IGNORED

Hot days inside and outside

Running tubes inside on a hot day? Oh yes, my AC is not working either but that is not stopping me from enjoying some music, 109 is just the case.

d2c38a1af1555a2256aa8efe5336cd16.jpg263f80a0757bdda1594165570ac858f3.jpg

---------------------------

WD 1TB —> MacMini —> Ayre QB-9 DSD —> PrimaLuna DL5 —> Monitor Audio S10

109.8! Jesus. Of course that's just the temperature over your tube amps, right? I.E. with an infrared laser thermometer? It isn't really that hot inside your house, I hope! I live in the Nevada desert and it's only 84 outside here today (going to 93 tomorrow). Thank the Fates for central air conditioning and solid-state Krell amplification!

P.S. What kind of amp is that? I don't recognize it from the picture (or your avatar).

George

Primaluna Dialouge Five. Second floor of the home is about 90F that's where the amp is and the main floor it's about 80F. Wednesday is the earliest I can get AC techs to come out

---------------------------

WD 1TB —> MacMini —> Ayre QB-9 DSD —> PrimaLuna DL5 —> Monitor Audio S10

Primaluna Dialouge Five. Second floor of the home is about 90F that's where the amp is and the main floor it's about 80F. Wednesday is the earliest I can get AC techs to come out

I feel for you! There's nothing worse than sitting in a stifling hot house without aircon. I love music. but I couldn't enjoy it under those circumstances. And yes tube gear does get hot in the summer, and make the summer hotter. For years I had a pair of VTL 140 monoblocks; each with SIX 807 output tubes. Talk about hot in the summer!

VTL140.jpg

George

I do understand. I had a pair of Audio Mirror mono blocks based around 2 6C33C tubes per channel that used to raise the temperature in my entire upstairs 10 degrees in the WINTER! Granted, it saved me some money on heating then, but they were unusable in the late spring through early fall.

JC

I think I would find another HVAC repairman. If you live on the north side of Austin, Covenant AC in Liberty Hill is great.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

What a bunch of babies. 115 in Tucson today. But it is a dry heat! Cronus Mag was on all day. Hot day, but good music.

It's 93 degrees here in Sparks, NV (Reno area) right now but it too is dry heat (we're in the desert). Unfortunately, our OP is in Austin Texas, where the heat is NOT dry. He didn't post the humidity, so I can't say for sure, but I'd be willing to bet that it's anything but dry! I grew up in Northern Virginia, near Washington DC on the Potomac River, and I know miserable, hot, humid, summers(100°/100%)! So I remember and feel our Austin Friend's discomfort!

George