IGNORED

Windows 10 optimization script - A community effort?

edbk

On further playing around, I see I can just keep JRiver open before temporarily disabling Windows Explorer process and continue controlling playback.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

Yeah! Me too. I need them too.

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

To remove all apps that are created when you signin as a new user:

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

To remove all apps as an existing user:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

To remove all optional features:

Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -online | Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -online

You probably need to run this from powershell with the "run as administrator" option.

There may be some red error messages from components that are required for windows to run, windows doesnt allow you to remove those, you can ignore this.

If something doesnt work let me know, typing this on my iphone out of the top of my head [emoji6]

To remove all apps that are created when you signin as a new user:

Get-AppXProvisionedPackage -online | Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -online

To remove all apps as an existing user:

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

To remove all optional features:

Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -online | Disable-WindowsOptionalFeature -online

You probably need to run this from powershell with the "run as administrator" option.

There may be some red error messages from components that are required for windows to run, windows doesnt allow you to remove those, you can ignore this.

If something doesnt work let me know, typing this on my iphone out of the top of my head [emoji6]

Thank you so much edbk ^_^

DAC - Mytek Brooklyn, Intona High Speed Isolator.Int.Amp - ATC SIA2 150,SP - ATC SCM19, Sub - Paradigm SW2200

Source - Audio PC, Core i7 4785T 2.2Ghz, 8G PPA RAM, Samsung 850pro , WD Black HDD, JCAT USB card, PPA BLACK SATA Cable, HDPLEX H5 gen2 case, LPSu - Uptone JS-2 for DAC and USB Card - TeraDak ATX350W for PC, OS wins2012R2, Audio Optimizer, Fidelizer Pro, ASIO JPLAY, Foobar2000+Ramdisk, Hq player, SP cable - JPS superconductor2, Analog interconnect - Harmornic Tech Magic link III, USB cable - JCAT twin cable, Power cable - JPS kaptivator for Uptone JS-2 forDAC and USB card, Wireworld electra7 for PC, Wireworld electra7 silver for Amp, Magnet 2000 power line stabilzer and conditioner for DAC,PC

12932837_1700967073514123_7525078827891555851_n.jpg

• 2 months later...
Interestingly enough after reading and applying all the steps from this thread I still have over 44 processes and 900mb memory usage.

Not sure why...

JRiver alone will use that much memory if streaming from memory.

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

• 4 weeks later...

came across a tweak which I think makes a quite a difference, super clean and detailed sound, can hear much further into the music.

tried it on win 10 and it involves giving the windows audio service it's own process instead of sharing it.

You get the service name from the services tab in task manager under Name, on mine it is Audiosrv

open a cmd window in admin

type the command below (note space after = sign)

sc config Audiosrv type= own

sc config AudioEndpointBuilder type= own

press return and reboot, when you look at Audiosrv in the services tab of task manager you'll see it's got it's own pid.

There might be other services that share a pid, but that seems to be the main one for audio.

to reverse it type (though don't know why you'd want to)

sc config Audiosrv type= share

and reboot

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

Actually a good idea to do so. Audio Service is sharing with DHCP otherwise which is not very nice. Just keep in mind this will only affect WASAPI but not KS or ASIO.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Actually a good idea to do so. Audio Service is sharing with DHCP otherwise which is not very nice. Just keep in mind this will only affect WASAPI but not KS or ASIO.

I'm using ks on win 10, it sounded better with the sc config own setting, maybe I should just stop Audiosrv and AudioEndpointbuilder.

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

came across a tweak which I think makes a quite a difference, super clean and detailed sound, can hear much further into the music.

tried it on win 10 and it involves giving the windows audio service it's own process instead of sharing it.

You get the service name from the services tab in task manager under Name, on mine it is Audiosrv

open a cmd window in admin

type the command below (note space after = sign)

sc config Audiosrv type= own

sc config AudioEndpointBuilder type= own

press return and reboot, when you look at Audiosrv in the services tab of task manager you'll see it's got it's own pid.

There might be other services that share a pid, but that seems to be the main one for audio.

to reverse it type (though don't know why you'd want to)

sc config Audiosrv type= share

and reboot

"Set-Content : A positional parameter cannot be found that accepts argument 'type='."

I got this message in CMD Window when applying your scripts in both cases. So it seemed not to work?

• 1 month later...

The two windows features I really care about are wireless connectivity and

Remote Desktop Connection (I am in Windows 10 PRO) to be able to access my Audio PC remotely from another PC using Microsft's own Remote Desktop Connection application.

Would these scripts break the wireless and RDC features?

I tried to google what services / features are required for RDC without success.... :/

• 2 weeks later...