IGNORED

Allo digione use - what do I need to set this up?

@hopkins thank you for this link

I'm trying it out, some new options to try that are not on Volumio.

One thing that surprised me, while copying to internal storage over SMB music does not get interrupted, like it does under Volumio, which is nice!

The thing I miss is scrobbling to lastfm.

I'll play with it for a while, since the DietPi footprint is so low I installed it on a 16Gb card I had around and now I can swap Volumio and DietPi on my RPI.

my > overly > fancy > system > with > directional > interconnects > powered > by > ego & linear fusion reactor

I cannot answer concerning the clocks, but did compare the DigiOne to the Hifiberry (in French here :http://forum-hifi.fr/thread-4520.html)  and found the DigiOne to be noticeably better. I have been using it for the past few months in my main system (connected via bnc cable to a wadia dac) and feel no need to change anything! 

The better your system the more you will benefit from the quality of the DigiOne... 

32 minutes ago, hopkins said:

I cannot answer concerning the clocks, but did compare the DigiOne to the Hifiberry (in French here :http://forum-hifi.fr/thread-4520.html)  and found the DigiOne to be noticeably better. I have been using it for the past few months in my main system (connected via bnc cable to a wadia dac) and feel no need to change anything! 

The better your system the more you will benefit from the quality of the DigiOne... 

Thanks for that. What are you using to power it?

I have the new Mamboberry supply for my HFB Digi+ Pro. I also have a LPSU from Tomanek which is excellent.

I ordered the DigiOne last night, so we'll find out soon enough!

I was using the ifi power and then switched to a daitron SMPS that was picking up dust. Either was fine and I do not think I could tell the difference. I do have an isolation transformer (daitron also) that my entire system is plugged into, and that seems to make more of a difference. As for the bnc cable it is a 50€ cable manufactured by a small supplier here in France. There are plenty of good bnc cables out there... 

15 hours ago, George Hincapie said:

I have the new Mamboberry supply for my HFB Digi+ Pro. I also have a LPSU from Tomanek which is excellent.

Hi,

any impressions on sonic results with these two different PSUs? From paper the Mamboberry PSU should have clearly lower noise (4.4 µV vs. around 8 mV with Tomanek). It would be interesting to hear which one you prefer!

Best regards

Stefan

On 10/13/2017 at 6:46 PM, George Hincapie said:

Also, what does the DigiOne do for clocking? The HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro has two seperate clocks; how does the DigiOne do it?

Hi ,

the DigiOne has also 2 clocks , but we use a shield that is grounded to make sure that any RF will not introduce jitter.

Dietpi is very good. I am using it since last week. 

Have a look here :

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317

• Slick Web Interface to configure and control the system.
  • Preinstalled with Audiophile software, such as Roon, O!MPD, NAA Daemon and Shairport-sync (AirPlay), Squeezelite and Gmrender (DLNA audio endpoint).
  • Ready to Run. Pre-configured and pre-installed image (No SSH/Terminal setup required)
  • Audiophile quality, all the optimizations and features of DietPi, 156MB RAM usage (RPi, all services enabled), RAMlog and more. Perfect for audio usage.