IGNORED

Optical Network Configurations

So if I'm understanding right, there's no advantage to the tplink over the trendnet; that if you want flexibility of 100mb or gigabit on the RJ45, you get the trendnet?

Yes -- TPlink a bit cheaper but can't do 100mbs

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

Quick update. Installed Diablo OEM switch this evening and have been listening with Audio PC (Dual PC config), Synology NAS and Qnap NAS on optical network (switch and FMC's powered via TECKNET batteries). IMO, improved SQ over isolated optical bridge. Immediate words that come to mind are flowing, effortless and natural. Next (and likely last) step is SFP Pcie card on Audio PC. TP-Link I ordered did not play well with my CAPS Pipeline so I'm trying a different brand.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Looking at external battery power with Pass-Through charging. Seems like most of the new Anker's do not support this.

But found a product call Mi Power Bank: Mi Power Bank - Mi Global Home which seems good (5V/2A output) and will work while charging.

Have not seen anyone post about this product....mainly the Ankers.....

And it is only $12 (Aliexpress Free Ship)

hi dtb300,

you're right regarding the Anker : no pass through.

i use 2 of this TeckNet, they do pass through. Honestly i did not notice lower SQ when charging vs no charging. Good product.

here :TeckNet PowerGen iEP1500-WHITE 16000mAH Power Bank With BLUETEK - PORTABLE CHARGERS - POWER - PRODUCTS.

Is the TeckNet better quality than yours : can't answer.

Rgds

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

hi dtb300,

you're right regarding the Anker : no pass through.

i use 2 of this TeckNet, they do pass through. Honestly i did not notice lower SQ when charging vs no charging. Good product.

here :TeckNet PowerGen iEP1500-WHITE 16000mAH Power Bank With BLUETEK - PORTABLE CHARGERS - POWER - PRODUCTS.

Is the TeckNet better quality than yours : can't answer.

Rgds

Love these batteries. I also leave mine charging (I have the 1st version Anker's). These have the best price/performance.

Most batteries seem to max out at 2A/USB port. Anyone have luck with a battery that can do 5V/3A? Brand?

Quick update. Installed Diablo OEM switch this evening and have been listening with Audio PC (Dual PC config), Synology NAS and Qnap NAS on optical network (switch and FMC's powered via TECKNET batteries). IMO, improved SQ over isolated optical bridge. Immediate words that come to mind are flowing, effortless and natural. Next (and likely last) step is SFP Pcie card on Audio PC. TP-Link I ordered did not play well with my CAPS Pipeline so I'm trying a different brand.

The Mellanox Connectx-2 which is very cheap on eBay runs well on Windows and Linux. I use Intel x520 most often.

The Mellanox Connectx-2 which is very cheap on eBay runs well on Windows and Linux. I use Intel x520 most often.

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased a Chinese brand on Ali-Express (LR-Link based on Broadcom chip). http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/6829037109.html?orderId=68537664577750

If that does not work I will probably give it one more shot with Mellanox or Intel.

Any progress with modifications to the OEM switch? Curious to see what if any difference that makes.

Digital System: Cybershaft 10MHz OCXO clock premium>Antelope Liveclock>RedNet D16>AES Cable>Mutec MC-3+ USB​>AES Cable>Schiit Yggy

Is that the DA model? Only thing with the 520 is it's x8, so will require a bigger mobo than Mini ITX, I assume.

And THAT's why I'm happy I got the Intel S1200v3-RPL with 1x x16 length PCIe slot and 3x x8 length slots. Man that's a good board. Though there's some balancing to do with what speed the slot will run at depending on what you have in each slot as well as the native max speed of each slot, but all the same, at least x16, x8, and x4 cards will just run at lower speeds and still fit in the mobo/case.

I'm getting overwhelmed by options here, so hoping folks here can help me out?

Looking for advice on integrating fiber connections in a larger network.

I will, following advice on this thread, have a PC with a fiber connection to the on-the-way-from-aliexpress 8-port optical + 1 RJ45 switch that jabbr found.

I also plan to connect my NAS, and an NAA, to that fiber switch, using FMCs.

But that leaves the other connections: modem, Roku, VOIP, wifi. To accommodate them, which of the following makes more sense?

1. get a standard switch with one or two SFP slots (something like the TPLink TL-SG3210), and connect all those using the RJ45 connections, but connect that switch to the fiber switch with a fiber connection
  2. get a standard switch (say the Cisco SG200-08?) and connect that switch to the RJ45 On the fiber switch
  3. something else

Either of these options will work.

Standard switches are cheaper. Using an SFP link keeps the fiberoptic switch entirely isolated.

In my own setup I do all of the above (I have a collection of switches though). I keep the printers and wireless router and other non-audio stuff on a copper switch. These connect to my fiber switch using an FMC.

In my server room in the basement I have a 1gbe copper aggregation switch (IBM RackSwitch 9000) which has a 10Gbe fiber uplink to my Brocade VDX6720. The Brocade is actually quiet once it boots.

Of those two options I'd get the TP-Link.

Interested in the Aliexpress item but anything further as to whether PP might do an upgrade? Reluctant to order from China just in case he does, and not up for DIY:)

I just ordered the reclocked SFP switch from PPA, so we will see:)

Either of these options will work.

Standard switches are cheaper. Using an SFP link keeps the fiberoptic switch entirely isolated.

In my own setup I do all of the above (I have a collection of switches though). I keep the printers and wireless router and other non-audio stuff on a copper switch. These connect to my fiber switch using an FMC.

In my server room in the basement I have a 1gbe copper aggregation switch (IBM RackSwitch 9000) which has a 10Gbe fiber uplink to my Brocade VDX6720. The Brocade is actually quiet once it boots.

Of those two options I'd get the TP-Link.

That's where I was leaning; thanks!

He is making one for me so we can see if it does anything (well I'm paying for him to do it) If there is enough interest I am sure he will add this to his website. Now of course there may be no end to the reclocking business because there is also the motherboard and NIC...

I just ordered the reclocked SFP switch from PPA, so we will see:)

Awesome news, really looking forward to what you find out. Let us know what switch he used and if he used the same TCXO clock kit that he uses for the mobo upgrade.

How about your own Diablo OE one? Depending on your results with the PPA SFP switch will you try modding your own switch still?

Awesome news, really looking forward to what you find out. Let us know what switch he used and if he used the same TCXO clock kit that he uses for the mobo upgrade.

How about your own Diablo OE one? Depending on your results with the PPA SFP switch will you try modding your own switch still?

This will be the OEM "Diablo" switch. He can get it for even less at the taobao (internal) site. It's 500 yuan!

Anker Astro Pro 2 can do 4.5A from single USB port if not mistaken...

Saw that but given that it does multiple output voltages I think its probably a battery powered switching supply? How does it sound?

Purchased two of these, Connected to my motherbaord and PC is nto seeing the Card. It doesnt even come in device manager.

Lot of 2 Mellanox Connectx 2 Single Port SFP 10GbE Network Card MNPA19 XTR | eBay

Any input?

Hard to know without info. Have you tried downloading and reinstalling drivers? You may also need to reflash the BIOS. Have you tried any Mellanox software to interogate it?