IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

1 minute ago, EdmontonCanuck said:

Humor aside, I'd be interested in hearing a response about some sort of Q&A from Larry. I think that if he declined it would speak volumes.

Could also mean he doesn't want to put himself out there where everyone would just call him a liar regardless. Maybe both. It's easy to speculate both ways with zero proof of intentions either way. If i hear something, I'll announce it. 

26 minutes ago, Blake said:

Update:  A member on the SBAF forum drove by the Light Harmonic offices in California and posted a pic.  Apparently the office is now occupied by a different company.   So it looks like Larry is gone.  Of course he might have moved to a different office space. 

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/lh-labs-never-received-your-crowd-funded-product.7452/page-2#post-245399

Jarek, is Larry still living in the USA?

Of course. The SBAF community did absolutely NO researching into literally anything revolving around the current address (much like other things they choose not to research when it comes to LH Labs or Light Harmonic). Instead, they focused on name-calling and conspiracy theories.

They specifically chose and discussed the old address (Roseville), absolutely no one bothered to check or correct the address, even people on this forum who frequent that forum, and we had even DISCUSSED on this very thread the exact new address. You yourself even posted that exact address and I told everyone to go over there and check. The new address was ALSO posted on Facebook and ALSO directly on our website.

18 hours ago, Kyhl said:

I would be shocked if LeeS agreed to ask hard questions such as these.  It is a lose lose for him.

Which is why Jarek purposefully asked LeeS in the first place.  It also explains why Jarek received lots of "funny" feedback when he first floated the idea.  The whole thing would be a joke that doesn't help the consumers.

I only asked Lee because someone brought it up on this forum that a) he wrote the original article on LH and the article ended up being almost completely wrong and b) he was a member of CA/AS and c) he chimed in on this thread. I am barely aware of Lee, only being familiar with him on an extreme very surface level from his various writings, (mostly that LH Labs article). And I can assure you that Lee and Larry are almost certainly 99.99999% not having some sort of backdoor communication, especially since Lee hasn't responded to my offer and Larry was surprised by the name drop after not hearing it for years. Nor do I have any idea how he would handle that interview. 

However, if anyone has alternate suggestions for an interviewer who has in-depth knowledge of LH Labs/IGG/crowdfunding/LH Labs + IGG debacle, let me know. 

3 hours ago, zerodeefex said:

One member on SBAF makes a mistake and you choose to disparage the place that I run with a few close friends because we believe that consumers should be informed and, as a community, we need to continue to explore what we hear and why? Of course you're complaining here rather than on SBAF because both your work and personal accounts were banned from our community for playing the victim while being an asshole, making misogynistic comments and generally being a sad sack of garbage.

1. I didn't badmouth SBAF due to "you believing that consumers should be informed and, as a community, we need to continue to explore what we hear and why?" I was a member of SBAF loooooong before I was EVER associated with LH Labs. Your reason as to my reason is wrong (and I previously stated it here and it was ignored by you)

2. I was never an asshole to anyone over there, and there were 3 contradicting reasons given to 2 different people as to why my accounts were banned. I could go in-depth but it's really not worth it. In fact, the guy who "kick-started" my ban actually APOLOGIZED to me over it and regretted it getting that far. This is the second time you've personally attacked me out of nowhere in public. At no point have I ever publicly trashed you personally. 

3. SBAF is known as a joke, a hive-mind, and a cult, and a Campfire Audio shill place amongst the high-end audiophiles I personally know. The forum is discussed quite a bit in depth in our inner circles. (note: this is not to say CA is bad at all, CA is generally highly regarded by myself and others) There is virtually zero moderation, members are allowed to openly attack other members, and calls to violence are ignored, amongst many many other problems in the discussions. You try to be an audiophile 4 Chan, except you're not as clever. [you're welcome to use that as your tagline] Your close friends are bad company, as is your community. I honestly used to like SBAF a LOT more than Head-Fi until I actually REALLY began to understand the culture at SBAF (after LH Labs). 

4. The irony is: if I hadn't been banned, I would have contacted the member who drove (to the wrong address) BEFORE he had driven and given him the RIGHT address so he didn't waste a trip (because I honestly didn't care if he drove out to the new office, as I stated here). Unfortunately, no one bothered to check the address until AFTER the mistake.  

5. Anything else you posted about LH Labs I won't deny, as you would know better than I would, and we all appreciate you letting us know the story. I certainly hold no ill will towards you sharing your LH Labs experience and I've heard similar stories from other employees. 

6. Anything else I have to say I'll PM it, unless you decide to drag out personal things into the public again. 

4 minutes ago, bernardperu said:

As of now, Head-Fi has not allowed the 100s (or over 1000? - Jarek, can you clarify how many of us are out there?-) 

But why? As our good friend Ravi says: 

5 hours ago, zerodeefex said:

As you're a contractor that is on the payroll to do damage control, I would recommend everyone ignore anything you say as PR. 

;) 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:33 AM, Blake said:

I sincerely doubt Larry or Jarek have ever bothered to read the IGG terms of service.

Of course I have. In fact, we posted an IGG update on Sep 9, 2017 • 11:36PM regarding the TOS. (see attached photo at the bottom of this post)

Larry is aware of the TOS, but when there's no updates to give, there's no updates to give. We could always update everyone by saying there's no update to give, but that would just annoy people as much as actually giving an update does to some people.

1. We give an update. It upsets people because they ONLY want a ship date.

2. We give an update. It upsets people because they assume it's all lies.

3. We give an update. It upsets people because it contains information they don't like.

4. We give an update. Sometimes it pleases some people.

OR

1. We give NO update. It upsets people because we aren't updating.

We post updates when available, almost or exactly immediately. It's not all the time and it's not every month. I am fully aware of that and Larry is too. (and yes, I know the real-life situation has not worked out according to what the attachment states) If IGG has a problem with LH Labs breaking TOS, they can always take it up with LH Labs and we'll adjust accordingly.

On that note, we have at least one member of this forum actively campaigning for IGG to shut down the LH L pages and campaigns; effectively making it impossible for us to send updates to anyone...so updates may indeed become a thing of the past if this individual gets his way. TOS won't apply at that point.

On that note, a Wave update is coming soon (hopefully by this weekend) and when I get more information over other campaigns, those will be posted as well.

LH Snip.JPG

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Got to be the world's dumbest PR person.  Man is clearly forgetting the First Rule of Holes. x-D

You misunderstand the situation. I'm not in a hole. That information I posted was already public. The information you're discussing is common, public knowledge, easily verified by a search through IGG. There are no "holes". But I suppose this is where the conversation has devolved to: name calling.

23 minutes ago, PorkChop said:

Glad to see you are engaging here @LHCommSquad.  I've asked variations of this question in all other Geek Wave forums, but you have never addressed it.  Here is yet another attempt:

What delivery delay time (6 years past IGG campaign date...12 years past IGG completion date) do you PERSONALLY think is beyond any reasonable (objective) expectation? This is important information for us Geek Wave backers to know when to cut bait and move forward with litigation or other actions.

Follow up: In your perspective, what is the distinction between you being a helpful conduit between Larry Ho and the backers, vs. being an enabler for a fraudulent operation. If you continue to deliberately not address this, I'm assuming the latter.

1. What I think has or should have no bearing on what backers decide to do with their time/efforts/resources.

2. Whatever I think about "helping" vs "enabling" I am sure will have no bearing on what others who have a pre-existing disposition feel, so that's a pointless conversation to have. Whatever I decide to do or not do has little to no bearing on LH Lab's continuing operations as the current situation stands. I could disappear tomorrow and LH Labs would continue on doing what LH Labs is doing, except I'm unsure who would be giving you updates on the status of the campaigns or when, regardless of the content contained in those updates, or who would be interacting with customers or when or where those interactions would take place (if any continued to exist).

Some day that day may come, sooner or maybe later, and then we'll find out how that works out for all parties (still) involved.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, noshortcuts said:

Bill posted this on Indiegogo. I don't know how he found it or when it was recorded but it's sickeningly refreshing to hear Larry laugh at how "funny" his campaigns "business model" are: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O15cnjBKEuS6znLHmu45yW3xr2wfjsBh/view

Let's give full context (see screenshot): 

Also, this was part of a conversation I had with Larry that I recorded (with his permission) in an interview style, asking him questions that people had posted on the forums. The exact question this was in regards to was: 

"Jarek, you stated that "campaign funds stayed within respective campaigns" and Hercules then queried, if that is the case, why have other campaigns (eg Vi Dac, Source, remaining Pulse, etc) stalled along with the Wave campaign. "  This question, along with a variation, about why the Analog campaign hasn't moved along since it has its own money. AS WELL AS why the campaigns are all stalling, in regards to the idea that there is one singular grand reason. (there isn't) ---> which is why he said "it's funny"...because the idea that there is one singular grand reason isn't true. 

At no point in my time knowing him has Larry ever laughed or made light of the campaign issues or money issues. As I pointed out in the screenshot to Bill (who WAS laughing), no one else besides (apparently) Bill think anything about this is humorous. In fact, on MULTIPLE occasions, Larry has expressed a lot of distress over the matter. 

Larry, has, however, struggled with the English language and uses broken English and perhaps "wrong" words to formulate his thoughts on a frequent basis. (or used words which the internet people can jump to twist out of context unfairly and maliciously)

Text.JPG

17 minutes ago, noshortcuts said:

LHCommSquad, welcome back. And such a fast response, like one second. After weeks or months of silence. Funny. Not. Your "context" does not help me. Who is Bill to you or Larry? You offer a QA and then disappear and yet Bill gets a recorded chat? Why is Bill posting the interview instead of you? How does ESL change anything. Laughing or not, Larry says it's funny. Larry thinks his business model is "the biggest problem of all". Lots of edits. What else was said. This recording says almost nothing about big campaigns like Pulse/Source/Vi. And, etc. We'll see if your "context" comforts others.

Those are not edits. Those are audio files from WeChat and you have about 1 minute each "recording" before you have to start another one or the program splits up the audio. No edits were done. Included is the exact conversation I recorded the audio from (see screenshot). You're welcome to time the beeps to the time stamps in the audio as you're listening. 

Bill is a backer who has been across the forums demanding refunds and generally loudly expressing his displeasure with LH Labs and Larry. 

Chat Screen.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Blake said:

Where did you post these updates?  Progress on what products?

Notwithstanding your contractual obligations at IGG, you haven't posted an update for the Vi Dac since SEPTEMBER 5, 2018.

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000063738-wave-update-4-26-2019

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000063712-wave-chassis-photos

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000063306-wave-update-4-16-2019

These are 3 updates on the Wave that the community has been discussing over the past week. They were posted over at IGG and people have been commenting on them there and around the various internet forums.

@bc2112 aptX is a big deal to those who paid for it to be included on their Waves.

@noshortcuts the software turned out to be buggy and not very polished on the Source, so they held back shipments and are working on fixing it. Wish I had better news on that front. We did hear back from the people who got their Sources that they sound great, regardless of the poor user experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, sdavies2720 said:

I've thankfully finally been able to ignore this fiasco for a few months. But today I tried to visit the indiegogo pages, and can't get to them.  Is this just an oddity of my system, or are others experiencing the same thing?

Steve

They've worked fine for me today using Pale Moon browser.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
26 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Sure. Wanna buy a nice old bridge? x-D

I thought you weren't going to post in here anymore. I'm unsure why you're continuing to prod a fight with me/LH Labs/LH when we a) aren't a competitor of yours and b) have done nothing against or towards you. 

Instead of trying to pick fights with another company, maybe spend your efforts towards the following:

1. Focusing on the audio needs and solutions of your customers

2. Focusing on spending time with your wife/kids

3. Sending your products to Amir for testing (but that'll never happen, right?)