IGNORED

Audirvana Plus 2.6

jtm

Audirvana 2.6.4 take advantage of a four core mac or is minimal side to side with a dual core computer?

In other words A+ use more than two cores if I play music without process it?

Only play the file as is and the DAC change to the correct sample rate according the track.

Sent from my iPad using Computer Audiophile

Not english native speaking, but not easy to understand you lol

I don't know about how many cores A+ handle, but if you are not upsampling, meaning just play the files as they are... like 44.1 as 44.1 or 192 as 192, you don't need a super fast MAC or even fast MAC to play with A+... OS 10.9, 2gb or RAM, 4gb preferred, you should not having problems.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Is it possible to add 'Artist' back to the 'Show View Options' pull-down menu? My collection is all over the place now since this option mysteriously disappeared in 2.6.2 onwards. I do not wish to sort by 'Album Artist'.

27" iMac Retina 32 GB RAM / iTunes / Audirvana / Chord Mojo / Revox A77 mk.4 / Garrard 301 SME 309 / Naim Nac 12 & Nap 160 / Quad 34 & 606 / Mission M72 speakers.

Is it possible to add 'Artist' back to the 'Show View Options' pull-down menu? My collection is all over the place now since this option mysteriously disappeared in 2.6.2 onwards. I do not wish to sort by 'Album Artist'.

Artist was present in previous versions only as the album artist information may be missing from files metadata.

Audirvana Plus 2.6 now computes automatically the album artist(s) when the metadata is missing by taking the one from the album tracks if 75%+ of its tracks share the same.

Unless you have only compilation albums, this does the missing metadata filling work for you.

That's why there is no more the track artist sort criteria in albums view.

One thing you may want to do is to clear the sort criteria list in View Options, and add the sort criteria again. In some rare cases there can be an issue migrating the artists sort criteria to album artist. And the result is a wrongly sorted view.

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

One thing you may want to do is to clear the sort criteria list in View Options, and add the sort criteria again. In some rare cases there can be an issue migrating the artists sort criteria to album artist. And the result is a wrongly sorted view.

Damien: just tried the above too and... "Bob Dylan" is still sorted, and scattered, among "Various Artists" albums

(and it's not the only Album Artist mis-sorted, as I'm reporting since v2.6.0)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

I'll need some more details on this album, or maybe better if you could send me your AudirvanaPlusDatabase.sqlite file by email (or file transfer service).

MBP 15"/Mac Mini, Audirvana Plus, Audioquest Diamond USB, AMR DP-777, exD DSD DAC (for DSD), Pioneer N-70AE, Audioquest Niagara balanced/Viard Audio Design Silver HD, Accuphase E-560, Cabasse Sumatra MT420

not just one album: all of Bob Dylan (and other artist's) albums are mis-sorted since 2.6

I'll upload the sqlite thing on my Dropbox and send you a link by PM

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Artist was present in previous versions only as the album artist information may be missing from files metadata.

Audirvana Plus 2.6 now computes automatically the album artist(s) when the metadata is missing by taking the one from the album tracks if 75%+ of its tracks share the same.

Unless you have only compilation albums, this does the missing metadata filling work for you.

That's why there is no more the track artist sort criteria in albums view.

Thanks for your reply Damien.

I tried all the above with no luck. I then tried version 2.5.4 (that had the Artist field) and all was displayed exactly how I wanted it.

I then tried 2.6.2 again, clearing all sort fields again. Then I selected Genre as the first. Fine. Album Artist as the second. Fine. Then Year, and that's where things got disorganised. It seems like the Year field is causing the trouble, and perhaps 'jumping the queue' in importance when with the 'old' Audirvana, it displayed with Genre / Artist / Year perfectly, and in that order of sorting.

For the time being, I'll stick with version 2.5.4.

John

27" iMac Retina 32 GB RAM / iTunes / Audirvana / Chord Mojo / Revox A77 mk.4 / Garrard 301 SME 309 / Naim Nac 12 & Nap 160 / Quad 34 & 606 / Mission M72 speakers.

Thanks for your reply Damien.

For the time being, I'll stick with version 2.5.4.

John

Same here: Stuck with 2.5.4 because of new Artists management in 2.6. Artist (Interpret) shows up in 2.6 in the column browser but it does not show up in track list view. This is not logic for me.

I wish that A+ just could show up the tags information how it is saved in the tracks tags, nothing more. Otherwise, I guess it will never be compatible with other library systems, no? Am I missing something?

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

not just one album: all of Bob Dylan (and other artist's) albums are mis-sorted since 2.6

I'll upload the sqlite thing on my Dropbox and send you a link by PM

Just checked your library. The issue is that the artist "Bob Dylan" has "Various Artists" as Sort Name.

Changed the sort name to "Bob Dylan" (or better "Dylan Bob") and they are displayed at the right place.

Such issue may come from another software that had written wrong sort names tags.

The handling of the sort names for the artists, track and album titles is a new feature of the 2.6.

The Artists List (command of the View menu) is there to edit the artists names, and their sort name.

BTW, you may want to split the names with multiple artists into several artists, using the artists list feature of the 2.6

I then tried 2.6.2 again, clearing all sort fields again. Then I selected Genre as the first. Fine. Album Artist as the second. Fine. Then Year, and that's where things got disorganised. It seems like the Year field is causing the trouble, and perhaps 'jumping the queue' in importance when with the 'old' Audirvana, it displayed with Genre / Artist / Year perfectly, and in that order of sorting.

Can you try with 2.6.4, and elaborate on this issue? Can you send me screenshots by email?

Same here: Stuck with 2.5.4 because of new Artists management in 2.6. Artist (Interpret) shows up in 2.6 in the column browser but it does not show up in track list view. This is not logic for me.

I wish that A+ just could show up the tags information how it is saved in the tracks tags, nothing more. Otherwise, I guess it will never be compatible with other library systems, no? Am I missing something?

Secondary click on the tracks list header row, and select Artist. This shows the Artist column.

Just checked your library. The issue is that the artist "Bob Dylan" has "Various Artists" as Sort Name.

Changed the sort name to "Bob Dylan" (or better "Dylan Bob") and they are displayed at the right place.

Such issue may come from another software that had written wrong sort names tags.

The handling of the sort names for the artists, track and album titles is a new feature of the 2.6.

The Artists List (command of the View menu) is there to edit the artists names, and their sort name.

BTW, you may want to split the names with multiple artists into several artists, using the artists list feature of the 2.6

thank you Damien

though... no idea how this could happen: I *always*, *maniacally* tag *myself*, *by hand* using Yate all my files and I *never* use/fill the "Sort Artist" tag :|

btw... Neil Young is among "J" artists so... no "Various Artists" mis/auto-tagging

oh, and, btw 2... all is fine on my iPad

thinking about this all... *please* add a tab in "Preferences" with a list of tags Audirvana should use/ignore depending on user preference ;)

headphones system:

thank you Damien

though... no idea how this could happen: I *always*, *maniacally* tag *myself*, *by hand* using Yate all my files and I *never* use the "Sort Artist" tag :|

btw... Neil Young is among "J" artists so... no "Various Artists" mis/auto-tagging

oh, and, btw 2... all is fine on my iPad

thinking about this all... *please* add a tab in "Preferences" with a list of tags Audirvana should use/ignore depending on user preference ;)

Same story for Neil Young:

Capture d’écran 2017-01-19 à 21.43.47.png

As you use Yate, you can make a batch processing with it to remove all sort names for artists. That may be faster.

Secondary click on the tracks list header row, and select Artist. This shows the Artist column.

I am sorry to say: No, this shows a grouping of my tags SOLOIST and ARTIST, not the tag ARTIST alone. Am I realy missing something? My tracks are very well tagged with Tagger App YATE.

MacMini 2018 OS 10.14 | XLD | Yate | iTunes 10.7 | Audirvana 3.5.50 | RME ADI-2 DAC fs | Bryston BHA-1 | Hifiman Arya

As you use Yate, you can make a batch processing with it to remove all sort names for artists. That may be faster.

was editing my post while you wrote the above so... let me repost my edit: *please*, Damien, add a tab in "Preferences" with a list of tags, each one with a checkbox beside, for Audirvana to use/ignore according to user preference ;)

I'm sure this will save a lot of hassle also to yourself too :P

headphones system:

I'm checking, using Yate, all my albums and finding that... *all* of them now have the "Sort Artist" tag populated :o

(thankfully, for all those I checked so far, "Sort Artist" and "Album Artist" have the same value)

though... I *never*, *ever* filled that tag! *NEVER*!

and the only two apps that have "touched" my music files are Roon (which doesn't write anything if not just in its own database) and... Audirvana!

headphones system:

done!

- run a Yate batch action on *all* my music collection set to "Clear *all* "Sort" tags"

- let A+ rescan all synched folders

- cleared then re-added View's sort criteria and...

Dylan_1.jpg

whilst among "Various Artists"...

Dylan_2.jpg

(the above is just a small part of what is in-between Various Artists!)

:|

headphones system:

done!

- run a Yate batch action on *all* my music collection set to "Clear *all* "Sort" tags"

- let A+ rescan all synched folders

- cleared then re-added View's sort criteria and...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32620[/ATTACH]

whilst among "Various Artists"...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32621[/ATTACH]

(the above is just a small part of what is in-between Various Artists!)

:|

Forgot to tell you the sort name is not reloaded if the artist is already in the database. So either you make a whole new sync, or you change the artists sort name in Audirvana Plus.

The wrong "Various artists" sort name must have come from somewhere, and Audirvana Plus doesn't write anything to the files metadata unless there is an explicit action from the user (in the tracks/albums metadata, or in the artists list). So it must come from the other software that must then write to the files in addition to its database...

I am sorry to say: No, this shows a grouping of my tags SOLOIST and ARTIST, not the tag ARTIST alone. Am I realy missing something? My tracks are very well tagged with Tagger App YATE.

The soloist is an artist. That's why it appears in the artists list.

D. > Spotify And Spotify Connect. KBOOM. Integrate that! Thanks W

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

a basic super-newbie question - i'm registered to Tidal, but I can't access Tidal music from Audirvana. I have an empty screen - Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 10.01.35.png

i've read the manuals and searched everywhere but can't find the "Sources" pane.

Thanks for your help, and sorry if it was asked before.

Silent PC > AO > TQ Black USB > Hegel HD11 > Vovox Textura > Hegel H100 > Vovox Vocalis > MS Mezzo 6