IGNORED

MQA is Vaporware

1 hour ago, kumakuma said:

Fortunately you can easily convert any lossless PCM format to any other with no loss in quality.

That is fortunate. But if we kept it in flac, we don't need to convert.

Just checking the software on my computer at the moment, the following does not support ALAC: Audacity, Sound Forge, MAAT DR Meter offline. I remember trying out some DAW software (e.g. FL Studio) as well as DJ software (e.g. TRAKTOR) and no support for ALAC.

mQa is dead!

37 minutes ago, lucretius said:

That is fortunate. But if we kept it in flac, we don't need to convert.

Just checking the software on my computer at the moment, the following does not support ALAC: Audacity, Sound Forge, MAAT DR Meter offline. I remember trying out some DAW software (e.g. FL Studio) as well as DJ software (e.g. TRAKTOR) and no support for ALAC.

Steinberg (creators of ASIO) software, e.g. Cubase, WavLab Pro and WaveLab elements, does not support ALAC. 

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, FredericV said:

When argumentum ad verecundiam has become a religion ...

Many responded the HB video did not debunk the claims of  @GoldenOne / GoldenSound, instead he admitted he is guessing.

afbeelding.thumb.png.94e848f04e4f2fec3ab0a4970f0c0059.png

He did not even question mQa's answer, or try to peer review it ... just make the BT reply sticky.

"There the answers to my quests are given with great detail."  The response contained so many vagueries that Hans could pretend that it was the answer to any question raised.  Apparently, "great detail" = great vagueness.  Maybe Bob could use his secret facilities (apparently not available to others) to help deblur some of those images from the Hubble telescope. Come on* Bob, impress me.

mQa is dead!

1 hour ago, Currawong said:

I think that this can't be overstated enough. They claim to determine the ADC used by the contents of the track and process accordingly, but how? If they actually did this, surely they'd either have a white paper on it, or, like Rob Watts does, when asked about how his D/A designs work, can provide solid answers.  Instead, from BS, we get get vague answers and technobabble arguments with holes you can drive a truck through. That says to me that the whole idea that they can determine what ADC was used from the music is not true.

Where there's gibberish, there's bs and religion. Alternatively, bs by any other name is still bs.

mQa is dead!

5 hours ago, ARQuint said:

but I believe you miscalculated with that seminar, giving it a misleading title and then being surprised when the MQA people anticipated what you were up to and (after waiting 10 minutes to see if they were wrong) launched an attack that definitely threw you offyour game. It was a fiasco, and the fact is, you were at least partially to blame.

So here is the problem with both you and mQa.  You both see this as some sort of flame war, and maybe the one with the biggest dick wins.  Why can't mQa ltd simply supply honest information about mQa? And honestly answer some questions?  Even if I disagreed with the info they presented, I'd nonetheless have a lot more respect for them than I do now. Instead, what we get is gibberish like the last response to GoldenOne as well as the various Bob talks.  These are so vague and watered down they're almost offensive. Surely BS can deliver better information?

Even BS realizes that mQa has limitations -- hence the existence of secret white glove procedures/processes -- and yet BS has never explained/admitted mQa's limitations.

mQa is dead!

13 minutes ago, LarryMagoo said:

BS initials are perfect for the man and his quest....it's a shame after reading John Atkinson for 3 or 4 decades, that he cannot come clean instead backing all the crap!

It seems @John_Atkinson is trying not to burn his bridges -- he wants to maintain an "in" with mQa ltd (and BS) should that ever prove useful in the future.

mQa is dead!

54 minutes ago, John_Atkinson said:

As I was a contractor for these recording projects and don't own the copyright, I am not free to share the files.

49 minutes ago, StephenJK said:

Fair enough.  Thanks for answering, that does make sense.

Even if JA could share I'm not sure what that would reveal.  The white glove treatment these recordings received is not representative of a random mQa album found on Tidal.

mQa is dead!