IGNORED

SOtM smS-200 unveiled at Munich Hi-End

On 1/13/2024 at 9:17 PM, WAM said:

I am using a SOtM sMS-200ultra Neo in my headfi-set up (MacBook Pro, SOtM, Mutec MC3, Morpheus, Audirvana and JRiver). Last week during a listening session, the music stopped. Reboot did not help. Eunhasu is not visible anymore in Safari, the SOtM does not show up in Audirvana (but the Samba share shows up in Finder). I have tried a new image (also on a new sd-cart). But that does not solve the problem. Someone an idea what is wrong?

Have you tried the latest firmware and the kernel version? 

1 hour ago, WAM said:

I have done all the updates. But I cannot start Eunhasu, so I cannot check te versions.

if you can't access Eunhasu web gui, should check hardware connection is okay first. and try installing the image file to the new micro sd card again, please be noted that some unzip program can't unzip completely, please try using other unzip program.

Hello May,

Thanks for your help! As far as I can see, is the hardware connection fine.

I have installed the image file again on the new micro sd card. I have used dd-Utility (as the manual recommends).

But still no Eunhasu web gui.

20 hours ago, WAM said:

I have done all the updates. But I cannot start Eunhasu, so I cannot check te versions.

It may be that the TCP/IP address for conection to the SMS-200 has changed.  This used to happen to me after updates sometimes however I fixed the address on my router and no longer have problems.  You can search your network connections using your router setup page and check if you have the correct TCP/IP address for the SMS-200.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening,

My dealer checked my SOtM for me, and told me it works fine. I have managed to get the Eunhasu interface back. So far so good.

But it still does nog work like it used to: SOtM -> Mutec MC3 -> DAC. If I remove de Mutec, it works fine. With the Mutec in the set up, I get the message: '... paused, release audio output...' The Mutec an sich is not the problem: I have tested with another Mutec, same result. Both my Mutecs work fine in our speaker set up (Aries -> Mutec MC3 -> DAC). 

Someone an idea what is wrong or what I am doin wrong?

WAM

On 1/27/2024 at 9:16 PM, WAM said:

Good evening,

My dealer checked my SOtM for me, and told me it works fine. I have managed to get the Eunhasu interface back. So far so good.

But it still does nog work like it used to: SOtM -> Mutec MC3 -> DAC. If I remove de Mutec, it works fine. With the Mutec in the set up, I get the message: '... paused, release audio output...' The Mutec an sich is not the problem: I have tested with another Mutec, same result. Both my Mutecs work fine in our speaker set up (Aries -> Mutec MC3 -> DAC). 

Someone an idea what is wrong or what I am doin wrong?

WAM

I have stopped trying… now listening to our speaker set now. Used the headfi-rig yesterday without the Mutec, oops… dull sound.

Next week another effort (nieuwe ronde, nieuwe prijzen 😈).

But I am very curious what is (not) happening. 

7 hours ago, Mahler and Bach on Computer said:

I meant to uninstalled MDP/DLNA at eunhasu interphsse, then reinstall it, likely the newer version.  I am assuming you are using MPD/DLNA to connect JRiver on your computer with SotM.  

Are you meaning a MPD update between two eunhasu release?

I use sMS200 as upnp endpoint with Minimserver and Lumïn app, no more JRiver, but I use it as a NAA (with HQP embedded as a UPNP renderer) and Squeezelite (with Daphile server) endpoint too

Stefano

My audio system

• 4 weeks later...

I have been using Sotm-SmS200 in conjunction with HQPlayer for several years now.  Recently, HQPlayer5desktop requires computer to be online.  Given the security consideration, I installed VPN service provided by SurfShark.  However I noticed that if SurfShark was installed on a computr, even without being operated, smS200 becomes invisible to HQPlayer.  Anyone ran into the same experience?  How to overcome this hurdle.

thank you very much!