IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

6 hours ago, allo.com said:

I think this is a known bug , it will be adressed in the next release.

Yep,

This will be fixed in next release/update, however, you can resolve it now by running the following commands, on both systems:

dietpi-services stop

rm /mnt/dietpi_userdata/roon/RoonBridge/Settings/unique_id
rm /mnt/dietpi_userdata/roon/RAATServer/Settings/unique_id

dietpi-services start

1 hour ago, Kirbyt said:

Pretty impressed with this product, I felt I should chime in for those interested that i have dsd512 working without issue:

hqplayer-networked USB bridge-feeding a singxer Su1 with an lks mh-da004 dac at the end of the chain.

Thank's to chime in @Kirbyt

So you are using USBridge with ETH / USB dongle and no issue with Sparky ethernet bandwidth when streaming DSD512 to your LKS ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

13 minutes ago, Kirbyt said:

No, not using the dongle. That's Ethernet in direct to Ethernet port on sparky. I have only run 2stage filters so far on hqplayer and will try the other filters tonight to see if there's any issues. 

Thank's @Kirbyt . Very good if Sparky "native" Ethernet port is OK with DSD512 network bandwidth (IMHO changes on HQP filters have no impact on bandwidth required, only on CPU). However interested in your feedback.

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

Hi,

I have problem with USBridge+Volumio again (DAC XiangSheng DAC-05).

When I start music, song play about 1-2min and stop, when i want start again is error:

Failed to open "alsa", Error opening ALSA device "hw:1,0"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: input/output error.

I switched i2s dac on/off and restart and is the same (play 1 min. and error alsa)

Any ideas?

THX.

3 hours ago, andrev said:

Hi,

I have problem with USBridge+Volumio again (DAC XiangSheng DAC-05).

When I start music, song play about 1-2min and stop, when i want start again is error:

Failed to open "alsa", Error opening ALSA device "hw:1,0"; snd_pcm_hw_params() failed: input/output error.

I switched i2s dac on/off and restart and is the same (play 1 min. and error alsa)

Any ideas?

THX.

Please switch to dietpi GUI OS

Allo.com,

I pulled out a flash card from Sparky, the system boots, but I do not have access to http: //volumio.local.

I bought a new flash card, put the image of
DietPi, but it still loads the Volumio system.

What should I do to make the download not from internal memory, but from a flash card?

ps: blinks red LED, is this normal?

I took delivery of the Allo bridge yesterday and have had it in my system since. Sounds beautiful, in chain with Allo-Singxer su1- LKS da 004. As @Kirbyt reported I too am able Dsd 512 (Roon-Hq player) with no adaptor. 

However I continue to run into a function problem when selecting a track, skipping a track or a new band in Roon library where the new track will not play and eventually I get an amber message on the Roon remote

Transport: Roon lost control of the audio device. 

I am posting here as opposed to the Roon forum as I haven't seen this happen before with a Micro Rendu or Ultra Rendu used in the same system. 

Admittedly I took the Allo out of the box, plugged it in and went for it. I'm not sure if more configuration was required or not as I do notice it is also picking up all the other USB outputs in both Roon and Hq player. 

Has anyone else come across something similar? It seems to lose signal and then Roon loses the connection?

Thank you all. 

33 minutes ago, Allander said:

However I continue to run into a function problem when selecting a track, skipping a track or a new band in Roon library where the new track will not play and eventually I get an amber message on the Roon remote

Hi Allander, I have had the same issue with using HQPlayer /Roon combination.  Until recently, it used to just hang without error.  I believe a Roon update has this condition now resulted in the error notice “Transport: Roon lost control of the audio device.”  This is better than just hanging but still annoying!  I haven’t noticed this  occuring with Roon alone but I prefer HQplayer’s upsampling/filters to Roon.  Usually by hitting play again on the different song or album, it starts up again.   I didn’t have this issue with microRendu nor my Windows Pro Fanless NUC. using HQPlayer NAA with both units.  This is my only outstanding issue with USBridge.   I think it sounds great and better than the NUC!   

Sparky SBC/USBridge (HDPlex) –> Uptone ISO Regen(Uptone LPS-1) -> Singxer SU-1(Uptone LPS-1)/Holo Audio Spring –> Cary Audio SLP-05 –> Electrocompaniet AW180 Mono Blocks –> Martin Logan Summit X

@pgbcincy   Thanks for your reply. As you described, this is exactly my experience as well. I wonder if the fix would be with the USB bridge or Roon itself. I thought I would start here as I haven't run into this with either the Micro or Ultra Rendu. Hopefully it's a simple solution with USB bridge itself as it really does seem like a fantastic unit so far and I haven't even ventured the power options yet. 

Functionally though, for me, It's a real Achilles heel as it takes out Roon Radio and any playlist with Tidal tracks. Really any sort of continuous play at all, let alone the moving through tracks or artists. 

The Lks dac also goes through a process trying to lock the signal where for a few seconds you experience some pretty tough to listen to feedback. Normally I have only experienced this on the initial start up. Now it seems to happen every time the signal is lost. Increasing the BW on the LKS seems to have helped for now. 

@Allander  I'm with you about Roon Radio feature being lost with this issue.   My hunch its a Dietpi and HQplayer handshake issue as it doesnt happen with Roon alone but what do I know....  I'm hoping Dan @Daniel Knight can sprinkle some of his magic pixie dust and make it go away!  

Sparky SBC/USBridge (HDPlex) –> Uptone ISO Regen(Uptone LPS-1) -> Singxer SU-1(Uptone LPS-1)/Holo Audio Spring –> Cary Audio SLP-05 –> Electrocompaniet AW180 Mono Blocks –> Martin Logan Summit X