IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

2 hours ago, MJ1409 said:

Anybody using hqplayer (embedded or desktop) on Clear Linux os?

im trying to install hqpe but not having too much luck as yet…. 

Clear Linux is designed such way that it will be pretty difficult to make it work.

I would recommend sticking either to one of the supported distributions, or even better just use HQPlayer OS.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Don't mean to derail the conversation but not quite sure where to go for help. I just bought an Alienware Aurora R13 Gaming computer with Intel Core i9 12900KF, 32 GBDDR5 RAM, Nividia RTX 3070Ti and Windows 11 Pro. All that in hopes of being able to run any 48k 512 DSD file on Signalyst HQ Player with my T+A DAC 8 DSD. Disappointed. For reasons unknown to me I can't upsample any file to greater than 48k 128 DSD. Plus side, at that rate, to my ears it sounds as good as running files at 48K 512 on my old Windows 10 computer (after a LOT of trial and error). I was so frustrated I momentarily went back to JRiver and even trialed Audirvana to see if they rivaled HQ Player. They both sounded a bit diffuse and bottlenecked my DAC at PCM 348K. Weird, the new computer sees my DAC as "Speakers T+A DAC 8 DSD." and only lets DSD play in WASAPI. It used to be ASIO.

I'm using my old version (3.25.4) on the new computer. I have a Register Key, but see no place to put it in. I tried the new HQPlayer 4 first. Very complicated for my limited abilities

Any ideas how I can get the new computer to let my DAC play 48K 512 DSD again? The computer gives the option of playing CD or DVD quality. Is this my bottleneck? Is there a way to get past this? My old Windows 10 had the same options but between HQ Player and the T+A DAC 8 DSD I had no problems playing 48K 512. To anyone who responds, please make it simple. I'm not computer savvy.

4 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Miska hi Jussi, is Freewheel enabled by default in HQPlayer OS 4.32.5?

It is property of the control application, since it is communicated by the control application to the HQPlayer server for each item added to the playlist. It of course also works only for finite length items, it naturally cannot be enabled for endless streams. It is enabled by default in HQPlayer Client 4.19.3 for new installs. Since these settings are stored for next run of the Client, new version won't affect older installs as they already have the previously set value stored which will be used unless changed.

4 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

… thanks for the CD eject button … but unfortunately it doesn’t work … I tried to issue the eject cdrom command in terminal session too but it seems the command doesn’t exist

I'll check if I have some image configuration problem. It worked on my Ubuntu development machine though.

3 hours ago, musicbuff said:

Don't mean to derail the conversation but not quite sure where to go for help. I just bought an Alienware Aurora R13 Gaming computer with Intel Core i9 12900KF, 32 GBDDR5 RAM, Nividia RTX 3070Ti and Windows 11 Pro. All that in hopes of being able to run any 48k 512 DSD file on Signalyst HQ Player with my T+A DAC 8 DSD. Disappointed. For reasons unknown to me I can't upsample any file to greater than 48k 128 DSD. Plus side, at that rate, to my ears it sounds as good as running files at 48K 512 on my old Windows 10 computer (after a LOT of trial and error). I was so frustrated I momentarily went back to JRiver and even trialed Audirvana to see if they rivaled HQ Player. They both sounded a bit diffuse and bottlenecked my DAC at PCM 348K. Weird, the new computer sees my DAC as "Speakers T+A DAC 8 DSD." and only lets DSD play in WASAPI. It used to be ASIO.

Did you successfully install the T+A driver? You need to use the T+A ASIO driver, without DoP, to get higher than DSD128.

6 hours ago, stefano_mbp said:

@Miska hi Jussi, is Freewheel enabled by default in HQPlayer OS 4.32.5?

… thanks for the CD eject button … but unfortunately it doesn’t work … I tried to issue the eject cdrom command in terminal session too but it seems the command doesn’t exist

I rebuilt the HQPlayer OS images, now it should be there. No other changes, just tried to make sure "eject" utility exists.

2 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Don’t worry about the GPU. You can even ignore it. 12900KF is powerful enough to handle the upsampling job without GPU assist (up to 1024fs by ECv2 modulators). Relax and enjoy music.😁

My 12900ks can not do what it used to play just fine(1024DSD/DSD5EC/Sinc-L) after installed the new build. Not sure what happed! 

@Miska

What does the message below mean?

HQPlayer login: traps: hqplayerd(3031) general protection fault ip:xxx sp:xxx error: 0 in hqplayerd(5612ecxxx)

The music stops, but can be restarted. It doesn't matter if via Roon or HQPClient.

Occurs since version HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.32.5. Nothing can be found in the log.

SD(V)3100HV: USB Audio (hw:CARD=SDV3100HV,DEV=0) ...
+ 2022/09/12 16:29:27 NAA output connect to [xxx]:43210 [ipv6]

11 hours ago, El Guapo said:

Don’t worry about the GPU. You can even ignore it. 12900KF is powerful enough to handle the upsampling job without GPU assist (up to 1024fs by ECv2 modulators). Relax and enjoy music.😁

It will take some load off the CPU, and maybe even allow the use of filters that require more power...

No electron left behind.

4 hours ago, musicbuff said:

@El GuapoThanks, that's a relief!

Do it anyway, it will take load off the CPU and may allow you to use filters that require more processing power.

Go here:  https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

enter the correct info into the selection boxes and download the "Studio Driver"

But, I am not 100% sure, so I will ask @Miska if that is correct.

No electron left behind.

@ AudoDoctor, I played tracks @ 48K 512 using "poly sinc" with no problems. But if I choose to off load onto the GPU how do I go about it? Is it more to it than just checking the GPU offload box? You mentioned earlier, "CUDA is the software that runs on the Nvidia GPU. Do you have the CUDA software?" How would I know? I just assumed if a computer came with an upscale GPU, it would come with the software to fully utilize it already working.

59 minutes ago, musicbuff said:

@ AudoDoctor, I played tracks @ 48K 512 using "poly sinc" with no problems. But if I choose to off load onto the GPU how do I go about it? Is it more to it than just checking the GPU offload box? You mentioned earlier, "CUDA is the software that runs on the Nvidia GPU. Do you have the CUDA software?" How would I know? I just assumed if a computer came with an upscale GPU, it would come with the software to fully utilize it already working.

Just keep doing what you're doing.

No electron left behind.