IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

2 hours ago, allo.com said:

Image released .

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8868

All existing users, who tried the previous testing images, should re-write the new image to match official release.
I'll continue to support the images and web interface, applying updates/fixes through DietPi.

Changes since the last images:

• GENERAL: Auto swapfile size generation on first boot.

• GENERAL: NetData and Samba file-server now installed by default. Samba can be used to easily transfer music to MPD/O!MPD directory.

• MPD SETTINGS PAGE: Added ability to set "Native" output frequency and bit depth. Source format will match output format.

• STATUS PAGE: Added ability to launch the NetData web interface.

When will this be available for dietpi-update?

Any luck with DNLA client software?

New USB WIFI dongle is available at end of month?

Thanks for the new price! I need another USBridge for my headphone rig with WIFI option.

1 hour ago, allo.com said:

You mean DNLA renderer ?

USB wifi already available . You need to burn the new image. Sorry the update wont work.

This is the final version and from now on will update through GUI

Yes, DLNA renderer.

I'll play with the new update this weekend, thanks.

8 hours ago, volpone said:

Hi @ttimon

Why do you need Sparky / USBridge kernel upgrade ?

Nothing in particular.

Just understand that new kernel means new hardware (like usb3 to ethernet  etc.), security but also sound features updated.

Looks that Sparky stack on 3.10, while world is using 4.X...which question a little sparky as future-proof platform. 

On 9/27/2017 at 10:03 AM, Daniel Knight said:

We are updating the Web Interface Image which will automatically detect, and set, USB ETH during boot. Image should be available end of week. Ioan/Allo will update you when its ready.

Daniel, have installed the web interface image, WoW, nice piece of work. Easy and works perfectly. To correct the Mytek Brooklyn DSD 256 noise related to the ethernet port on Sparky I ordered and setup a USB3 to ethernet dongle with the reccomended chip.

Good news is that on boot dietpi identified an d activated the USB ethernet dongle...bad news is that I still have the ringing sound when upgrading to DSD256

10 hours ago, allo.com said:

Image released .

http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8868

All existing users, who tried the previous testing images, should re-write the new image to match official release.
I'll continue to support the images and web interface, applying updates/fixes through DietPi.

Changes since the last images:

• GENERAL: Auto swapfile size generation on first boot.

• GENERAL: NetData and Samba file-server now installed by default. Samba can be used to easily transfer music to MPD/O!MPD directory.

• MPD SETTINGS PAGE: Added ability to set "Native" output frequency and bit depth. Source format will match output format.

• STATUS PAGE: Added ability to launch the NetData web interface.

@allo.com @Daniel Knight

You guys are very impressive!  The GUI works like a champ! 

I can't remember when I mentioned that this was needed but it can't be that much longer than a month ago.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

6 hours ago, msherman said:

Daniel, have installed the web interface image, WoW, nice piece of work. Easy and works perfectly. To correct the Mytek Brooklyn DSD 256 noise related to the ethernet port on Sparky I ordered and setup a USB3 to ethernet dongle with the reccomended chip.

Good news is that on boot dietpi identified an d activated the USB ethernet dongle...bad news is that I still have the ringing sound when upgrading to DSD256

Hi,

Great to hear, everyone's feedback here gets listened to and helps make a better product experience.

In relation to MyTek, Allo have reached out to them several times, with the goal, willingness and time of getting true native DSD256 and 512 support in Linux, unfortunately, MyTek appear uninterested and still provide no response to enquiries.

3 hours ago, jtwrace said:

@allo.com @Daniel Knight

You guys are very impressive!  The GUI works like a champ! 

I can't remember when I mentioned that this was needed but it can't be that much longer than a month ago.  

Great to hear, we'll continue to support and develop the web GUI, adding features and fixes that benefit the audiophile experience.

We welcome all feedback and feature suggestions.

18 hours ago, ttimon said:

Nothing in particular.

Just understand that new kernel means new hardware (like usb3 to ethernet  etc.), security but also sound features updated.

Looks that Sparky stack on 3.10, while world is using 4.X...which question a little sparky as future-proof platform. 

Kernel upgrade is being worked on , but its a community effort and as such there is no telling when it will be ready.

Meanwhile Dan from DietPi and allo  team , we are working on making the DietPI GUI version , rock solid. I think the new image is already stable and we will continue supporting and upgrading every component .

New upgrades will be available  soon.

I burned the new image and everything went well. The WebGUI is easy to find and open on Win10. Several programs came pre-installed, aside from Roon - MPD, NAA, WIFI Hotspot & ShairPort were Active. However, I tried installing Squeezebox and Squeezelite from dietpi-software yet they do not show up on the WebGUI. LMS detects Squeezlite and plays, but no data moving to the DAC. Switch to Roon and everything works fine. I deactivated all apps in the WebGUI except Roon, but still no audio thru Squeezebox.

Advice please, do I need to uninstall surplus apps?

Also tried rebooting twice using PuTTY and USBridge failed to start (no flashing red LED). Had to unplug and cold boot to get back. I tried WebGUI version and rebooted successfully. 

Great stuff, looking forward to the Aluminum case!

On 10/6/2017 at 11:29 AM, allo.com said:

You mean DNLA renderer ?

USB wifi already available . You need to burn the new image. Sorry the update wont work.

This is the final version and from now on will update through GUI

I want to use USBridge as a DLNA render driven by J River Media Center 23 running on a Windows 10 PC.   Will this currently work ? If not, is there some other configuration that will work  using J River on Windows ?

7 minutes ago, ChuckB777 said:

I want to use USBridge as a DLNA render driven by J River Media Center 23 running on a Windows 10 PC.   Will this currently work ? If not, is there some other configuration that will work  using J River on Windows ?

It's coming, check Daniel's reply to my post. 

Is anyone out there using the USBridge with a Auralic Vega DAC ?   Does it work without dropouts when using the Vega in Exact Clock Mode ?   When using DSD 256 ? 

Can't get my Vega to work reliably with Windows 10.  I've tried both an ISO Regen and iFi Nano USB3  reclocker and still get intermittent dropouts / white noise.   Hoping  the USBridge will resolve this !

1 hour ago, ChuckB777 said:

Is anyone out there using the USBridge with a Auralic Vega DAC ?   Does it work without dropouts when using the Vega in Exact Clock Mode ?   When using DSD 256 ? 

Can't get my Vega to work reliably with Windows 10.  I've tried both an ISO Regen and iFi Nano USB3  reclocker and still get intermittent dropouts / white noise.   Hoping  the USBridge will resolve this !

Using Roon, you should be good up to 364, you need a Ethernet Dongle to do 512. Auralic is a Roon partner, get the free trial. Should work with PC/JRiver combo, but is highly dependent on setting/hardware configurations. Roon is so much more intuitive to configure and it will identify your DAC and allow changes on the fly. It even serves up your DAC User Manual.

I'm hopeful for the J River DLNA Renderer as well. JRiver is more portable than Roon. Roon has to be operated with a WIFI connection.

Hi Everyone 

First post to CA.  I am taking delivery of a USbridge soon.  I have to bring an Ethernet cable up from the basement office where Roon core will be installed.  Does anyone think I should run anything other than Cat 5e, like 6 or 7?  Also need to purchase a USB cable to go from USBridge to Nuprime DAC-9.   Is a better quality cable recommended here?

Thanks!

Chris

10 minutes ago, Chris Hornsby said:

Does anyone think I should run anything other than Cat 5e,

Cat 5e is fine for 1000MBit (eg: onboard LAN of Sparky SBC).

However, i'd personally recommend Cat 6, to ensure future proof. There not that much more expensive, and, will save you time by not having to replace it at a later date.

Cat 6 also comes with better shielding by design.