IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

I would like to ask: if I use Rowland Jeff 525 amplifier as the Brooklyn after the Dynaudio to promote the 25th anniversary bookshelf speakers! Do not know if you think Brooklyn as a result of the previous level is suitable for it? Or need to buy Rowland Jeff before the expansion of the device is more suitable for it?

As an owner of many Dacs over time and I am not a reviewer or sell products of anykind other than my used stuff. I find a few things odd.

The dac list for 2000 usd. As such I would expect the dac to sound very good from its own psu. I can see using a Caps to improve this things and there is almost no dac that does not benefit from this method of source.

But as I read this thread it becomes most here are so willing to buy a psu at half of the cost of the dac itself. And be happy about it. If the posts here are true then my thoughts are how can MyTek care so little about there product.

Oddly I have just sold my MyTek st 192 this week. I never did try a replacement psu but I did use caps and various USB converters. The MyTek improved with all. But not as most post here again yes it become more real less sterile but no increase in clarity as some claim with the Brooklyn with a new 1000 psu. I would like those who have a caps or USB converter and a new psu post what has changed with each upgrade. My thoughts are a caps would yield the same claimed improvements and not an imprudent beyond each one alone. Please do not take this as a dig to owners MyTek it's a great company and is part a big part of the magic we love in makin it.

As an owner of many Dacs over time and I am not a reviewer or sell products of anykind other than my used stuff. I find a few things odd.

The dac list for 2000 usd. As such I would expect the dac to sound very good from its own psu. I can see using a Caps to improve this things and there is almost no dac that does not benefit from this method of source.

But as I read this thread it becomes most here are so willing to buy a psu at half of the cost of the dac itself. And be happy about it. If the posts here are true then my thoughts are how can MyTek care so little about there product.

Oddly I have just sold my MyTek st 192 this week. I never did try a replacement psu but I did use caps and various USB converters. The MyTek improved with all. But not as most post here again yes it become more real less sterile but no increase in clarity as some claim with the Brooklyn with a new 1000 psu. I would like those who have a caps or USB converter and a new psu post what has changed with each upgrade. My thoughts are a caps would yield the same claimed improvements and not an imprudent beyond each one alone. Please do not take this as a dig to owners MyTek it's a great company and is part a big part of the magic we love in makin it.

I've used TeraDak lps for a whie, i found it still had noise. Last couple of days i did some a little experiment ^^.

My audio pc was fed by TeraDak ATX350-500 and TeraDak 5v/3A separately feed to PPA OCXO USB Card.

After i swithched to power usb card with the ATX instead of 5v/3A lps, i found the sound get worse. Noisier, soundstage is shallower and looks like it's collapsed.

After that, i seem to get more concentrate on lps. It's kind of... You can't just throw any lps into the system like " Don't worry, lps is just a lps. They sound the same. " But it't not!

Then i was intetested in HDPLEX, but many feedback from user reviewers mentioned that it still has noise.

So finally i choosed JS-2 for Brooklyn.

I think i can take benefit by powering my usb card from JS-2 and move my old TeraDak 5v to power SSD instead.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

There is no doubt that the SMPS in the Brooklyn is very, very good.

At a time when I had only one good LPS, I found that using this LPS to power my playerPC yielded better sq then using the same to power the Brooklyn. In other words, on balance this config along with the Brooklyn SMPS powering the DAC was the best placement of the high quality LPS.

Once again the old Naim maxim of prioritizing the quality of source components proved true.

Later, a second high quality LPS was obtained, which took the Brooklyn to another level, better dynamics, tighter bass and more clarity.

I could absolutely live with the Brooklyn powered by its internal SMPS. It sounds fantastic. Nevertheless, it seems that in this game that there is no bottom to the SQ improvements that can be gained.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

There is no doubt that the SMPS in the Brooklyn is very, very good.

At a time when I had only one good LPS, I found that using this LPS to power my playerPC yielded better sq then using the same to power the Brooklyn. In other words, on balance this config along with the Brooklyn SMPS powering the DAC was the best placement of the high quality LPS.

Once again the old Naim maxim of prioritizing the quality of source components proved true.

Later, a second high quality LPS was obtained, which took the Brooklyn to another level, better dynamics, tighter bass and more clarity.

I could absolutely live with the Brooklyn powered by its internal SMPS. It sounds fantastic. Nevertheless, it seems that in this game that there is no bottom to the SQ improvements that can be gained.

Yes it should be improved as far as it can go. But i think it should not be over than $3,000 for Brook+LPS. Because whenever it pass $3,000 , i have to look for another DACs in $3,200-4,000 range to compare it to.

But until now, there are no new DAC coming out soon except only T+A DAC8 DSD.

No Vega II, No QB-9 DSD256(512 may be not for sure)

Anybody hear some news about their new DAC in this year?

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

Hi all

Apologies if this has already been covered...I've gone through most of this thread and couldn't find the answer.

I am about to pull the trigger on the Brooklyn. Just wondering if it plays nicely with the Aurender N100H. If anyone has such a setup or has seen it working I would appreciate it.

stedes

Headphone System:

Source: Aurender N100H

DAC/Amp: Mytek Brooklyn / Marantz HD-DAC-1

Headphones: Audeze LCD-2 2016 rev

There is no doubt that the SMPS in the Brooklyn is very, very good..

+1.

It also has a very high quality USB input that negates the need for USB enhancement devices.

I had a Regen and good USB cables upstream of the dac and, tbh, I didn't even bother to check how it compared to without. Lazy, I know :)

One thing I did compare, however, was Singxer F1. Well, the Brooklyn's direct USB input was better overall, being airier and more open sounding.

Whether the 1 metre Stereovox HDXV spdif cable I was using had an adverse effect, I cannot say. It was favourably reviewed when I bought it ten years ago and sounded great back then between transport and dac. Maybe 1.5 meters would have sounded better?

The F-1 did seem to slow down the music (in a good way) and open up the mids nicely but the USB input does that too.

Out of interest. What cables (USB and SPDIF) are my fellow Brooklyn owners using? I'm interested to see how much of a difference spending money makes vs broadcast spec cables like Belden 1964a with Canare phono for the SPDIF

Out of interest. What cables (USB and SPDIF) are my fellow Brooklyn owners using? I'm interested to see how much of a difference spending money makes vs broadcast spec cables like Belden 1964a with Canare phono for the SPDIF

I use a generic Best Buy USB 2.0 cable and a Kimber Select KA1011 SPDIF. I am about to upgrade my USB cable because it is the cause of drops when streaming files from my computer. I am happy with the sound, but the drops are annoying.

I use a Tellurium Q Black.

With my previous DAC (Audiolab 8200CD) it made quite a difference.

Never bothered to test the Brooklyn with a generic cable though.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.-

Groucho Marx

My use of a generic cable was based on cost. Due to my configuration, I have to use a 15ft USB cable from my PC to my Brooklyn DAC, which is in another room. I will be looking to upgrade soon due to streaming dropouts which I suspect are due to the generic cable.

My use of a generic cable was based on cost. Due to my configuration, I have to use a 15ft USB cable from my PC to my Brooklyn DAC, which is in another room. I will be looking to upgrade soon due to streaming dropouts which I suspect are due to the generic cable.

It's the length. Look into the Corning Optical USB cable. Or better yet get a streamer like the microRendu and get it close to your DAC.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

It's the length. Look into the Corning Optical USB cable. Or better yet get a streamer like the microRendu and get it close to your DAC.

My μRendu is supposed to arrive Saturday. I'll be pairing it with a 20cm A-B USB from Curious Cable.

'Curious' as to how it will sound feeding the Brooklyn.

Hi.

How can i change the jumper inside Brooklyn?

After everything set up, it sounded great but kind of distortion like overloaded preamp.

I saw in the manual, they suggested to change jumper to reduce output gain to -6db but it didn't describe how to do that. Just the picture of the jumpers.

Hi.

After everything set up, it sounded great but kind of distortion like overloaded preamp.

I saw in the manual, they suggested to change jumper to reduce output gain to -6db but it didn't describe how to do that. Just the picture of the jumpers.

Ok, so this is same issue as with the 192?

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

Ok, so this is same issue as with the 192?

Yeah... How can do it? Please...

Thank you. Nice cable! I'm really interested in whether the Brooklyn is sensitive to cables. My initial experiment seemed to show otherwise but this is ongoing as I test different cables in general

The manual says all 4 jumpers need to be engaged with the power off to get a cut of 6dB. I do not recall the inside state of my Brooklyn currently but it doesn't look like more than adding or removing the 4 links

I'm so curious why they are not mentioned anything in the manual.

Just one photo and a short description.

Makes me upset so much to listen to its crap distortion sound.

After go back home from the office, i will mail to mytek, how to fix this thing.

V_v

I use a Moon Audio Silver Dragon USB which gives a marginal improvement in the upper register over the stock cable (but I've only just installed it). The immediate change came with moving to a balanced headphone cable. My Foster TH900s are cabled in Silver Dragon with a convertor/extension system which really comes into its own when a new headphone amp/DAC demands a different connector. When I swopped to the new balanced connector mid-song, the difference was remarkable – more presence altogether.

Desktop: SonicTranporter i7, Ubiquiti switch, optical, OpticalRendu, Musician Pegasus, Linear Tube MicroZOTL 3, ZMF Verite Open

Main: SonicTransporter i7, Uniquiti switch, optical, EtherRegen, Lumin U1, Bricasti M3, Naim 252/250, DeVore Gibbon Nines

I am looking into the Micro Rendu. Thank you for your response and the good advice.

Hi.

Mytek started in the pro audio business and by design their DACs are "hotter" than typical DACs resulting in the "overloaded preamp" distorted sound. As a result all of their DACs to date have had the versatility to serve both markets by incorporating the jumper option. Whether anyone needs to do this is system dependent and would suggest trying both configurations. I am guessing that some of the less than stellar comments on the Myteks may be the result of this jumper issue.

A friend and I have owned 4 Mytek DACs; Each of us owned the 192-DSD-DAC and now he has a Brooklyn and I have the Manhattan. I had the distorted sound with both the 192-DSD and Manhattan but this was resolved with great success by adding the jumpers. He, on the other hand, did not have the issue so has kept both of his DACs "unjumped".

If you compare the picture against the actual internals with the cover off, it should be clear what to do with the jumpers.

Another thing to try is somewhat counterintuitive. Mytek suggests that the BYPASS mode of preamp operation (obviously, if used with an external preamp) will provide the best sound quality but a reviewer actually reported significantly better results when using the ANALOG mode set to maximum (100) while using the external preamp to control the volume. Both I and my friend found that operating the DACs this way improved the naturalness of our system's sound quality without sacrificing detail and frequency extension.

As with all things in this audio hobby, YMMV.