IGNORED

Software Burn-in

I know it might be a slightly controversial topic, but many of us reap the benefits from software burn-in, and after a few 100 hours or so, the veils come off, the soundstage opens up, the clouds part and the angels begin to sing.

When you upgrade to a new version of the software, do you have to start the burn-in procedure all over again, or is there a memory effect that persists in your USB cable (or whatever)?

Are Golden Retrievers subjects to burn-in process.? I had lots of problems with my (RIP too) cat and her passion for jumping onto my loudspeakers. She needed some burn-in period before she stopped doing it. I think that threats of putting her into a microvawe oven for doing it made the burn-in process quicker..

Carpets in the listening rooms need a burn-in too. After a month or two they change their sound reflective-absorbing properties completely. But I think that's obvious for evey CA member..

Are Golden Retrievers subjects to burn-in process.? I had lots of problems with my (RIP too) cat and her passion for jumping onto my loudspeakers. She needed some burn-in period before she stopped doing it. I think that threats of putting her into a microvawe oven for doing it made the burn-in process quicker..

sfr.jpg

"My owner had hundreds of LP records stored on low bookcases, and I enjoyed using their spines as a scratching post. Now that he's gone all digital, I'm SOL."

Much like dogs, always seek a golden sample. Boutique software personally harvested from the mother server by the company director with his lead coder overseeing the transfer to a secure media that will be hand delivered. Hand delivered like a glass of water direct from the the private well of Lynda and Stewart Resnick on the grounds of estate in Fiji.

Burn in should be minimal and gratuitous to observe.

LOLOLOL,

Our cats have destroyed all of our vinyl covers in that exact manner!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31236[/ATTACH]

"My owner had hundreds of LP records stored on low bookcases, and I enjoyed using their spines as a scratching post. Now that he's gone all digital, I'm SOL."

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

This may be stepping too far astray but I do believe truly antiquated forms of storing music hold more and do it better than a floppy. Oddly enough they were very well made and did get better with age and tuning.

Then again there were some odd steps.

X7NAwgt.gif

Edit: I'd almost forgotten about this.

That oddly reminds me of the hanging chads in south Fla during the 2000 presidential election in the US.

The Truth Is Out There

I tried burning in my vinyl, but it melted...

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)