IGNORED

Windows 10 optimization script - A community effort?

edbk

I never said one can't improve his system more by hands than with AO :-) it's just unlikely to happen for a non-computer expert.

Don't think what you can see about AO's features in the guide is all it does with your setup. What you can see in the Guide is only what AO also lets decide about, nothing more. But most of its code and tweaks won't ask you anything, you can't see them and they're not listed anywhere.

Maybe i just got it all wrong because i am not a native speaker, but your posting sounded like "my system sounds better manually tweaked than using AO to do so". But as it turned out, you never used AO so you have no personal experience with AO.

We offer a trial of AO, by the way :-)

Cheers,

Phil

it doesn't take a computer expert to run a script.

I had similar questions for author of fidelizer, i ended up buying his "compiled script" mainly to save myself the trouble of learning, plus he did seem to try minimally to answer my direct questions, and he did offer a temporary discount to $59. Not sure it will make the sq sound any better than just running the script in post #13 though, and it seems anytime someone asks about what tests they have done that suggest it will sound better than just running the script they run to "it's secret code", but don't offer any sq comparison to a free script....i really don't have time to do heavy comparison testing with different scripts, but decided to buy fidelizer mainly because he took probably 30 minutes of his time to discuss with me, although he never did answer the questions (grin)....

bottom line for me:

1) it doesn't take an expert to run a script

2) there is a script which is available freely

3) there isn't any testing or any testimonials i have seen that suggest running a paid os tweak program (which probably the vast majority of any sq improvements are done by the same commands in the free script) compared to the freely available script.

To be fair to Phil, he does offer a free trial with full AO. It wouldn't take much effort to create another partitioned Windows 10 Pro or Home to try out AO. True, time and effort have to be made, but isn't this hobby about just that.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Funny, I do all three, that is: run the script contained here; run AO and it's associated scripts, and then run my own scripts and manual tweaks. Once done there are 24 processes with HQplayer and Roon server running. It takes 60 seconds post boot to fiddle and then play.

I also use AO's facility to launch HQplayer as shell, which eliminates overhead from Windows explorer at boot.

It does sound awfully good.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Funny, I do all three, that is: run the script contained here; run AO and it's associated scripts, and then run my own scripts and manual tweaks. Once done there are 24 processes with HQplayer and Roon server running. It takes 60 seconds post boot to fiddle and then play.

I also use AO's facility to launch HQplayer as shell, which eliminates overhead from Windows explorer at boot.

It does sound awfully good.

What you don't use fidelizer also (wink)?

How much intense comparison testing have you done by doing just this script in this thread compared to this script and AO? also is it possible you are biased since you presumable bought AO?

I get a total of 23 processes running with JRiver and the optimization in this thread only, along with a few tweaks myself, nothing hard to do. Maybe your just duplicating the optimization??

We shall see. I set up a partition with Windows 10 Pro install for AO. Just waiting on instructions on trial version. All ready to go.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

What you don't use fidelizer also (wink)?

How much intense comparison testing have you done by doing just this script in this thread compared to this script and AO? also is it possible you are biased since you presumable bought AO?

The goal is to reduce the Windows footprint, both on disk and in memory, and to minimize the number of active threads and processes needed to play music. The combination of the scripts defined in this guide, and AO are complementary in this sense and my SQ testing supports this claim.

Could I be biased? Absolutely! But in my one man universe I am very pleased with the sound quality achieved with these techniques.

I have not tried fideliezer(SP?) as it is not clear what it does and there appears to be no trial of the professional versions.

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Just to clarify, AO does not offer a trial version for Windows 10. The trial version, which you still have to purchase with a 14 day money back guarantee, can only be used with Windows Server 12 Evaluation Copy.

What a waste of time. Now I definitely won't be giving AO a try. Ticked off, feel misled giving the benefit of the doubt. You don't come onto a Windows 10 optimization thread and say you offer a trial version of your optimization software without any clarification that it isn't for Windows 10. Lame, shady is all I can think of, not someone I would buy something from. Now I am convinced AO has nothing to offer over our optimization on this thread for Windows 10. Just pie in the sky.

Beerandmusic was correct in post #177 above although I wouldn't waste my time with fidelizer either.

Hi ElviaCaprice

I kindly ask you to stop distributing untrue information.

Just to clarify, since a trial of AO itself is technically not possible at all, we can only offer a special version which is bound to an evaluation version of Windows. This means Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and Windows 10.

This then gets coupled with a 14-day money back guarantee and can be exchanged seamlessly to the full version of AO during these 2 weeks or a refund can be made. The current AO trial is based on version 2.00.

This system might be a bit complicated, but as said this what is technically possible. It's better than not having a chance for a test ride at all. Aside from that this system worked wonderfully for a few years now and we are very proud to have a trial refund rate of less than 2%.

Best wishes,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

^^^ I don't know if fidelizer offers a refund, but i don't know if it will sound better or not than the free script here, but i won't be sending it back for refund if I don't think it sounds any better than the free script here...the fact that 2% actually asked for a refund i wouldn't consider anything positive. It sounds like 2% actually took the time and effort to determine they could do just as well without it, and if 2% could, then probably the other 98% could too if they wanted to.

Hi ElviaCaprice

I kindly ask you to stop distributing untrue information.

Just to clarify, since a trial of AO itself is technically not possible at all, we can only offer a special version which is bound to an evaluation version of Windows. This means Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2 and Windows 10.

Phil

That is new information that you didn't disclose in the email or follow up on your thread. So as far as I knew, I wasn't distributing untrue information. I like to be forth wright and clear. No misleading.

Here is the email that was sent to me today. All I can say is sloppy on your end to be kind.

Dear Mark

Thank you very much for your email and your interest in the AudiophileOptimizer.

Unfortunately a software like the AudiophileOptimizer cannot be evaluated like Microsot Office for example.

Office would just stop working after 30 days, but an optimized System will stay at least partially optimized after

the usage of AudiophileOptimizer. But what technically is doable is to bind the trial version of the Audiophile-

Optimizer to Windows Server 2012 R2 Evaluation.

So what we can offer is a 14-day trial which is combined with a full 14-day money back guarantee. The 14-day

trial version is not limited in sonic performance or other functionalities, it is based on the latest version of the

AudiophileOptimizer, version 1.30. You can explore the full potential of our solution. It does work with all trial

and evaluation versions of Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2 (Standard, Datecenter & Essentials).

To be eligible for a full refund within 14 days, the following conditions must be met:

- You make us an email after your purchase and let us know that you

would like to use the special 14-day trial version instead of the regular version

- We will send you a link with the special 14-day trial version and further instructions

- You must wait for a separate email containg the link to the special 14-day trial version

- You must use the special 14-day trial and activation portal to generate the Activation-Key

- You may not use or activate the regular version of AudiophileOptimizer from our Homepage

(but you may already download it)

The trial version will work only on Server 2012 Trial or 2012 R2 Evaluation version (Standard, Datecenter & Essentials).

It will not work on retail, MSDN or other fully licensed versions of Server 2012 & 2012 R2

You have nothing to lose, no risk at all. If you don’t like what you hear and you did use the 14-day trial version

and the trial activation portal, you can demand a full refund within 14 days after your purchase.

If you like what you hear, you can download and activate the regular version of the AudiophileOptimizer within

or after the 14-day trial period.

You can buy AudiophileOptimizer using this link: https://www.highend-audiopc.com/ao-order.html

Kind regards,

Claudia

Highend-AudioPC Support

Hi

As already posted in the other thread the information about AO 1.30 was wrong. It's version 2.00.

It looks like an old version of our mail template was used in your case -> sorry about the confusion.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I'll tell you what Phil,

I will test out and report back "Here" in full AO latest beta version for Windows 10 Pro, AO latest version against our scripted optimization. You send me one key for activation and a link for the software. If it is what you say it is, then I'll purchase it and give a glowing review. If not, I'll just delete it and move on.

If AO is so great, it's a win win for you.

Mark

This is my experience:

I have used the script and settings in this thread with great succes, it makes a very big improvement in sound of my system.

But still I was realy looking forward to the release og AO2 for W10, and checking the website on a daily basis.

(I bought it about 2-3 weeks before it came out.)

Installed it on a fresh W10, but was very disapointed with the sound coming from the system with AO2.

Made 1 more fresh install, just to make sure everything was as as it should be, but it did not help.

I suppose it was system dependant, but still a bit disapointing anyway.

Went back to the script in this tread, and sound was again as good as it used to be before.

Maybe I will try AO2 on a server 2012 set-up one day, since a lot of people speaks highly of this.

(And as I already payed for AO2).

Regards Ove

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

Thank you, Lauritsvd, for that comparison. Affirms my suspicion.

On an update, looks like my AO challenge/review to Phil won't be happening. Never heard back from him. No problem, I don't blame him, he has a lot on his plate and what purpose would it serve AO.

As far as using Windows Server with AO. I'm not a big fan of Windows Server for the following reasons.

1. It's an expensive piece of software.

2. Using a trial version has it's pitfalls. It would preclude the necessity to have an internet connection, a no-no for best SQ optimization and the fact of the inconvenience of needing to do a complete reinstall every so often once your trial has completed. A big inconvenience. I like booting up my optimized PC windows 10 partition automatically and open JRiver with a click and off I am with wonderful sound, no internet connection, no updates.

I think next, I'll give Linux a try with JRiver instead. Will be curios to see if I can make it run properly, video and audio, with my Hugo DAC.

@ElviaCaprice, thanks you saved me a lot of time and frustration. I never realized that you can't really get a trial of AO V2 on Windows 10.

I'm reasonably technically competent, so I'll first experiment with the scripts and tips in this thread on a separate freshly installed partition. I'll only get AO if I find it overly taxes my patience and level of experience.

If anyone has additional recommendations specifically for Windows 10 Anniversary Update, I'd appreciate your feedback.

I now use a micro rendu running NAA. Have people found it is still worth optimizing the Windows 10 machine running HQPlayer in such a configuration?

I also sometimes use the micro rendu in DLNA/MPD mode, and using the Windows 10 machine that hosts my music files as the UPnP server. Are there any modifications to these scripts I need to make to preserve UPnP server functionality on Windows 10?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

@ElviaCaprice, thanks you saved me a lot of time and frustration. I never realized that you can't really get a trial of AO V2 on Windows 10.

Actually, it sounds like you can get a trial version of AO V2 on Windows 10 (As clarified by Phil), BUT, I don't know how you can download a trial version of Windows 10 to an already activated mobo for Windows 10 without it activating upon being installed?

Not sure, never tried and at this point probably never will. I'm quite content with the SQ I'm achieving off of my optimized Windows 10 Pro.

I understand the need for free optimization script and I believe CAD already delivered it finely. You can apply CAD script + LiveTuner + Fidelizer and use Bughead Emperor for best free sound. It's always you get what you pay for and trust me it needs lots of time and effort to build tools for everyone to use.

By the way, Fidelizer isn't packed script. It optimizes multimedia platform through means outside that scripting as core optimizations. Additional stuff like process and services management can be done through scripting but Fidelizer's core value in basic consumer user level can't be replicated through scripting. It needs programming to run some API commands and stuff to make things work the way Fidelizer does.

Also, Fidelizer offers free version and it works effectively. There's no need for Pro trial if you find free version working good enough worthy of your support. Plus and Pro version is more like my way of saying thanks to patrons and none disappointed so far from my record. You can keep using free version too.

The easiest way to prove the validity of software is to find negative feedback in forum or from your friends who purchased it. If you can't find anyone saying bad things to your interested products, it should hold some potentials worthy of your discovery, right? It's not like you bought some bad gears and keep praising them until you can part with them in 2nd hand market. :P

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

NO thanks. If it was so good you wouldn't have to post on this thread. Your free script sounds like another unnecessary process to convolute our optimized Windows 10 + media player.

NO thanks. If it was so good you wouldn't have to post on this thread. Your free script sounds like another unnecessary process to convolute our optimized Windows 10 + media player.

That's your opinion. It's up to you to pass over free improvement you can get. You seem to know about Fidelizer better than me though you never use it. You must be a wizard. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

I understand the need for free optimization script and I believe CAD already delivered it finely. You can apply CAD script + LiveTuner + Fidelizer and use Bughead Emperor for best free sound . It's always you get what you pay for and trust me it needs lots of time and effort to build tools for everyone to use.

I agree with that statement

g

MacMini 2012 i5 2.3| 4GB |Crucial M4 64 Gb SSD |10.9.1| NorthStar Driver | Optimization Script |HiFace 1| JRiver 19 Mac | Buffalo II DAC | Mastersound 220| Rega Naos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...