IGNORED

Sonore microRendu

It would be great if you could find out whether MSB is setup properly for native DSD on its Quad Rate USB interface.

Thanks.

Why so much concern about DSD with MSB DACs? You do realize that MSB converts DSD to a high rate PCM format for conversion, yes? In this case, it would not make sense to me to be worried about DSD 256 or 512 playback, as those rates are really only useful for those oversampling to them (HQPlayer), and if you are running an MSB DAC, I would expect the best sound quality sending it PCM. I am sure the MSB will do fine with DoP to DSD 128. The only reason to be concerned about Native DSD support is for rates higher than DSD 128. To be sure, there is no drawback to DoP for DSD 64/128.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Why so much concern about DSD with MSB DACs? You do realize that MSB converts DSD to a high rate PCM format for conversion, yes? In this case, it would not make sense to me to be worried about DSD 256 or 512 playback, as those rates are really only useful for those oversampling to them (HQPlayer), and if you are running an MSB DAC, I would expect the best sound quality sending it PCM. I am sure the MSB will do fine with DoP to DSD 128. The only reason to be concerned about Native DSD support is for rates higher than DSD 128. To be sure, there is no drawback to DoP for DSD 64/128.

+1

How much computing power does the computer running this need?

A spec sheet of what is required for this device would be a really good idea.

A computer running what? The µRendu can work with just an ordinary NAS running Minimserver and nothing else.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

How much computing power does the computer running this need?

A spec sheet of what is required for this device would be a really good idea.

Jason, what do you mean? There is no computer running this, other than the microRendu itself. It is a stand-alone ethernet renderer (or NAA), hanging on your LAN, with a state of the art USB output section. A NAS running Minimserver, a smartphone doing the browsing, and a USB DAC is all you need.

Jason, what do you mean? There is no computer running this, other than the microRendu itself. It is a stand-alone ethernet renderer (or NAA), hanging on your LAN, with a state of the art USB output section. A NAS running Minimserver, a smartphone doing the browsing, and a USB DAC is all you need.

I was under the impression that if you wanted to run HQ Player (which I don't) that it needs to run on an external computer. Is that not the case?

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

I was under the impression that if you wanted to run HQ Player (which I don't) that it needs to run on an external computer. Is that not the case?

Yeah, if you want to run HQPlayer then you need a computer on the Network. But that is not necessary to use the µRendu. This would really be a question for an HQPlayer thread. My understanding is that HQPlayer and using it to oversample to high rates requires some real processing power.

SONORE computer audio

Yeah, if you want to run HQPlayer then you need a computer on the Network. But that is not necessary to use the µRendu. This would really be a question for an HQPlayer thread. My understanding is that HQPlayer and using it to oversample to high rates requires some real processing power.

OK, so I'm correct. Thought so. Thanks Barrows!

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Yes, the microRendu can be set up to run as an NAA; that is one of its modes. In that mode then yes you need a computer to run HQP, cuz NAA is just HQP's fifo buffer. But that is not it's main intent, which is to be an ethernet renderer, running UPnP or OpenHome, or running MPD (simple and fast Linux audiophile OS with Apple Remote-like GUI for iphone or iPad). To say "thanks so I was correct" is to completely miss the other three modes of this device, and when you asked the open question how were we to know you meant using it as an NAA? If you read my Playpoint review you'd see that NAA is indeed only one of its modes, too (Playpoint is a "sort of" microRendu for exaSound dacs only).

For HQPlayer the computer is sized for what you'd want to do with it. Upsampling everything to DSD256 (like I do) is an newer i5 or an older i7 (and above). Or a decent Mac Mini. Do to multichannel EQ convolving in DSD takes a bit more (lots); to simply upsample to DSD64 and/or DXD is a smaller i5. Those discussions are in the hundreds of pages of the HQPlayer thread.

OK, so I'm correct. Thought so. Thanks Barrows!

The point of the µRendu is to have the lowest possible processing power, combined with the bets possible USB output, and hence the best sonic performance. This way the device actually in the audio system is of very low noise, resulting in the best sound. One can choose many different ways to use it.

With HQPlayer, Jussi (Miska) has long advocated running the HQPlayer SW on a powerful computer, and then using a "NAA" attached by network, as the device in the audio system, as this approach keeps the noisy computer away from the audio system, while still allowing for the processing power required to run his sophisticated oversampling. The µRendu can be used as a "NAA" with HQPlayer, but that is just one way to take advantage of the µRendu's superior performance.

It is not necessary to use HQPlayer to enjoy the sonic benefits of the µRendu, just ruing it with a NAS/MinimServer will blow away just about any other USB source.

SONORE computer audio

cuz NAA is just HQP's fifo buffer.

Nope, that would be networkaudiodaemon, which itself runs on a NAA, which is the device.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

does it mean that with the uRendu there is no audio difference using roon in NAA mode or HQ player in NAA too or using with a Minimserver ?

There is no Roon in NAA mode. Roon talks to HQP, then HQP talks to NAA (although Yashn will argue that neither actually "talk" at all).

although Yashn will argue that neither actually "talk" at all).

nah, that's fine jargon. :P

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

Seriously pedantic are we??

Just precise: saying the NAA is the FIFO buffer is like saying iTunes is a computer playing music.

Just precise: saying the NAA is the FIFO buffer is like saying iTunes is a computer playing music.

1) Not at all (as an NAA is dedicated to networkaudiodaemon and a DAC driver, if needed)

and

2) what is your point?? You knew what I meant, and I was explaining several things to folks that didn't understand the microRendu modes and what NAA was. We've been through this before. Saying an NAA is an HQP fifo buffer is quite within the CA discussion "spec". Next you'll say I'm not really running HQP on a CAPs server, I;m running it on Windows Server 2012 R2; the CAPS server is the hardware!!!! No offense, but life is too short for this ridiculous argument.

1) Not at all (as an NAA is dedicated to networkaudiodaemon and a DAC driver, if needed)

2) what is your point??

1. Again, no. The FIFO is networkaudiodaemon, the NAA is the device running it.

2. Already replied above: just being precise.

As for the rest of your post, I have no idea what you're rambling about at all.

2. Already replied above: just being precise.

But are you being helpful to those who are having trouble understanding this? That's obviously what Ted is trying to do.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25053[/ATTACH]

it's out today !!

Congrats juanitox... you got me!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

It is not necessary to use HQPlayer to enjoy the sonic benefits of the µRendu, just ruing it with a NAS/MinimServer will blow away just about any other USB source.

Would you say running Minimserver on a NAS, BubbleUPnP on an Android device, and the MicroRendu in UPnP mode would be the purest/simplest configuration possible to play non upsampled PCM? I'm curious as to the simplest implementation of the MicroRendu (without sacrificing SQ) to play PCM and let my DAC's filter to the work.

Would you say running Minimserver on a NAS, BubbleUPnP on an Android device, and the MicroRendu in UPnP mode would be the purest/simplest configuration possible to play non upsampled PCM? I'm curious as to the simplest implementation of the MicroRendu (without sacrificing SQ) to play PCM and let my DAC's filter to the work.

Yep, or MPD using Mpad or Mpod (or, for Android, MPD Client and a few others).