IGNORED

Another new USB regenerator: Lightspeed Revive

From their product page: http://lightharmonic.com/revive/

Q2: What is the difference between LightSpeed Revive and ToneUpAudio Regen?

A2: As with our LightSpeed 10G cables, we believe that in order to properly generate and transmit the USB signal and maximize signal integrity, you need ...

Anybody notice the back handed reference to the Regen?

The audio industry needs to be more mature about these things.

Custom Win10 Server | Mutec MC-3+ USB | Lampizator Amber | Job INT | ATC SCM20PSL + JL Audio E-Sub e110

From their product page: LightSpeed Revive

Anybody notice the back handed reference to the Regen?

The audio industry needs to be more mature about these things.

Hm - not seeing anything "back handed", just an explanation as to why they think their product is better.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I think Nikhil was referring to them calling it the "ToneUpAudio Regen" instead of by the proper company's name - UpTone Audio.

Given they named AudioQuest Jitterbug properly in the previous paragraph, I'm pretty sure that's just a mistake ;)

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

The USB input is a "C" input. What will I do with my $300 USB with a "B" end on it? That's a killer for me.

That's pretty much a killer for everybody, I have only one device with USB C, my Nexus smartphone.

And yes it does not connect to my PC or any other device… Not really an issue for me as I don't store movies and music on it, and just about the only thing I need to get off of it are photographs.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

The USB input is a "C" input. What will I do with my $300 USB with a "B" end on it? That's a killer for me.

I think they are including an adapter. However, I think you guys are right...it's not going to help those with legacy USB B cables. It's an A-C adapter.

Perhaps LH Labs thinks USB C a better interface/connector...maybe they think it be the future instead of USB B...maybe they just want to capitalize on selling a new cable to buyers of this product. Even if they are technically on the right side of the equation with USB C being superior/the future, it seems like a risk in the short term.

BTW, has anyone had experience with the LH Dacs? I saw the DAC at CES that won the "Best of CES" award, but didn't hear it. Those awards are pretty meaningless. Nevertheless, I'm keeping an open mind until I hear it myself or get reports from trusted sources.

All these Regen copycat products and the related threads they are spawning are quite fascinating. I'm not a fan of W4S, but even they have one now too.

For those of you that dont know LH LAbs used crowdfunding to design and develop their products- lets say the campaigns have been a huge roller coaster over 2 years old- while most of their products were delivered some people in Europe are still waiting- they had some intitial quality control issues but they been getting better. Still my recommendation is to wait until they have them ready to ship.

Like previous features list, Light Harmonic are good on the gabfest and little on substance. Where's the power to drive this? I don't think 10G is good enough, I want at least 50G. Just BS.

I wouldn't give Light Harmonic the time of day TBH.

+1

After my 18 month Pulse DAC (sent back to fix a volume issue that's not fixed and a meh headphone amp), my 'are you kidding me' $159 retail ($30 crowdfunding) VERB embarrassment IEMs and the 'I'm still waiting for my maybe in 2016' (almost 18 months) Wave DAP, I'm done with LH Labs. Great in chumming the waters, but not so much in delivering the Shark. Tread carefully

I don't think I will swap my Shunyada Venom USB for the stock USB they will be supplying.

Wouldn't you just use it on the output side? Or does everyone who buys one of these 2 or 3 hundred dollar clockers use $400 of cable on each side? I'm not being snarky, I don't think any of them make any difference...but I'll fork over the cash to see for fun. I've tried the Schitt Wyrd and Regen and can't hear any difference.

Wouldn't you just use it on the output side? Or does everyone who buys one of these 2 or 3 hundred dollar clockers use $400 of cable on each side? I'm not being snarky, I don't think any of them make any difference...but I'll fork over the cash to see for fun. I've tried the Schitt Wyrd and Regen and can't hear any difference.

I've owned my Venom USB for awhile now. It's my main connection between my PC and DAC. I own it because I liked how it sounds in my system. To put a $2.00 USB in the chain isn't going to happen.

If you don't hear a difference with these products you have been blessed.

John Withem

Proprietor

JW Audio.

http://www.jwaudio.net/default.html

Not all of us do. I got a regen for free and use the cables it came with. If I were so inclined to replace the short USB cable I'm using with something else it would be a USB 2.0 cable built to spec. Probably Belkin. If the cable is built that way then the performance level should be within acceptable fault tolerance levels of the spec. I can't expect more than that from a cable that's only job is to carry voltages. I don't know if I can hear a difference with or without the regen. I put the DAC and regen into my system at the same time and have had it that way since Christmas. I haven't bothered to remove it to see if it sounds different.

If I am anything, I am a music lover and a pragmatist.