IGNORED

Windows 10 optimization script - A community effort?

edbk

13 hours ago, lmitche said:

Yes, but it is known as the best sounding Win10 release. Ask Peter St.

OK I asked him.  He says '10074 really does not cut it any more' because 'today it shows its very distinct flavor too much' (as opposed to neutrality).  He says his current favorite is 14393 but he hasn't tried anything more current than that.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

On 9/19/2018 at 8:42 PM, rickca said:

Sounds ancient.  It was released to the insider program as a preview on April 29, 2015! 

10 hours ago, rickca said:

OK I asked him.  He says '10074 really does not cut it any more' because 'today it shows its very distinct flavor too much' (as opposed to neutrality).  He says his current favorite is 14393 but he hasn't tried anything more current than that.

Oh well, I guess I misunderstood his posting. Thanks !

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

BIG WARNING

Thanks I always have at least a 60 day deferral on feature updates because of messes like this.  And MS wants to sell IT shops Microsoft Managed Desktop! 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

So I just wanted to say THANK YOU for this great thread. Imitche, ElviaCaprice, rickca, edbk, etc. Holy smokes, my laptop is as quiet as a church mouse now. I can't stop listening to my music. The noise floor has dropped significantly and I hear so deep into the music, it is crazy. Only one thing: I have somehow managed to "lose" drive "d" which was my ramdisk drive (a virtual drive on drive "C".) Anyhow, if someone can tell me what feature I should restore to get ramdisk back, I would immensely appreciate it!

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

4 hours ago, shadowlight said:

@Peti, it might be virtual disk service that was disabled.  You could try to enable that and check again.  I do not use virtual disk so no way for me to test.

Great, can you walk me through how can I enable it? Thank you

"high fidelity” -> being faithful, accuracy in details; “the degree to which an electronic device accurately reproduces sound

As Edbk displayed in his first thread here, the virtualization feature is turned off as you can see it here:

https://audiophilestyle.com/uploads/monthly_2015_08/58cd9855e77ce_ImageUploadedByComputerAudiophile1438970682.818327.jpg.7f43142b16669e32d8d65538bdbaa69b.jpg

I have tried to find an online walkthrough of how to disable virtualization in my laptop, but I have not found anything yet. Could someone tell me how to turn off this feature? Thank you!

Thank you guys for helping out. Everything works perfectly now, except one last thing: The resolution of the screen is at 800x600 and cannot be changed as that option is greyed out. What's more, it says that resolution is on 1024x768 already, which is clearly untrue. How can I bring up the resolution to the higher figures I've had before? Thank you in advance. See image uploaded here.

Untitled.png

23 minutes ago, Peti said:

How can I bring up the resolution to the higher figures I've had before?

Try re-installing the display driver for your laptop.

The trouble is that my laptop is from 2011 and it was run originally on win7 and now I have win10 home. I tried to re-install that driver, but everything is still the same. I've had this issue before that the resolution would change, especially when I hooked my laptop up via HDMI to the tv but then it always bounced back to 1024x768. But I have never seen the resolution greyed out before. I'm perplexed on this one.

• 9 months later...