IGNORED

Software Burn-in

Nuclear reactor burn-in.

River electric plant turbine or solar panel burn-in. I think we've just taken it to another level! :)

How about our ears burn-in? Don't they get better with time? Isn't your critical listening (SQ) ability getting better with age and a regular 'training'.? I'm slightly afraid I will be able to hear ants marching when I'm 80! ;)

This may be stepping too far astray but I do believe truly antiquated forms of storing music hold more and do it better than a floppy. Oddly enough they were very well made and did get better with age and tuning.

Then again there were some odd steps.

X7NAwgt.gif

Edit: I'd almost forgotten about this.

Ya, but they also got Bush Jr. elected. So I have to take a point or two away from them for that.

I know it might be a slightly controversial topic, but many of us reap the benefits from software burn-in, and after a few 100 hours or so, the veils come off, the soundstage opens up, the clouds part and the angels begin to sing.

When you upgrade to a new version of the software, do you have to start the burn-in procedure all over again, or is there a memory effect that persists in your USB cable (or whatever)?

I wouldn't worry about it. Software can't make a difference in sound quality. Unless it's broken. Just do a clean reinstallation of your OS and start over.

I know it might be a slightly controversial topic, but many of us reap the benefits from software burn-in, and after a few 100 hours or so, the veils come off, the soundstage opens up, the clouds part and the angels begin to sing.

When you upgrade to a new version of the software, do you have to start the burn-in procedure all over again, or is there a memory effect that persists in your USB cable (or whatever)?

I think that you are concerned about the wrong issue. You really should worry about the software burning out from excessive use.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron