IGNORED

Article: Best of the Year - Perla Audio

Thanks for the nice words. I hope to have internal shots of the amps soon, as well as a Manufacturers Comment section. Shane, Ron and company are getting them to me.

Another real plus is that the amps idle at less than 5 watts, so I leave them on 24/7. They don't heat up much, which is a good thing for overall stability and longevity, but sometimes here in the Upper Midwest a little thermal music listening can be nice. :)

Jason, although I warned you about my technical aspects in the review, and recommended you visit their site, here goes:

The Righello monoblock amplifier uses a push/pull output and driver stages and single-ended input voltage gain. Two volts peak to peak for full output. This amplifier is a "0" negative feedback design. It delivers 100 watts into 8 ohms and 200 watts into 4 ohms. The design has no capacitors in the signal path and has a power supply capacitance of over 178k μf of high-quality electrolytic capacitors & 40 polypropylene capacitors. This amplifier is fully 'PI' filtered in its AC and DC filters for ultra-low noise. It also uses 2 quantum noise filters in the DC supplies, with a 4x bridge rectifier quadrupling the diodes in the bridges to lower the impedance and they use ultra-low noise schottky diodes. This efficient design consumes < 5 watts of power at standby. They use 4 toroidal power transformers in parallel to lower the impedance. This unit uses 2 high-quality military grade power relay switch with silver contacts. The Righello has a special output feature that can be used for either sub-out or auxiliary out. The custom made chassis is CNC machined from solid billet aluminum with an attractive & stealthy black anodized finish. Every component is hand soldered to their custom made 3.35mm thick 2oz copper 24k gold-plated PCB boards using Cardas Audio ultra-pure quad eutectic solder containing a proprietary blend of silver, copper, tin & lead.

Jason, although I warned you about my technical aspects in the review, and recommended you visit their site, here goes:

The Righello monoblock amplifier uses a push/pull output and driver stages and single-ended input voltage gain. Two volts peak to peak for full output. This amplifier is a "0" negative feedback design. It delivers 100 watts into 8 ohms and 200 watts into 4 ohms. The design has no capacitors in the signal path and has a power supply capacitance of over 178k μf of high-quality electrolytic capacitors & 40 polypropylene capacitors. This amplifier is fully 'PI' filtered in its AC and DC filters for ultra-low noise. It also uses 2 quantum noise filters in the DC supplies, with a 4x bridge rectifier quadrupling the diodes in the bridges to lower the impedance and they use ultra-low noise schottky diodes. This efficient design consumes < 5 watts of power at standby. They use 4 toroidal power transformers in parallel to lower the impedance. This unit uses 2 high-quality military grade power relay switch with silver contacts. The Righello has a special output feature that can be used for either sub-out or auxiliary out. The custom made chassis is CNC machined from solid billet aluminum with an attractive & stealthy black anodized finish. Every component is hand soldered to their custom made 3.35mm thick 2oz copper 24k gold-plated PCB boards using Cardas Audio ultra-pure quad eutectic solder containing a proprietary blend of silver, copper, tin & lead.

haha. I went there and saw that too but was hoping for more. It's all good and glad you're happy with them and doing well personally. That's the most important!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Thanks for the great review Ted. As another SP Tech Revelation owner, I worry about whether these have enough power to show the SP Techs at their best? (an aside for those unfamiliar with these speakers: they are VERY power hungry and respond to BIG POWER more than any other speaker I have had).

Have you paired the Righello with whatever SP Tech speakers you still have on hand?

Roscoeii, I have not but will when I get back from travels that will take me through the 18th. I have Continuums, which are just as difficult to drive as the Revs. Stay tuned. My guess is they will drive them just fine.

Hmmmmm..I'm in the market for a new integrated amp. The Sig 50 just may fit the bill. My concern is the recommended minimum sensitivity of 90db. My speakers are 86db. I wonder if it matters since I don't listen at high volume.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hmmmmm..I'm in the market for a new integrated amp. The Sig 50 just may fit the bill. My concern is the recommended minimum sensitivity of 90db. My speakers are 86db. I wonder if it matters since I don't listen at high volume.

I have already discussed with Shane at Perla Audio, and they will be removing the 90db minimum...it was an oops. The Signature 50 is 100W/ch into 8 ohms. This should be no problem for an 86dB speaker, especially if you don't head-bang!

Mike

Audio Archon