IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - The Operating System

On 7/7/2017 at 11:39 PM, sockpit said:

Hi Jesus,

has qobuz responded to your query about hooking into their "connect" feature?  A number of us responded very positively to the prospect.  Their app is really much better than kazoo or lumin and it's content (curation, information) keeps getting better.  

No response from them at all.

3 hours ago, vortecjr said:

No response from them at all.

Thank you for trying.  I looked around and found this: http://www.qobuz.com/GB-en/info/Hi-Fi/Bancs-d-essai/Hi-Res-Apple-Qobuz179217

Towards the end, they provide an email address, [email protected], especially for manufacturers.  We'd appreciate it if you kept at them :)  

Here's the general info: http://www.qobuz.com/es-en/applications#app-mobile

You'll no doubt be able to guess how this might work with sonicorbiter (or not).  It's all French to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

I'm new to this Forum.  I have successfully been using my microRendu for several months.  I access my music from an iMac over an Ethernet network using iPeng on a iPad using the the SqueezeLite app.  I recently ordered and carefully installed the new mR OS version 2.5 memory stick, following the video directions offered online.  Since then my system and iPad have been completely unable to discover the mR unit.  I'm fairly computer, network and audio savvy, but despite 10+ hours of troubleshooting I am unable to find the problem.  I even installed the most recent version of LMS (Logitech Media Server) on my iMac.  I powered down and reinstalled the version 2.5 memory stick. I have power cycled the mR and checked my iPeng, LMS and router settings repeatedly, but no joy is to be had.

Help.

Thank you for any guidance.

16 minutes ago, davew002 said:

Hi:

I'm new to this Forum.  I have successfully been using my microRendu for several months.  I access my music from an iMac over an Ethernet network using iPeng on a iPad using the the SqueezeLite app.  I recently ordered and carefully installed the new mR OS version 2.5 memory stick, following the video directions offered online.  Since then my system and iPad have been completely unable to discover the mR unit.  I'm fairly computer, network and audio savvy, but despite 10+ hours of troubleshooting I am unable to find the problem.  I even installed the most recent version of LMS (Logitech Media Server) on my iMac.  I powered down and reinstalled the version 2.5 memory stick. I have power cycled the mR and checked my iPeng, LMS and router settings repeatedly, but no joy is to be had.

Help.

You haven't contacted Small Green directly?  It does seem like you can get help here though...

Hi:

P.S.  I mistakenly misspoke.  The Sonicorbiter App DOES "see" the mR and show its IP address, and it allows me to Restart the Server and Reboot.  However,  in the Soniorbiter app, when I select the "Apps" tab and then correctly click on the "Audio App Switcher" icon the resulting screen shows "SqueezeLite" at the top of the list, and it is marked "STOPPED" in red letters.  If I double click on it there's a pause and then a box saying "Server Started" appears, but the "Squeezelite" box still reads "STOPPED".  Ivan find no workaround.

Help.

Thanks.

Hi:

Help.

PS.  I mistakenly misspoke earlier in my post.   The Sonicorbiter App DOES "see" the mR and show its IP address, and it allows me to Restart the Server and Reboot.  However,  in the Soniorbiter app, when I select the "Apps" tab and then correctly click on the "Audio App Switcher" icon the resulting screen shows "SqueezeLite" at the top of the list, and it is marked "STOPPED" in red letters.  If I double click on it there's a pause and then a box saying "Server Started" appears, but the "Squeezelite" box still reads "STOPPED".  I can find no workaround.

Help.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, davew002 said:

Hi:

Help.

Are the lights all on yet nobody's at home on the microRendu (bad code preventing the memory card from running)? Or maybe the card isn't electrically connected to the bus (does it light up at all once you power up the microRendu?). And see if the cable or where its plugged in the switch is the same and hasn't somehow been broken.  If you are seeing lights and after a minute they stay on, then that suggests the microRendu is booting, running and has likely gotten an IP address from your DHCP server.  Use an app on your iPad like Fing to see if the microRendu is showing up (next to it would be the vendor label of SolidRun and you can ping it and see its service via the app.

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

To continue my earlier question, after your kind response, I do NOT see my DAC on the Apps/DAC Diagnostic page.  I am feeding my mR USB output through a Small Green Computer AUDIOPHILE USB TO SPDIF CONVERTER and then via a digital coax cable to my Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro.  This setup worked prior to switching to version 2.5 recently.  And I can Ping my mR successfully and it appears in the Sonicorbiter app in the right places.  I found a page item to add a "Custom DAC", but I was unsuccessful trying that.  Suggestions?

Thanks! 

after reading some of the thread I still don't get why you don't make a downloadable image file of 2.5 available for us. the argument of a $20 fee for the latest firmware on an already purchased $600 piece of hardware aside. it just feels so wrong to send a digital file through the snail mail and pollute our planet with wasted SD cards and exhaust gasses. you guys may make good sounding streamers but this sucks. disappointed!

3 hours ago, davew002 said:

To continue my earlier question, after your kind response, I do NOT see my DAC on the Apps/DAC Diagnostic page.  I am feeding my mR USB output through a Small Green Computer AUDIOPHILE USB TO SPDIF CONVERTER and then via a digital coax cable to my Marantz AV8802a Pre/Pro.  This setup worked prior to switching to version 2.5 recently.  And I can Ping my mR successfully and it appears in the Sonicorbiter app in the right places.  I found a page item to add a "Custom DAC", but I was unsuccessful trying that.  Suggestions?

Thanks! 

If you don't see the DAC, or likely anything, listed on the Apps/DAC Diagnostic page, that indicates that the microRendu and your DAC are not in "sync".  I've had this happen numerous times in the past.  I wish I knew which one needs to "see" the other before they communicate properly.  I would try powering off the DAC and powering it up and then seeing if the microRendu page gets updated.  There may be something in the DAC that thinks all is well, even though a change has occurred.  Probably the DAC keeps status info about the attached device (USB in this instance) in some cache or buffer or ???  And by power off, I mean to pull the power and not simply use the remote, since that won't clear things that remain in memory. Some DACs might even need a good 15-30 seconds to "clear". 

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

3 hours ago, AudioExplorations said:

after reading some of the thread I still don't get why you don't make a downloadable image file of 2.5 available for us. the argument of a $20 fee for the latest firmware on an already purchased $600 piece of hardware aside. it just feels so wrong to send a digital file through the snail mail and pollute our planet with wasted SD cards and exhaust gasses. you guys may make good sounding streamers but this sucks. disappointed!

Sending the SD card is the easiest way to make sure people get it right. This is a whole new image, the file would be HUGE. There are still a lot of people in the world for whom downloading such a file would be almost impossible.

Then they need to have both the software and hardware to burn the image on the SD card. Again there are a fair number of people that are not setup for this.

Then there is the SD card itself, it has been found that many SD card types out there simply do not work. A lot of work went  into finding just the right SD card that is highly reliable and fast. Unfortunately there are lots of fake cards of this type out "in the wild" if someone were to buy one of these and load the file onto it, it would not work.

Sending out the card guarantees they are the right cards, with the image properly loaded.

John S.

10 hours ago, davew002 said:

Thanks! 

Okay...the unit needs to see your USB device no matter if it's a DAC or digital converter. Do not use the Custom DAC section. Please delete any settings in that section and press Save.   

10 hours ago, AudioExplorations said:

You can cheat the system and buy the 1.4 hardware update and if you combine it with the Sonicorbiter 2.5 hardware update you save 10 bucks. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a SonicOrbiter which I am considering a gateway drug to an Ultra Rendu attached to my Kef LS50 wireless via USB.

It sounds great and much better than my Apple TV even with a iFi SPDIF purifier.

I have to manually switch the Kef to usb on the speakers to use the SonicOrbiter then back to optical to use the Kefs attached to my TV.

Anyway whenever I switch back to USB the SoncOrbiter is not seen in Roon until I restart it by rebooting. Restarting just the Roon app on SonicOrbiter doesn't do it.

Any thoughts?  I'm guessing the issue is somewhere on the Kef end.

Some USB devices behave this way on Linux. The unit needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the unit sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the unit and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.  

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Some USB devices behave this way on Linux. The unit needs to sees your DAC before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the unit sees yours DAC go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the DAC is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your DAC is still not listed try power cycling the DAC followed by power cycling the unit and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics.  

Thanks.  In this case the DAC is inside the speaker.  I turned the speaker on and selected USB and Ron didn't see it.  I refreshed the DAC and there it was in Roon :-)  Quicker and easier than full reboot.