IGNORED

Stream The Beatles Lossless On Tidal

I must be old fashioned as the idea of streaming music does not appeal to me, I prefer to purchase music instead, either as physical formats or as downloads on my hard-drive.

I thought the same thing, but I tried out Tidal about this time last year and now I think it is the best bargain in music. I've listened to more new music in the past year than I ever have in the past. Read about a good album or artist and in minutes giving it a listen. If it is good, save it as a favourite; and I've done that with about 80 albums. If it's not, well, then I haven't wasted $15 or so dollars on it. Quality is on par with my ripped cds. Can save albums on my iphone and play them through the stereo in the car or on the iphone when walking the dog. There is always the risk of Tidal disappearing, but for now, I'm loving it.

Tracks can be downloaded while connected for offline play. They cannot be legally copied to other devices or ripped to CD (unless of course you purchase the tracks) .

Thanks.

That brings up a second question, how long do they stay on your hard-drive? If forever and Tidal becomes popular that could IMHO destroy the music business as there would be no motivation to purchase recordings, as you stated in post 21.

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Thanks.

That brings up a second question, how long do they stay on your hard-drive? If forever and Tidal becomes popular that could IMHO destroy the music business as there would be no motivation to purchase recordings, as you stated in post 21.

Little danger of Tidal becoming that popular.. But in any event

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us/articles/201603732-What-is-Offline-Mode-

Not sure if there is a time limit I don't use offline mode but there's no indication of one here.

Thanks.

That brings up a second question, how long do they stay on your hard-drive? If forever and Tidal becomes popular that could IMHO destroy the music business as there would be no motivation to purchase recordings.

I don't think you can save to your computer but you can to the ipad / iphone (presumably android ones as well). You can access them for as long as they are available on Tidal, but you have to login to Tidal every so often (not sure of the frequency) on the device that you have the saved music or else they won't play. You also have to access them through the Tidal app.

Your point about Tidal eliminating the desire to buy albums is a valid one. In my case, I've bought 4 or 5 albums this year but have saved about 80 in my Tidal favourites. No need to buy them since they are literally a couple of clicks away. Of course, if they disappear from Tidal or if Tidal disappears, I'm snookered, but I suspect streaming services are here to stay and others will start offering higher quality streams.

At 12:01 local time December 24, 2015 The Beatles will be available on Tidal!

Link -> TIDAL

Why did you, CC, use the term "lossless" and add to all the confusion? Were the Beatles originally mastered in 16bit/44.1 kHz?

Source: TIDAL HiFi/Masters, Pandora One > iPeng 9.2.1 on iPhone6s/iPad

Great Room: SBT#1 > Cullen Coax > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy cables > Martin Logan (ML) 200Wpc Purity.

SBT#2 >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Garage: SBT3 > Audioquest TOS > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > Martin Logan Motion 12

Carry Anywhere: TIDAL/Pandora >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker.

What confusion?

?? Confusion regarding what constitutes "lossless"? Ok, my bad. I'm confused. I keep confusing lossless with uncompressed. https://xiph.org/flac/

Having read much about MQA and its 'origami' approach to packing data, I assumed all other compression technologies were lossy. So maybe I still don't fully understand MQA. Does the true enhancement begin with mastering in MQA?

Source: TIDAL HiFi/Masters, Pandora One > iPeng 9.2.1 on iPhone6s/iPad

Great Room: SBT#1 > Cullen Coax > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy cables > Martin Logan (ML) 200Wpc Purity.

SBT#2 >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.

Garage: SBT3 > Audioquest TOS > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > Martin Logan Motion 12

Carry Anywhere: TIDAL/Pandora >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker.

?? Confusion regarding what constitutes "lossless"? Ok, my bad. I'm confused. I keep confusing lossless with uncompressed. https://xiph.org/flac/

No worries.

I used the term lossless because Tidal streams exactly what's on the CD releases of The Beatles. The community generally agrees that CD rips or the equivalent are lossless.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png