IGNORED

Site Issues, Updates, Changes, and Feedback Thread

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Does this only happen on the activity stream page?

On closer inspection, it happens on other pages too. It's not as noticeable on thread pages since it's natural to linger there for a bit before trying to click something.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Firefox source code to see if I can tame it from that end.

1 hour ago, mansr said:

On closer inspection, it happens on other pages too. It's not as noticeable on thread pages since it's natural to linger there for a bit before trying to click something.

Anyway, I'm looking at the Firefox source code to see if I can tame it from that end.

Thank you.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

3 hours ago, mansr said:

I managed to improve the situation in Firefox by ripping out a few hundred lines of nonsense code and deferring opening of the sound device a bit. It still often ends up hogging the sound card (which means some javascript here is misbehaving as other sites do not have this problem), but I think the annoying freeze-up is gone.

40 minutes ago, mansr said:

I managed to improve the situation in Firefox by ripping out a few hundred lines of nonsense code and deferring opening of the sound device a bit. It still often ends up hogging the sound card (which means some javascript here is misbehaving as other sites do not have this problem), but I think the annoying freeze-up is gone.

I just changed the javascript to load Just before </body> tag if you're using the Premium theme.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I just changed the javascript to load Just before </body> tag if you're using the Premium theme.

It's still hogging the sound device for no apparent reason. This is annoying because it means nothing else can play sounds.

4 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

can't edit to make huge text copied into a post (Quick Post?) conform to regular size text

Usually, if you paste formatted text, a banner appears with an offer to paste as plain text instead. If not, select it and click the Tx button above the edit box. Or at least you used to. That button seems to be gone.

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You’re looking at a Q&A thread where posts have been voted down. Those appear “last.”

I missed the sorting control. I was looking for it at the top or even bottom, not between the initial question and the responses. I think defaulting to date is more logical though.

3 minutes ago, Daccord said:

I missed the sorting control. I was looking for it at the top or even bottom, not between the initial question and the responses. I think defaulting to date is more logical though.

This section is design to show people the best answers without scrolling through pages of less than good answers. The main forum is sorted by date by default.