IGNORED

Group Test: USB gadgets (AQ Jitterbug, Uptone Regen, iFi iUSB3.0, iPurifier, iPurifier2, UPDATE on p.15…)

The most significant results have always been from properly managed the ground. That alone was better than the devices I tried.

After that, it was about bringing clean energy to the system. With that, I got more quality sound but most important, consistency. Even when a paper shredder is in operation, my system is happy.

That is just about getting the equipment to work as it was designed to work in optimal conditions.

They are just the basics.

And they took away the USB noise issues I was having.

And now also I have the peace of mind that my equipment is working as it was designed to work.

No more strange or unexpected glitches on my computers.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&q=dell+optiplex+sine+wave

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2017 at 7:41 AM, SSun said:

The most significant results have always been from properly managed the ground. That alone was better than the devices I tried.

After that, it was about bringing clean energy to the system. With that, I got more quality sound but most important, consistency. Even when a paper shredder is in operation, my system is happy.

That is just about getting the equipment to work as it was designed to work in optimal conditions.

And now also I have the peace of mind that my equipment is working as it was designed to work.

I found the new iGalvanic3.0 really help with USB grounding issue, it really took the system up a few notches. 

Digital Sources: Optimised HP TouchSmart PC/CEC TL-1X CD Player/AMR DP-777 DAC/Theta Digital DS Pro Basic II (old)

Analogue Sources:Koetsu Jade Platinum MC Cartridge/Tri-Planar arm/Kuzma Stabi Reference turntable/AMR PH-77 Phono Stage

Amplifiers:The Gryphon Elektra Preamplifier/Convergent Audio Technology JL2 Signature Mk 2 Stereo Amplifier

Speakers:Kharma Grand Ceramique Midi[br]Cables:Nordost Valhalla (interconnect and speaker cables)/Shunyata Research power Snakes power cables

Portable: Sony PHA-1/PHA-2; Dragonfly 1.0/1.2; Meridian Explorer, Director; iFi nano iDSD, micro iDAC, micro iDSD; Geek Out; Hdta Serenade DSD

On 11/21/2017 at 3:41 PM, SSun said:

Can you clarify a bit more....

What did you specifically do that provided most significant results..., and what usb devices did you try that you are referring to?

15 hours ago, DM said:

I found the new iGalvanic3.0 really help with USB grounding issue, it really took the system up a few notches. 

That's good to know it worked for you. Grounding is VERY important indeed.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 2:36 PM, smodtactical said:

Can igalvanic 3.0 be included in this list ? Thought on it?

Can any setup rival a network player? like sotm  sms 200 ultra

Network players work work with our products complementary and some of our friends use SOtM's platforms with i.e. galvanic isolators and report good results.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see this topic has gone on for quite some time, thought I might throw in use of this device which I am waiting to get.

iFi Audio iDefender3.0 USB Ground Loop Eliminator

This has a micro usb plug in for an external power supply and bypasses the computer USB power.

I just got my first dac and have been using it with my CD player and its digital out over RCA.

Had to change to a linear power supply for the dac to get better sound and found that the typical common switched supply added edgeness to the sound and lost clarity of instruments/voice. With the linear power supply in place dac has bettered my CD player internal dac in sound quality. So thought I can now add a computer.

This dac, like most, will draw power from USB if USB is plugged in. Plugged in the computer via usb (pangea usb cable and generic) to the dac and played a few digital tracks that I had ripped lossless from my CDs and the sound was back to sounding edgy with loss of clarity on instruments. Was worse than the switching power supply. Tried the generic and pangea cables but both were horrible for this added edginess and loss of clarity.

So, I found the IFI Audio iDefender3.0 USB Ground Loop Eliminator and will report on it once I have it in my system and am able to use it with my linear power supply.

13 hours ago, xyzzy1 said:

So, I found the IFI Audio iDefender3.0 USB Ground Loop Eliminator and will report on it once I have it in my system and am able to use it with my linear power supply.

We look forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey all, been following this thread for awhile as I've been thinking of adding computer digital to my audio system. I'm a long time audiophile and see a few posts from others at the same stage, shout out! I pulled the trigger and purchased a Pro-ject Dac box s2+. Cant see spending more at this time on a computer dac while large improvements continue to be released every few months on all levels of dacs. Been messing around with connecting the dac to my macbook and got a few things to share.

On cable differences I quickly went to this device 'iFi Audio iDefender3.0 USB Ground Loop Eliminator' because it seemed to me the first act is to eliminate noise from the computer power feeding into the dac. This adapter has a micro usb input which, if plugged in, interrupts the power from the computer and supplies it from your external supply. Using a plugged in external power supply made a huge difference, easy to go back and forth to compare what I heard (plug then unplug). The sound of the music reproduction having an edgy glare was significantly reduced when using the external power supply. I tried a switching power supply and a linear power supply. The linear power supply was superior with further glare and noise reduction. Could hear more into soundstage.

My next step was a *doh* realization that I am using an older macbook and have an optical out. Switched over to optical out and it is far superior to usb. This is how I have the hook now.

So if you have an optical out this would seem to be the way to remove computer electrical noise from getting into your dac. If you don't have the optical out as an option recommend using the 'iFi Audio iDefender3.0 USB Ground Loop Eliminator' with a linear power supply.

This thread is incredible. So I hope it will contain more devices. I did not have seen the new ISO Regen (follower of the USB Regen). I try to find out your opinion related to ISO Regen vs iUSB3.0. My problem is: I still need to use the PC as one of the sources for Chord Qutest and I need to improve the USB input signal quality. What I use now is the ISO Regen powered by a normal "switching" power supply. Question is: ISO Regen + LPS or iUSB3.0. And also JCAT Femto would be interesting to add. Many thanks for all the work.