IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer - Windows 10 Beta Thread (BETA PHASE CLOSED!)

AudioPhil

I received your email Claudia with the link. Thank You very much, I look forward to using the program.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

If im not wrong, u can switch to default in the Shell replacement menu. It should be listed at the last of the selections (bottom of screen). Maybe u can give it a try?

Thanks lamechops.

My machine goes direct to HQPlayer when switched on. When I exit HQPlayer, it is a black screen. I cannot access Windows GUI to run AudiophileOptimizor ServiceTools.

Thanks lamechops.

My machine goes direct to HQPlayer when switched on. When I exit HQPlayer, it is a black screen. I cannot access Windows GUI to run AudiophileOptimizor ServiceTools.

You would need to CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the command prompt. Click on "Task Manager", click on "run" and type cmd and ENTER.

Thereafter, type "-st" & ENTER to open the ServiceTools

& "-ao" to open Audiophile Optimizer

You would need to CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the command prompt. Click on "Task Manager", click on "run" and type cmd and ENTER.

Thereafter, type "-st" & ENTER to open the ServiceTools

& "-ao" to open Audiophile Optimizer

Thanks very much for your clear instruction.

Thanks lamechops.

Hello paulpaul

No worries, we're always here to help. Lamechops was right. Next time you are seeking for help, please also visit the FAQ section of our PDF guide. Most questions (and also this one) are answered in the FAQ.

FAQ.PNG

Best wishes,

Claudia

logo_small.png

Reviews | Setup | PDF Guide | AudiophileOptimizer | Shop

Hello paulpaul

No worries, we're always here to help. Lamechops was right. Next time you are seeking for help, please also visit the FAQ section of our PDF guide. Most questions (and also this one) are answered in the FAQ.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27082[/ATTACH]

Best wishes,

Claudia

Thanks Claudia

Does the Shell Replacement also means less processes being run? I am using HQPlayer + Roon on the same Win10 machine and NAA on the Win10 machine. Is HQPlayer Shell only for the Player? Is there any shell for NAA? I want to trim down the processes running on NAA.

I just think out of the box. If I rename the NAA as HQPLayer and run the shell replacement, will it work?

Hello paupaul

Yes, a shell replacement has different effects. I try to explain in detail. On a windows operating system the "shell" usually is the desktop environment. So everything you can see right after you log on to windows. Replacing the shell means changing the desktop environment to something else (most likely a media player for our usage). This has several positive effects.

1.) Convenience. Right after log on your media player loads automatically. This is very convenient, especially if combined with the "Autologon" feature of ServiceTool. If you combine both you just need to power on your computer audio system, it will boot up, log in automatically and then directly launch the media player.

2.) Since the desktop environment does not get loaded at all, there are also much less processes running. This has a positive effect on sound quality as "side effect".

3.) There can only be one shell replacement.

4.) The HQ Player Shell Replacement is for the player only. NAA might be added in a future version of ServiceTool

5.) Renaming NAA/HQPlayer might work but certainly is no good idea.

Hope that helps,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hello Elescher

ServiceTool does not disable any services, only AO does that upon request. Yes, you always need to run AO again after a reset via ServiceTool to get full optimization again.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello paupaul

Yes, a shell replacement has different effects. I try to explain in detail. On a windows operating system the "shell" usually is the desktop environment. So everything you can see right after you log on to windows. Replacing the shell means changing the desktop environment to something else (most likely a media player for our usage). This has several positive effects.

1.) Convenience. Right after log on your media player loads automatically. This is very convenient, especially if combined with the "Autologon" feature of ServiceTool. If you combine both you just need to power on your computer audio system, it will boot up, log in automatically and then directly launch the media player.

2.) Since the desktop environment does not get loaded at all, there are also much less processes running. This has a positive effect on sound quality as "side effect".

3.) There can only be one shell replacement.

4.) The HQ Player Shell Replacement is for the player only. NAA might be added in a future version of ServiceTool

5.) Renaming NAA/HQPlayer might work but certainly is no good idea.

Hope that helps,

Phil

Hi Phil

Thanks for your clear explanation. I certainly will wait for your trim down on the standalone NAA shell.

BR

paul

Hi Claudia,

I am using AO 1.4 on 2012 server. If I upgrade to 2.0 can I also use it both on 2012 server and on Windows 10 computer? Thanks.

hi

AO 2.00 works on Server 2012, Server 2012 R2 & Windows 10. as usual you can run AO on five different machines as long as they belong to you and are running on one of the above mentioned OS's.

Support for Windows Server 2016 will come with AO 2.10.

Best,

Phil

Need some help Phil. Funny thing happened in the upgrade process from b20 to b21. Based on some Google queries it looks like I lost environment variables. All fine in gui but in min server or core, dos commands seem to be lost. "Cmd", "explorer", etc produce an error. I'm using Fedelizer and Roon in WS2012. Until I installed AO 2.0 I was getting an error that RAAT server failed but that's gone now. Roon and everything else seems to work fine. I can also run RT and AO and net use but not cmd, explore. Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks,

Jim

Hi

yes i've seen this happen a few times (lost path variable). I suggest you copy/paste from a running system, will be fine again then.

Best,

Phil

just to say that this software is horrible for a non geek , you lost almost all of windows access and tweaks , even the stop or restart menu on windows 10 but in the meantime it sounds good in intermediate mode , don't know what the type of sounds or filter setting can do ? the lesson i have learn is that i'm too old for this ..

cheers

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Oh I am very sorry to hear that :(

You know what the truth is? AO was created to make things as easy as possible for the end-user.

The really horrible things are those which are going behind the scenes. You can be very happy you

don't have to deal with them and AO does this for you. that's why it sounds good in the end, even

if you have to sacrifice a few things of windows...

I am not sure if i understand your question about sound signatures and filters right?

Best,

Phil

i don't know how to begin , not to pollute the thread and even i'm also french which it doesn't help.. :)

first : i use roon/tidal/hqp with a usb music content shared on an airport express.

i first install AO xpress setup and i loose the access to the airport , HQP doesn't work and no start menu on windows to get access to something.

second fresh windows 10 install , AO intermediate setting : now i can see my music disk on the airport, and Roon + HQP works fine together .. .. but still not access to the start menu of windows , is it normal ?

second question : what is flavour of the sounds signatures and filter at the install of AO ?

thanks

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker