IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

Thank you. Now I understand "The World According to crenca"

The thing you have to recognize is you are talking to me and I know much more about me, and what I do, than you do.

This may be a difficult thing for you to accept based on your online "persona" but when the real person behind "crenca" walks away from the computer, I trust you recognize your fiction gets left behind.

This post right here is why plissken is right - your deep deep in the pit of denial. You "shoot the messenger" (as you did here). Your protected for now, in that your advertisers still have an upside with your site, but that does not change the fact that you are fundamentally anti-consumer and that forums such as this one are real, viable alternatives to what you serve up. In any case, you asked so I told you. Don't ask if you don't want the truth...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

This post right here is why plissken is right - your deep deep in the pit of denial. You "shoot the messenger" (as you did here). Your protected for now, in that your advertisers still have an upside with your site, but that does not change the fact that you are fundamentally anti-consumer and that forums such as this one are real, viable alternatives to what you serve up. In any case, you asked so I told you. Don't ask if you don't want the truth...

How do you substantiate this, um, blather?

plissken?

You?

Please.

Everything ML says makes a lot more sense if you assume he's talking about himself, as narcissists are wont to do.

Yes - we met at RMAF before Darko's panel. I recall we continued to discuss the Door's "Riders On The Storm" and the recorded rain at the beginning of the track. You thought that the recorded rain was a keyboard. This 'conversation' began on the Stereophile website in the comments:

MQA: Questions and Answers | Stereophile.com

I remember this so clearly because it struck me as odd that you would bring this up 2 months after the original exchange.

In any event, it was nice meeting you, albeit rather briefly.

Question for you: what relevance does the picture on the TEN website have to me?

Michael,

I’m glad that you are back on the thread. The rain on “Riders On The Storm” is simply a providence issue. There should be two rain sounds on the song one a special effects record and one a keyboard. On both the hi-res and MQA versions there is only one rain sound. In my view this is using the best available source and not a “master”. I’m okay with the best available source if you disclose it but don’t call it master. Similarly Micky Hart’s remix of the Grateful Dead’s American Beauty is the best available source but not the original master. That is long gone.

I told Steven Stone, John Atkinson and you at RMAF that there was no master of “Riders”. I had exchanges about MQA with you guys and it is only fair to tell you first then let the providence discussion spread.

I enjoyed meeting you as well but at a show you are working so I didn’t want to take up much of your time. And I had my own agenda of things started at T.H.E. Show to continue working on.

The relevance of the TEN website is twofold. First some people won’t stop ranting about DRM. I want this discussion to focus on Utimco encryption. The picture is a cat toy. Here go play with this and stop ranting. Second I’m a car guy so I’m in the prime demo of TEN. I don’t think very many people would disagree the TEN Brand Street Rodder is in the bag of advertisers. If you want I’ll tell what think TEN Brand Audiosteam would look like if it was a showcase for advertisers.

Take care

Michael,

I’m glad that you are back on the thread. The rain on “Riders On The Storm” is simply a providence issue. There should be two rain sounds on the song one a special effects record and one a keyboard. On both the hi-res and MQA versions there is only one rain sound. In my view this is using the best available source and not a “master”. I’m okay with the best available source if you disclose it but don’t call it master. Similarly Micky Hart’s remix of the Grateful Dead’s American Beauty is the best available source but not the original master. That is long gone.

I told Steven Stone, John Atkinson and you at RMAF that there was no master of “Riders”. I had exchanges about MQA with you guys and it is only fair to tell you first then let the providence discussion spread.

I enjoyed meeting you as well but at a show you are working so I didn’t want to take up much of your time. And I had my own agenda of things started at T.H.E. Show to continue working on.

The relevance of the TEN website is twofold. First some people won’t stop ranting about DRM. I want this discussion to focus on Utimco encryption. The picture is a cat toy. Here go play with this and stop ranting. Second I’m a car guy so I’m in the prime demo of TEN. I don’t think very many people would disagree the TEN Brand Street Rodder is in the bag of advertisers. If you want I’ll tell what think TEN Brand Audiosteam would look like if it was a showcase for advertisers.

Take care

I was glad earlier when we were having a discussion.

Then some wise guy taped that "Kick Me" sign to my back again ;-)

The truth.. according to the leader of the Paranoid Pack. [emoji1]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I want this discussion to focus on Utimco encryption.

Rt66indrock,

Perhaps you have already clarified it (point me to the post) but I am no clear as to your view of what the Utimco encryption means. In our opening post you say that Utimico believes DRM is DRM (naturally, they are in the business of providing technical implementations of DRM), but I get the sense you are hedging - that MQA is not DRM even though the Utimoco encryption is embedded in it. What is your view?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

Well, I am not your survey/marketing dept. You would have to spend some time here and other forums that are relatively free of onerous censoring/banning ;) If you and/or your publication were to survey the "regulars" around here (say, all those with 100 or 200 + posts and who are clearly "audiophiles") you would find that most only read your publications to be informed of the existence of new gear (i.e. they don't really "read" it), largely ignore the details of your reviews, and have a large and substantial distrust of your work and methods. You would find your approval ratings to be below congress!

This seems largely anecdotal based on your own experience, including your own biases. Michael has articulated his often-subjective perspective over the years. John Darko has as well. Also look at how Chris Connaker evaluates gear--- subjective listening is an important part of all of their approaches --not with DBT, and over a good stretch of time. Tyll Hertsens is very interested in objective test and measurement, but in the end subjective listening is very important for him as well, and he cannot always explain differences btw test results and subjective listening. He holds the 2 in tension. Michael does not regularly ignore the technical side of things in his reviews, and digs in to try understand and explain these. Certainly not to everyone's satisfaction how unusual is that?), but he is very clear about his preference for subjectivity. I'm ok with that. I think there may be many others here at CA that are ok with it as well. Obviously there are plenty who are not and plenty of audiophiles who are not. That's fine and strong disagreement is fine with me. But I wish we could stick to the issues rather than making the personalities the issue. I just don't think that will be productive. Just my opinion.

Rt66indrock,

Perhaps you have already clarified it (point me to the post) but I am no clear as to your view of what the Utimco encryption means. In our opening post you say that Utimico believes DRM is DRM (naturally, they are in the business of providing technical implementations of DRM), but I get the sense you are hedging - that MQA is not DRM even though the Utimoco encryption is embedded in it. What is your view?

To go one step further: Does the mere presence of cryptographic functions guarantee the presence of DRM?

You and I apparently have different definitions of the word "answer". And, with due respect, your pro-Lavorgna bias is blindingly apparent.

Then please read back to his answers to my and - I think - Crenca's questions.

Whether you agree with him is an entirely different topic and no reason for a personal attack.

I don't have a pro-Lavorgna bias at all. But I do like his stance towards personal attacks founded on unfounded assumptions.

I don't have to agree with you to be able to respect you. And I do if your arguments make sense. I've seen many examples by you that fall into that category.

To the above I would like to counter that your anti-Lavorgna bias is blindingly apparent too.

Now back to MQA: tell us what you think, please! [emoji4]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Computer Audiophile mobile app