IGNORED

Light Harmonic (LH Labs). Scam? USD$6 million not delivered since 2014

Message added by The Computer Audiophile

All those who contributed to the spreadsheet of losses - please check your email and Spam for email from: [email protected].

The deadline is Jan. 3rd to confirm that you will "join the complaint". To join you need to read the email and attachments and send back one document.

Happy New Year!

13 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

We literally just put out 2 updates on 4/18 and 4/26 showing actual work and progress. 

Lol.  

Progress is a case when you already had a release candidate a few years ago.  Big deal about aptx.

How about a production update to show us "things are progressing".

When do backers get units or refunds?

3 minutes ago, LHCommSquad said:

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000063738-wave-update-4-26-2019

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000063712-wave-chassis-photos

https://support.lhlabs.com/support/solutions/articles/13000063306-wave-update-4-16-2019

These are 3 updates on the Wave that the community has been discussing over the past week. They were posted over at IGG and people have been commenting on them there and around the various internet forums.

@bc2112 aptX is a big deal to those who paid for it to be included on their Waves.

It won't matter if there are no waves.  In typical LH fashion, getting stuck in the weeds instead of getting a unit out. Is the case 3d printed?

16 hours ago, LHCommSquad said:

Upcoming hopefully soon. Larry has talked about it with me and the factory situation very recently.

How about showing what the plan is for all projects?  See attached for the Wave plan...this was 2 years ago from Larry....never had aptx on it. Or is everything really just guess work now without a real plan? 

WavePlan.png

• 2 weeks later...

Another week gone by without pictures of new case renderings, or stuff on batteries, bluetooth, or wifi.  Makes everything worthwhile doesn't it?

There is more information here on the legal proceedings here than on anything LH production related....surprise surprise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2019 at 10:25 PM, Cecil said:

Looks like at least one Vi Dac Tube actually exists:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LH-Labs-Vi-DAC-Tube-Hybrid-DAC-D-A-Converter-Remote-/223332332902?_ul=AU

I had started to think Vi Dac was perhaps a figment of Larry's imagination, but no. So they can be built!

No ongoing development required. Then where are the rest?

Who cares if they can be built? It only matters if they can be produced. LHL has no money. Jarek has said IGG items will only be produced if funds are provided by Light Harmonic. There are no funds for production because LHL blew all the interest-free loans they got from IGG (we backers) on who-knows-what. It is a total train wreck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, labjr said:

I was fortunate to get my money back in the middle of the campaign, because Gavin wanted to shut me up. I was in every forum complaining about them and JA from Stereophile, forwarded an email to Gavin about my complaint. 

I wouldn't buy anything on crowdfunding anymore. Not worth the risk. And I'm not waiting for a year so save a little bit. I'll wait to buy a product when it comes out on the retail market. If YOU don't have the capital to make a product, then don't expect everyone else to take all the risk. 

I'm sure this is true for quite a few people.

1 hour ago, labjr said:

I was fortunate to get my money back in the middle of the campaign, because Gavin wanted to shut me up. I was in every forum complaining about them and JA from Stereophile, forwarded an email to Gavin about my complaint. 

I wouldn't buy anything on crowdfunding anymore. Not worth the risk. And I'm not waiting for a year so save a little bit. I'll wait to buy a product when it comes out on the retail market. If YOU don't have the capital to make a product, then don't expect everyone else to take all the risk. 

Again, with the right mindset, crowd funding could be good for you. But NO MATTER WHAT, you should go in expecting to lose whatever you contribute. If a person is ok with that, then cool. The plan sponsors love it because it is easy money...just like multi-level marketing!

I won't ever go back because it is just too greasy.

12 hours ago, Currawong said:

I think a major part of the problem was Gavin pushing more and more upgrades for the Pulse, and letting things get way out of control. Compare that to, say, Schiit audio, a few years ago, not wanting to do more than one chassis color since they were concerned about having to double the number of SKUs, and the added complexity and issues it would cause them (at least from my memory of a conversation with Jason Stoddard).

The "cease and desist" thing is grossly ironic, as Gavin tried to shut me up in person with (what I recall were) vague legal threats when I started telling people that there were major red flags with what was going on at LH Labs. He then bragged that he had taken in $12m that year.  What he failed to mention was that very little of that money had put products into customer hands at the time.

This is the problem with crowd funding. Someone can raise millions, millions, and even more millions and they are not accountable to anyone. There is all talk from the sponsors about making sure backers get their stuff but it means nothing. IGG even says:

"you should work directly with the campaign owner to resolve the refund request and method of refund."

No accountability and no consumer protection. As we have all learned by now, only put as much money into crowd funding as you can afford to lose; always assume your money will be lost. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Smells Fishy doesn't it?

I'm sure he could help....after all, his website says:

Often, my job has been to cut through all of it to dig out the truth and publish it publicly. That’s why as you look through my cases, you’ll find thousands of pages of documents on these cases that are only available here on my website.

If you need help with research, I offer that as a service for a reasonable fee. Please contact me using this form if you’d like to hire me.

Maybe Larry could hire him for a small stipend.  After all, Gavin has all sorts of documents nobody else has!

• 2 weeks later...