IGNORED

Mytek new dac Brooklyn.

Dsd sounds really wonderful now with firmware 2.08.

Actually my budget is around $3,200.

Which my first DAC in list is Brooklyn+Lpsu.

Can it beat other DACS which PS built in? At the same price range? ($3,000-3,200)

Thanks

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

I don't know. But a friend recently bought a Chord Hugo TT ( more than double the price of the Brooklyn) and that sounded better, much better. The soundstage e.g. was just panoramic on several albums.

Do you mean Hugo TT, isn't it? That much better than Brooklyn.

I ever heard like that too. I almost buy it but after read its spec, i ignored it because its DSD converter is Dop.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

--//

Does anyone know, when will Arye QB9 DSD new version be released?

Or Auralic Vega?

Now my another choice is wait for Manhattan II released and i will buy Manhattan I then.

Do you mean Hugo TT, isn't it? That much better than Brooklyn.

I ever heard like that too. I almost buy it but after read its spec, i ignored it because its DSD converter is Dop.

This is most confusing to me...because of a spec you are not enjoying a sound you liked so much...

This is most confusing to me...because of a spec you are not enjoying a sound you liked so much...

Nooo... I never heard it just read it.

I need to amend my words to " I ever read about it too " OK? LOL!!!

I'm not able to get it to load.

Did you manage to download the file with the firmware update? If so you need to know where it is and in the Panel refer to it. First time I got the message it was the wrong file than closed the panel and tried again and bingo!

Robert-Jan

Did you manage to download the file with the firmware update? If so you need to know where it is and in the Panel refer to it. First time I got the message it was the wrong file than closed the panel and tried again and bingo!

I was finally able to update the firmware. Thanks for your help.

Occasionally when I click on 'volume up' on the apple remote (12 o'clock), volume starts going down instead of up. Need to release and click again for it to go higher as it should do. Weird.

@ mumsoft. Regarding your question a few weeks ago, power consumption doubles with the HDPlex 100 watt linear. From 11 watts on its smps -> 22 watts, according to my watt meter. Supposedly others, such as the Qualiaphysic, will be similar?

Hi thread,

I currently have an OPPO HA1. I spent a good deal of time cleaning the internal connectors and it sounded great..

The wife had a bonus so will let me do an upgrade from my meagre savings. Anyone here with experience of both the OPPO- Brooklyn.

I am running a Mr Speakers Ether only and run off a balanced cable.

Always silly asking a thread if I should get a Brooklyn.. .

Any OPPO comparisons would be appreciated.

Or just yes /no or make me feel better about spending money....... I'd sell the OPPO for the External PSU.

Anything you can think of is much appreciated.

You people.. stop making me want things..

Cheers

Dave

@ mumsoft. Regarding your question a few weeks ago, power consumption doubles with the HDPlex 100 watt linear. From 11 watts on its smps -> 22 watts, according to my watt meter. Supposedly others, such as the Qualiaphysic, will be similar?

Thanks! I don't like that, but that's quite personal. So I'm verry happy with the Brooklyn as-is. Err... not quite as-is.

I will go one day to mr. Kamsma with my Brooklyn, to compare it with his Sboostered one. But as I was recently again warned about the bad influence that such a transition imposes on audio equipment, so I hope he will pay me a visit in return, to do the same comparison at my place. We'll see.

And I'm curious how DSD will sound here, compared to the MQA equivalent, as that is possible.

Marc

Thanks! I don't like that, but that's quite personal. So I'm verry happy with the Brooklyn as-is. Err... not quite as-is.

I will go one day to mr. Kamsma with my Brooklyn, to compare it with his Sboostered one. But as I was recently again warned about the bad influence that such a transition imposes on audio equipment, so I hope he will pay me a visit in return, to do the same comparison at my place. We'll see.

And I'm curious how DSD will sound here, compared to the MQA equivalent, as that is possible.

Marc

Finally i go for Brooklyn with JS-2. Just ordered it a minute ago.

So I'm verry happy with the Brooklyn as-is.

It sounds really good with the stock smps, imo. Anyhow, I've returned the Brooklyn back to its owner (my Dad). Going to miss it for sure.

Finally i go for Brooklyn with JS-2. Just ordered it a minute ago.

Well done. It's a super dac and a good headamp too- very dynamic presentation. Give it 150 hours burn in...

An Sbooster was what I was thinking of too accompany a Brooklyn. Not wanting to start an debate but it seems the right level of bang buck and doing some testing at a Belgium supplier was a good marketing ploy showing the 12 to13v supply boosting SQ.

Not sure what Utones super cap supply will cost or if it needs another LPS to drive that.

A dealer in the UK has commissioned a purpose built LPS £800. I know here is more a summit experience from the equipment you own. With the addons I have, IFI, Intona..cables. Now a potential buy of the Brooklyn and Booster. Would I have been best served with a manhattan.. Schitt summit..etal. All worthy of support with good products.

Maybe we justify a purchase of X to wife or self then make smaller additions to makeup the shortfall in the perceived next model/ purchase .

8^)

I suppose I am here to be nudged off the bungie jump... With the thread collective..do it.. do it..do it.. I do not doubt the owners impressions, thoughts...

Not a huge jump from my OPPO Ha1 but a step forward in this crazy hobby, as well as some Polish inspired electronics magic.

A kind nudge here then a bit of self reflection.. introspection...

Any thoughts always welcome and always warranted. ..

Keep smiling

Dave [emoji4]

An Sbooster was what I was thinking of too accompany a Brooklyn. Not wanting to start an debate but it seems the right level of bang buck and doing some testing at a Belgium supplier was a good marketing ploy showing the 12 to13v supply boosting SQ.

Not sure what Utones super cap supply will cost or if it needs another LPS to drive that.

A dealer in the UK has commissioned a purpose built LPS £800. I know here is more a summit experience from the equipment you own. With the addons I have, IFI, Intona..cables. Now a potential buy of the Brooklyn and Booster. Would I have been best served with a manhattan.. Schitt summit..etal. All worthy of support with good products.

Maybe we justify a purchase of X to wife or self then make smaller additions to makeup the shortfall in the perceived next model/ purchase .

8^)

I suppose I am here to be nudged off the bungie jump... With the thread collective..do it.. do it..do it.. I do not doubt the owners impressions, thoughts...

Not a huge jump from my OPPO Ha1 but a step forward in this crazy hobby, as well as some Polish inspired electronics magic.

A kind nudge here then a bit of self reflection.. introspection...

Any thoughts always welcome and always warranted. ..

Keep smiling

Dave [emoji4]

Actually sbooster is one in my list (along with Paul Hynes PR3 and Qualia physic 712SV.)

I read an article from s booster website about this thing (13.2v is better than 12v and the maximum current required is only around 2v) and also from hifistatement. An article refered to one of brooklyn design team who commented that brooklyn need max current 3A.

This made me confused for a while. But finally i think i should follow to brooklyn manual, 12v/4-6A which is saftier for me.

No possible... Paul hynes SR5 too expansive

Ooops PR3. Sorry

It sounds really good with the stock smps, imo.

My addition: "Err... not quite so" refers to the not technical modification that imho made it much better, also better than any stock Brooklyn with any stock power supply.

But a comparison with such a Brooklyn can verify or falsify that.

Marc