IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Hi, I'm going to buy USBridge for iFi iDSD micro, and just curious about several points:

1. Do I need I2S ISOLATOR between Sparky and USBridge because as I understood it hasn't isolator as DigiOne?
  2. Can I feed DAC directly from USBridge (as iFi said it need about 1.5A) or I should add splitted USB cable to power DAC separately?
19 hours ago, pgbcincy said:

@Allander  I'm with you about Roon Radio feature being lost with this issue.   My hunch its a Dietpi and HQplayer handshake issue as it doesnt happen with Roon alone but what do I know....  I'm hoping Dan @Daniel Knight can sprinkle some of his magic pixie dust and make it go away!  

Hi all,

If you have experienced an issue with your USBbridge + DietPi, please complete the following to send us a "Bug Report":
The bug report will contain system information, log files, various other information that we can use to track down and debug a system.
- Replicate the issue you are experiencing on the system (to ensure logs are filled, with the information we need to assist).
- Login to the system via terminal (or SSH). USER=root PW=dietpi
- Run the command dietpi-bugreport
- Follow the onscreen instructions to send the bug report.

- Once completed, you will be provided with a unique ID for the bug report. Please make a note of this information, it will need to posted in your reply.

How to report and post your issue, once bug report is sent:
Please provide the following details in your post, this will allow us to investigate the issue:

- A brief description of the issue experienced (eg: DSD fails to play 10% of time)?
- When does the issue occur (eg: when playing music in Roon under DSD)

- How often does the issue occur (eg: roughly 10% of the time during start of playback)?
- Please also attach the unique ID reference code, which was generated during dietpi-bugreport.

With the above information, we can assist and begin investigations into issues experienced.

Hello all, I am experiencing the same issue running hqplayer direct (no roon involved) in that it drops connection and I have to assign the naa again in settings of hqplayer as a result. It generally only does this at the end of a loaded album, changing between songs does not create the issue. I will follow the above recomendations and send the bug report. Thanks

2 hours ago, Daniel Knight said:

If you have experienced an issue with your USBbridge + DietPi, please complete the following to send us a "Bug Report":

Hey Dan, sent.  Not hard to recreate, it happens everytime for me.

Sparky SBC/USBridge (HDPlex) –> Uptone ISO Regen(Uptone LPS-1) -> Singxer SU-1(Uptone LPS-1)/Holo Audio Spring –> Cary Audio SLP-05 –> Electrocompaniet AW180 Mono Blocks –> Martin Logan Summit X

HI.

I have a problem with the accidental suspension of Sparky (DietPI), most often comes to this while scrolling , change the song or play the radio. The only way is to switch off the device and re-start. My set is: SparkyUSBridge, LKS03 DAC and LMS installed on PC / Win7. Controlled by Ipeng. Thanks for the help.

i want trial dietpi but dont works.today install about 4 hours,now set hardware-downloading ,but second time do this alredy.after auto restart want download again and again......wt hell is this guys???

every time i need connected display and keyboard?why so slow and complicated this process??

1 hour ago, hurka said:

failed to start shutdown all ssh sessions before network-this message problem?

Thanks for the report. I've fixed this for our next update v158.

every time i need connected display and keyboard?why so slow and complicated this process??

If you are using the stock DietPi image, the first run setup of system can take time due to it updating to latest version. Duration mostly depends on internet and SD card/EMMC performance.

If the stock DietPi image and its initial setup procedure is too complicated. We highly recommend using the pre-installed "ready to run" Allo GUI image:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317#p8868

now download again package.zip ,do this alredy before 4 times!!!!

We are unable to replicate this in our tests. Could be related to a bad image write, faulty SD card and/or insufficient power to system causing instability.

Please can you verify the following:
- Device used (EG: Raspberry Pi 3)
- SD/EMMC card used (we recommend Sandisk Ultra/Extreme for stability if SD)
- Power supply used (EG: 5v/1A phone charger. We recommend official PSU for stability)

2 hours ago, Maniol said:

HI.

I have a problem with the accidental suspension of Sparky (DietPI), most often comes to this while scrolling , change the song or play the radio. The only way is to switch off the device and re-start. My set is: SparkyUSBridge, LKS03 DAC and LMS installed on PC / Win7. Controlled by Ipeng. Thanks for the help.

Hi,

We'd like to investigate the cause of this issue, would you be willing to send us a bug report?
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/32132-allo-sparky-usbridge/?do=findComment&comment=737823

Hello, I as well sent a bug report the I'd code is

ad52fc1d-2319-4a39-bf73-68531be6ac74-0

the issue for me is easily repeatable, if I stop a track or a playlist comes to an end the naa looses sight of the dac (or hqplayer looses sight of the naa) and i need to open hqplayer preferences deslect naa as backend, then reselect it and then it will find the device (singxer su1 in my case) and play again. 

On 11/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, Daniel Knight said:

Do you happen to remember the unique ID code generated during the bug report? We can use this to find it in our database

Sorry about that... ad52fc1d-2319-4a39-bf73-68531be6ac74-0 

Sparky SBC/USBridge (HDPlex) –> Uptone ISO Regen(Uptone LPS-1) -> Singxer SU-1(Uptone LPS-1)/Holo Audio Spring –> Cary Audio SLP-05 –> Electrocompaniet AW180 Mono Blocks –> Martin Logan Summit X

On 11/5/2017 at 7:01 AM, Kirbyt said:

Hello, I as well sent a bug report the I'd code is

ad52fc1d-2319-4a39-bf73-68531be6ac74-0

the issue for me is easily repeatable, if I stop a track or a playlist comes to an end the naa looses sight of the dac (or hqplayer looses sight of the naa) and i need to open hqplayer preferences deslect naa as backend, then reselect it and then it will find the device (singxer su1 in my case) and play again. 

Hi,

based on the feedback we have checked the USB  .  We can see some small error in the drivers and we are working as fast as possible to fix it . Expect some update in 2-3 days.

@allo.com Is anyone experiencing issues with the new update?

I was attempting to create a bug report as per above and thought I better update the unit prior. On the GUI I received a message stating Successful update and to now reboot. I attempted to reboot and the unit went into thinking (orbiting circle) for 20 min. I tried again and the same result. I went to shut down instead and it would not respond to that either. Now I cannot even log into the GUI? 

Has this update erased the GUI from the unit? 

A suggestion at this point as the unit  itself sounds great however a more outlined, step by step guide to where things have evolved to this point would be of benefit. Searching through the thread and trying to figure out where a received unit is at and what is required is very confusing.  I know another user who replaced his image with the micro sd card in order to update to the GUI the other day only to realize it was already installed on the unit. 

A lot has been accomplished and clearly things have evolved. The communication of which seems to be causing some issues. 

Thanks for for your efforts. 

7 hours ago, Allander said:

@allo.com Is anyone experiencing issues with the new update?

I was attempting to create a bug report as per above and thought I better update the unit prior. On the GUI I received a message stating Successful update and to now reboot. I attempted to reboot and the unit went into thinking (orbiting circle) for 20 min. I tried again and the same result. I went to shut down instead and it would not respond to that either. Now I cannot even log into the GUI? 

Has this update erased the GUI from the unit? 

A suggestion at this point as the unit  itself sounds great however a more outlined, step by step guide to where things have evolved to this point would be of benefit. Searching through the thread and trying to figure out where a received unit is at and what is required is very confusing.  I know another user who replaced his image with the micro sd card in order to update to the GUI the other day only to realize it was already installed on the unit. 

A lot has been accomplished and clearly things have evolved. The communication of which seems to be causing some issues. 

Thanks for for your efforts. 

Hi ,

we are working on a manual . Meanwhile this week we should have a new release .

@allo.com Great news on the manual. 

I pulled the power from the unit and did get it to reboot. Thus I now have access to the GUI page online again and can confirm v157 is active. 

Unfortunately the result is I have no sound output in PCM or DSD whatsoever at any sample rate. My dac does confirm signal at the appropriate sample rate and I get a pop through the speakers when trying to play anything initially and that's it. 

Is this v157 known to be functional? At this point am I waiting for the new version to come out to restore function and hopefully also correct the prior issues? 

Thanks. 

Hi!!

diet pi with allo gui works finally,streaming from pc ,hq player or jriver.compared Volumio play sd card ,sparky upscaling 384khz,the sound much better than diet pi -stream.

Where can I find player software in allo gui play from  sd card,or how can I config this ?