IGNORED

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded

ted_b

7 hours ago, musicbuff said:

If anyone is willing I'd still appreciate info on how to change the HQPlayer Desktop 3 Windows key conversion *txt. file to *hml. Because this isn't working for me. https://www.signalyst.com/convert-key.html

Key conversion form was online for couple of years. And it was eventually taken offline when support for HQPlayer v3 ended in June 2020.

Generally I don't answer personal license support requests on forums. These should be handled over email. Most of the time I don't know who is behind a forum nick name.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 2:08 PM, Ozzie said:

Just fired it up with the latest HQP OS and working great at 384k LNS15. Gonna push it now. 5% CPU util.

I have it running with ASMD7 at DSD256 right now. I wasn't able to get any of the *EC filters to work--it starts hiccuping. I am good with it. Great for having such a tiny Pi-sized box that can do what it does for now. 

I never have figured out how play playlists in HQPe, although I have no problem doing that with the desktop version.

I keep m3u8 playlists in a separate subfolder in my drive mount.  When I scan the library, it appears they are imported. My client, HQPDControl, lists the playlists under the “playlists” tab even though their subfolder doesn’t show in the Dirs list like the other mount subfolders where I keep music files.

When I tap on any of the playlists’ “add playlist and play” menu item, HQPDControl says the playlist is queued, but nothing happens.  No track shows as playing and no queue displays.  (With HQP desktop, the playlist loads and plays when selected this way.). See the screenshot, which shows that a playlist has loaded into the queue.

I have tried loading playlists manually in the HQPe interface library tab by typing “/smb” or “/smb/HQPlayer playlists” into the “load/save/delete “ dialogue area and then clicking on “load.”  That usually either produces a “fail” error message or causes nothing at all to happen.

I am sure there must be a simple solution to this problem.  What can I do to enable playlist playback?

8ED8BB64-7C42-4E18-88F1-7DCF910CC1AC.png

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

12 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

I never have figured out how play playlists in HQPe, although I have no problem doing that with the desktop version.

I keep m3u8 playlists in a separate subfolder in my drive mount.  When I scan the library, it appears they are imported. My client, HQPDControl, lists the playlists under the “playlists” tab even though their subfolder doesn’t show in the Dirs list like the other mount subfolders where I keep music files.

Paths to the files on the playlist likely point to a different folder root structure than what is seen by your HQPlayer Embedded machine. This means HQPlayer cannot find the files at specified directory path.

18 minutes ago, Miska said:

Paths to the files on the playlist likely point to a different folder root structure than what is seen by your HQPlayer Embedded machine. This means HQPlayer cannot find the files at specified directory path.

This is a screenshot of the file structure of the mounted drive.  How can I get HQPe to recognize the circled directory, which is where the m3u8 files are located?

CDDF3669-D1A1-4561-BACA-65A813C33D0D.jpeg

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

2 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

This is a screenshot of the file structure of the mounted drive.  How can I get HQPe to recognize the circled directory, which is where the m3u8 files are located?

Playlist file contains list of file references to the tracks. Open your m3u8 playlist file in Notepad and consider the file references listed there from HQPlayer Embedded's perspective. Do those match with the file system view the HQPlayer Embedded machine has?

Easiest way is to create your playlists straight in HQPlayer Embedded, instead of importing those from somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Easiest way is to create your playlists straight in HQPlayer Embedded, instead of importing those from somewhere else.

I assume this is done by using the client?

Ive been using hqplayer for a while now and I’ve just installed a new cpu.

Together with this I’ve performed a clean install of ubuntu 22.04 and hqplayer embedded (hqplayerd_4.32.5-143avx2_amd64). At the moment just using the generic kernel (5.15.0-52-generic). 

I think I’ve got all my settings ok…. hqplayerd service is active, but when I try to play music from roon I’m getting a message I haven’t seen before “Discovery request did not have a valid MX header” (see attached image) and no music plays.

I’ve checked the hqplayer log and there are no errors or anything weird that I can see… 

I’ve also attached a pic of my settings in case I’ve missed something….

Any help is appreciated…

C66935F0-D96A-48BB-8D93-71E13F59E258.jpeg

3047AF87-49AB-4F46-8B10-540B62DB79E8.png

HQPlayer 4 Embedded 4.33.0 released!
Control API improvements. Support any picture as cover if specific one is not found. Support for favorites in library. Number of bug fixes. Performance optimizations and new tuning option. FLAC update to support higher sample rates and up to 32-bit word length. CUDA update to support new GPU generation. HQPlayer OS update and optional dynamic hostname service.

@Miska That's a lot, thank you very much for the new features. 👍

Where can read the tuning options? Can now edit the favorites of Qobus in the HQPClient?

6 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Where can read the tuning options?

readme.txt has you covered.  But the new parameter is "nblocks" in the "engine" element. Current dynamic value should be fine though, so you shouldn't need to adjust much. If you set any value there, it will override the default dynamic one. Good starting point range is 4..8. Primary driver for the value is amount of CPU cache. If you use GPU offload, you may also want to keep it fairly high.

6 hours ago, StreamFidelity said:

Can now edit the favorites of Qobus in the HQPClient?

You will need to wait for new version of Client. But HQPlayer Embedded now supports favorites for the local library with upcoming Client version.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:11 PM, stefano_mbp said:

Try for first to simplify your configuration , connect the dac directly to the pc with usb, if it works try using the NAA 

@stefano_mbp thanks for your help….. in The end not sure what it was…. I reinstalled os for both NAA & server with latest hqp versions. All seems well now…. Though I still get that weird message.

I'm very much enjoying the new 4.33.0 release (HQP OS avx2 version on a Ryzen 7 5800X without GPU). 

Evidently because of the "performance optimizations" and "HQP OS update", I'm able to use some filters that were just out of reach before. I've done quite a bit of experimentation, so it's hard to know if this release inherently sounds better or if it's due to the new (to me) filter and modulator combos I'm using. But either way, the new release has improved my sound yet again when I was already very happy with it.

Thanks Jussi.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i

I wanted try embedded on a rpi4 in order to have a low powered, low noise solution. I am thinking about power costs here in the UK where I am. I have a rpi4 with 4gb in a Argon M.2 case which has active cooling. I am only thinking of PCM and not DSD.

I think these are still the instructions https://www.signalyst.com/embedded-install.html?. I see Ubuntu has been updated since, so can I use Ubuntu Server 22.04.1 LTS (64-bit)?

Are there any instructions to install from the command line?

Thanks for any help.