IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Hi,

I just got one question. Is there any advantages using the USB interface over the ones from Alllo digione? The Allo Digione would be optimal my DAC right now but I would go for the USBbridge if it has more advantages in the long run with an other DAC.   

Thanks

32 minutes ago, smith123 said:

Hi,

I just got one question. Is there any advantages using the USB interface over the ones from Alllo digione? The Allo Digione would be optimal my DAC right now but I would go for the USBbridge if it has more advantages in the long run with an other DAC.   

Thanks

Most dacs do not allow for higher sample rates (like 768k PCM and DSD256+) from SPDIF, only USB (or I2S but that's not an option here).  So that is one factor.  But if that is not an isse with you then the next factor is which input on your dac sounds best.

32 minutes ago, ted_b said:

Most dacs do not allow for higher sample rates (like 768k PCM and DSD256+) from SPDIF, only USB (or I2S but that's not an option here).  So that is one factor.  But if that is not an isse with you then the next factor is which input on your dac sounds best.

Thank you. That was exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Is it worth going for those extra extra features? I do not se a need for it but maybe I'm missing something? I do not have any native dsd-files. Was planning on maybe using the Digione with a Rega DAC R in the future.

2 hours ago, andrev said:

I installed DietPi and set frequency 44100, bit depth 32 and still the same problem - crackle in the speakers. 

Please give some more details , files you are trying to play (pcm or dsd , sample rate) , software used to play them .

Are you able to stream audio files and play them correctly (airplay , dlna) ?

58 minutes ago, allo.com said:

Please give some more details , files you are trying to play (pcm or dsd , sample rate) , software used to play them .

Are you able to stream audio files and play them correctly (airplay , dlna) ?

Hi,

Files i trying to play:

1. FLAC • 16bit - 44.1kHz • 906 kbps

2. MP3 • 16bit - 44.1kHz • cbr 192 kbps 

Software: O!MPD

On Raspberry+Digione(Volumio) played perfectly, but usbridge is crackle

On 10/21/2017 at 1:51 PM, 4est said:

double check. I want an HQPlayer NAA to run DSD512 into an AmaneroCombo384 DIY board (bought directly from Amanero, not one of their OEM models). As I understand it, I might need a USB>Ethernet dongle, but I do not see one on your site. My questions are:

Are you suggesting we wait to order until the Ethernet dongles arrive to you?

What is the approx percentage likelihood that I can attain 512 with the original Combo384 and dongle?

And now that you have a GUI update available,

Can you use airplay to stream a file to your DAC ?

58 minutes ago, andrev said:

Maybe problem is on Cambridge Audio DacMagic100...

Can you stream in any way a file to your DAC using USBridge, using airplay , dlna or use the USB key on another computer (same lan) ?

Its not possible to have no sound at all especially at those sample rates.

On 20.10.2017 at 6:38 PM, Daniel Knight said:

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

I have 7.9.0-164 for NAS Synology. There is no such problem dsd on moode and squeezelite 

I tested with:
- LMS 7.9.1 (Win)

- Enabled DSD plugin in LMS
- Sparky + Combo 384

I'am able to play DSD64/128 files fine. Unable to replicate using LMS 7.9.1.

image.thumb.png.c17bc688979464106191d4d33124b92e.png

Are you able to update your NAS Synology to 7.9.1 and retest?

In terms of this working on Moode, unsure. However, we are using the latest version of squeezelite:

root@DietPi-Allo-RPi:~# squeezelite --help

Option error: --help

Squeezelite v1.8.5-823

It could be that Moode is running an older version that is more compatible with 7.9.0. Aside from the Squeezelite binary, I can't see any other differences that would effect LMS playback with DSD files, as the LMS server handles the playback, Squeezelite is simply an endpoint.

Hi

Problem with DSD then likely my DAC LKS, that not play DSD native, it not blame sqeezelite or LMS

By Gmrender - bubble server - LKS 004 - Linn kazoo file DSD also not play

57 minutes ago, aqs said:

Hi

Problem with DSD then likely my DAC LKS, that not play DSD native, it not blame sqeezelite or LMS

By Gmrender - bubble server - LKS 004 - Linn kazoo file DSD also not play

Are you OK playing DSP (up to 128 max) via DoP: LMS > USBridge (SqueezeLite) > LKS004 ?

You should ...

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

2 hours ago, volpone said:

Are you OK playing DSP (up to 128 max) via DoP: LMS > USBridge (SqueezeLite) > LKS004 ?

You should ...

Hi

Not play DSD for DietPi, DSD play correctly only MoOde audio > raspberrypi> LKS, by LMS with NAS

To suspect that DietPi to exsert DSD native not DoP, hence LKS not to switch mode DSD and nothing play

1 hour ago, aqs said:

Hi

Not play DSD for DietPi, DSD play correctly only MoOde audio > raspberrypi> LKS, by LMS with NAS

To suspect that DietPi to exsert DSD native not DoP, hence LKS not to switch mode DSD and nothing play

- Where is DoP / Native DSD setup switch located (LMS or SqueezeLite) ?

- Are you sure Dietpi (Squeezelite) output is sent to the correct USB port ? PCM output OK ?

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

21 minutes ago, volpone said:

- Are you sure Dietpi (Squeezelite) output is sent to the correct USB port ? PCM output OK ?

Ain't such option

I am sure that all is good to aggregate

5 hours ago, allo.com said:

There is one thing that bothers me..even if not advertised as not working with Linux , at least for the low resolution files it should work at full speed USB2.0 

Try setting the bit dept to 16 when playing those files .

Hey,

I set 16 bit and is the same - no play, only crackle.

But on XiangSheng DAC-05 is all perfect:)

To CA DacMagic100 I will buy DigiOne (my second system)