IGNORED

Stream The Beatles Lossless On Tidal

At 12:01 local time December 24, 2015 The Beatles will be available on Tidal!

Link -> TIDAL

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22921[/ATTACH]

Just did and added it to my favorites. Though I think my own library would serve me better, still it's kinda nice to ride the TIDAL HIFI and surf the Beatles. Thank you for the heads up. I just happened to be up past my bedtime and ironically at my iPad Air 2 with the TIDAL HIFI App still engaged having shown the app to a guest.

The Long And Winding Road just got a little longer...

Enjoying the music,

Richard

No comments? I guess everyone must be listening to the Beatles instead. If nothing else, this should suggest greater ongoing viability for Tidal as I assume this was quite a coup for them.

Synology NAS>i7-6700/32GB/NVIDIA QUADRO P4000 Win10>Qobuz+Tidal>Roon>HQPlayer>DSD512> Fiber Switch>Ultrarendu (NAA)>Holo Audio May KTE DAC> Bryston SP3 pre>Levinson No. 432 amps>Magnepan (MG20.1x2, CCR and MMC2x6)

No comments? I guess everyone must be listening to the Beatles instead. If nothing else, this should suggest greater ongoing viability for Tidal as I assume this was quite a coup for them.

You underestimate the power of the Beatles' marketing :). They are simultaneously appearing on the 12 leading streaming services, not just Tidal, with their own contract and conditions. I'd assume they are getting paid more than other bands.

It's not really a big deal for me, because I'm close to a completist for them in my personal library. But still good to see, and I'm sure I'll be glad it's there at some point. I'm am listening right now just for the fun.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

FWIW it's the UK releases only. I didn't expect otherwise but have always preferred the US Rubber Soul.

The Beatlles long ago standardized the catalog around the UK releases. Those are the "real" albums, as they see it.

I'm with you about Rubber Soul. But the advantage of digital audio is that you can make you own playlist to match the tracklist of the US album if that's what you prefer.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

The Beatlles long ago standardized the catalog around the UK releases. Those are the "real" albums, as they see it.

They did ... but then Capitolised on sales by also selling the US releases separately :-)

I assume the TIDAL versions are the Stereo remastered versions?

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

They did ... but then Capitolised on sales by also selling the US releases separately :-)

I assume the TIDAL versions are the Stereo remastered versions?

People who grew up on the US albums tend to prefer them, as they have the running order of songs that they are used to and cues up sort of automatically in their mind when they listen. The UK albums weren't widely available in the US back in the heday of vinyl. Only collector types had them.

Tidal is streaming at least a few of the earliest songs in remastered mono. I think the catalog is the 2009 stereo box, as far as I can tell.

They are. The US versions were released last year and are readily available. I don't believe they were remastered.

http://www.amazon.com/Rubber-Soul-The-U-S-Album/dp/B00GJ7RP2O

Remastered for the re-release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_U.S._Albums

The Beatles' have never been shy about packaging their catalog in order to maximize profit....

For non-Americans, and anyone interested: Rubber Soul Turns 50. I pretty much agree with the prespective of the article, although I'd quibble about calling Nowhere Man ”alienating" and If I Needed Someone "mystical".

The US Rubber Soul became a cohesive sounding "The Beatles play folk Rock" album and was hugely influential in the US because of it. The number of musicians who later became famous and said "Rubber Soul" (as they heard it in the US) influenced them to become serious rock musicians (some were folkies) isn't small.

As an aside, the second album Capitol put out was an unofficial "compilation" album from the first two Beatles UK albums + non album material to make something called "The Beatles Second Album" (so called because the "Please Please Me" album wasn't originally released on Capitol) and is sort of a "The Beatles Play Rock and Roll" compilation. Maybe not what the Beatles intended, but also a very enjoyable listen.

That all ended when the Beatles signed a new contract at the end 1967 and quite intentionally inserted a clause that required their subsequent American albums to be identical to the British ones.

Coleoptera?

Yes, wasn't it Haldane who said even God has an inordinate fondness for The Beatles?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

People who grew up on the US albums tend to prefer them, as they have the running order of songs that they are used to and cues up sort of automatically in their mind when they listen. The UK albums weren't widely available in the US back in the heday of vinyl. Only collector types had them.

Tidal is streaming at least a few of the earliest songs in remastered mono. I think the catalog is the 2009 stereo box, as far as I can tell.

I believe the only mono releases would be B-sides appearing on the Past Masters set. Please Please Me et al appear in full ping pong stereo.

I got an email today from Amazon Prime saying they have the Beatles - I guess free for Prime members. Larry

Analog-VPIClas3,3DArm,LyraSkala+MiyajimaZeromono,Herron VTPH2APhono,2AmpexATR-102+MerrillTridentMaster TapePreamp

Dig Rip-Pyramix,IzotopeRX3Adv,MykerinosCard,PacificMicrosonicsModel2; Dig Play-Lampi Horizon, mch NADAC, Roon-HQPlayer,Oppo105

Electronics-DoshiPre,CJ MET1mchPre,Cary2A3monoamps; Speakers-AvantgardeDuosLR,3SolosC,LR,RR

Other-2x512EngineerMarutaniSymmetrical Power+Cables Music-1.8KR2Rtapes,1.5KCD's,500SACDs,50+TBripped files

I believe the only mono releases would be B-sides appearing on the Past Masters set. Please Please Me et al appear in full ping pong stereo.

Apparently a few songs on the "Red" compilation are in mono.

Which compilation really has no reason to exist these days except perhaps to get those first four tracks in mono.

It exists because people like it and IT SELLS.

I think the version now on sale is a remaster culled from the 2009 set of remasters. It was released in 2010.

Nowhere Man alienating... Then what were Dexter's thoughts about "Run For Your Life?", the type of passion suited to red-blooded American males? ;-)

Btw, I love both versions.

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

...Now that it's all streaming and can be played offline nobody would buy.

I have a question. How can one play music from a streaming service when one is not connected to the internet (offline)?

I must be old fashioned as the idea of streaming music does not appeal to me, I prefer to purchase music instead, either as physical formats or as downloads on my hard-drive.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

I have a question. How can one play music from a streaming service when one is not connected to the internet (offline)?

I must be old fashioned as the idea of streaming music does not appeal to me, I prefer to purchase music instead, either as physical formats or as downloads on my hard-drive.

Tracks can be downloaded while connected for offline play. They cannot be legally copied to other devices or ripped to CD (unless of course you purchase the tracks) .