IGNORED

Moode Audio Player for Raspberry Pi

tcmods

Hello to all. I have a two part question that I hope someone can help with. First is that I installed moode on my rpi 2b. Everything went ok other than there is no sound.I am using the audioengine dac 1 so I am wondering if there is a compatibility issue.I have tried changing some of the configuration settings but no luck.

The second question is there a way to run moode along side raspbian jessie or does it need to run as a stand alone program.I am having a lot of fun playing around on jessie but so far have not been able to find anything comparable to moode that is available in the list of add ons.

Thank you for any help

Here are some mockups for your consideration

1)Playback tab

-checkboxes

-blue checkmark in menubar

PlaybackFinal.png

2)Playback tab when clicking on blue checkmark

PlaybackFinal2.png

3)Library tab

Library.png

4)Library tab when clicking on blue checkmark

Library2.png

Win10 PRO->PPANG USB->Gustard X20->Jotunheim->Sanders magtech monoblocks->3.7i

hello,

I've got Moode up and running (laptop connected to Raspberry Pi via an ethernet cable, the audio streams in the Moode browser window play nicely via my hifi system). I would now like to stream Tidal, but can't find any guides for this. I've switched on all the Airplay options along with the Upnp renderer. I've also installed a BubbleUpnp server on my laptop & can see "Moode Upnp" under "media renderers. however, the Tidal app still plays via laptop speakers.

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

ahto

hello,

I've got Moode up and running (laptop connected to Raspberry Pi via an ethernet cable, the audio streams in the Moode browser window play nicely via my hifi system). I would now like to stream Tidal, but can't find any guides for this. I've switched on all the Airplay options along with the Upnp renderer. I've also installed a BubbleUpnp server on my laptop & can see "Moode Upnp" under "media renderers. however, the Tidal app still plays via laptop speakers.

I'd be grateful for any pointers.

ahto

I've been doing a similar thing, using a BuubbleUPnP server to strean Tdal on top of Moode since Moode version 2.6.

But the difference is that I installed Java and BuubbleUPnP server on the same raspberry where Moode is running.

I can put together a sort of "how to" guide if you are interested.

franz

that would be very interesting, thank you. I've now worked out a solution involving Kazoo, but if there's a way of reliable streaming Tidal direct to the Raspberry, I'd definitely like to try it. my hands-on programming skills are very limited though.

much obliged

ahto

that would be very interesting, thank you. I've now worked out a solution involving Kazoo, but if there's a way of reliable streaming Tidal direct to the Raspberry, I'd definitely like to try it. my hands-on programming skills are very limited though.

much obliged

ahto

You can find my "Quick guide" here

franz

Thank you Franz. But please note Eksil, this is not accessible from within moode.

It is not accessible in the sense that you don't control what is playing in Moode, but directly through the controller app (Lumin in my case), although you see what is currently playing through Tidal in Moode, including the cover art, since the whole thing is relying on the UPnP rendering layer which is provided by Moode.

It is not accessible in the sense that you don't control what is playing in Moode, but directly through the controller app (Lumin in my case), although you see what is currently playing through Tidal in Moode, including the cover art, since the whole thing is relying on the UPnP rendering layer which is provided by Moode.

many thanks. having just got everything functioning I'm loath to risk attempting this right away.

would you have any idea if there's any difference in sound quality between having the BubbleUpnp on the Raspberry & running it on teh laptop with Kazoo?

many thanks. having just got everything functioning I'm loath to risk attempting this right away.

would you have any idea if there's any difference in sound quality between having the BubbleUpnp on the Raspberry & running it on teh laptop with Kazoo?

It's hard to say. But I I were you and I had it working, I would probably juast enjoy the music....

In my case it was different, I explicitly went the route of installing BubbbleUPnP on the raspberry because I did want to remove the laptop from my musical reproduction chain: my raspberry is always on 24/7, ready for reproduction when needed.

much obliged

ahto

Hi Ahto

There is one direct streaming method for TIDAL & Raspberry Pi, via OpenHome.org's own OpenHome Player - so can be used with OpenHome controller apps like Lumin:

OpenHome Player for Raspberry Pi

Requires the Raspbian Jessie distro, so is an alternative to Moode and it may or may not work with your DAC.

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Hello to the forum!

It's my first post and it is ... of course ... a question ;-)

At the moment I use a Raspb3, configured with moode for a Philips ps1/12 (HDMI) and feeded by an iPad with Airplay or by moode on the raspberry. Apart from some interruptions if receiving a video stream, that setup works perfect for me.

Now Iam looking for more situations, where I can use it and I have some questions for these cases:

Case 1:

I wanted to use the above configuration added with an Hifiberry DAC+Pro on a Beolab 6002 (Chinch to Din5pol-Cable). The Beolab is configured in "line". But if I switch the Beolab on, there is a hum/buzz. It is a little bit quieter, if the Hifiberry LED signed, that the board is active. I tried different power supplies and two different ground loop isolators without success. Only the pitch differs a little bit and if I play music with Airplay, it is quieter (but not away) than without music.

Has any one an idea about the problem and (more important) a solution, before I send the Hifiberry back to Amazon?

Case 2:

In the living room of a girl friend is a television (with rj45 network capability) and a surround-receiver. It is 10 m away from the internet router. The goal would be, to add Airplay to the receiver (HDMI from Raspberry) and additional Internetaccess for the television by WLan. If I don’t want to buy an extra repeater for the television, it is needed to configure the moode/rasp. as an repeater and connected per ethernet-cable to the television.

Is there a possibility configuring the rasp. in this way? And, if the only way is by terminal … is there a step by step instruction?

Thanks very much.

Hi everybody... a quick question: has anybody experimented with the "Check for eth0 IP" parameter in Moode 3.1?

I'm currently using my raspberry over wi-fi and I would like to set it to yes (to gain some time at boot), but I often move the raspberry to another location where I used it wired.

Should I forget to set the parameter back before leaving, will there be an easy way to achieve the same result and reset the default check for eth0 interface by editing the config.txt file on the sdcard (on my mac) and then reboot the raspberry?

Thanks

Hi everybody... a quick question: has anybody experimented with the "Check for eth0 IP" parameter in Moode 3.1?

I'm currently using my raspberry over wi-fi and I would like to set it to yes (to gain some time at boot), but I often move the raspberry to another location where I used it wired.

Should I forget to set the parameter back before leaving, will there be an easy way to achieve the same result and reset the default check for eth0 interface by editing the config.txt file on the sdcard (on my mac) and then reboot the raspberry?

Thanks

Hi,

The setting does not disable the eth0 interface, it just bypasses the code in worker startup that performs a check for receipt of an ip address on eth0. This can reduce boot time by up to 9 secs.

-Tim

Hi everybody...I'm really new here. I've been following this useful 3d since December 2016. I'm using Moode 3.1 on RPi3 with a Gustard x20 via USB. It works very well up to DSD128 (no sound for DSD256). Thanks Tim for ur job! Could u confirm that for DSD files (.dsf .dff) moode use DOP even the DAC (as mine) can accept native dsd?

Sorry, since I'm very newbie even with linux maybe the following questions could appear trivial:

I have 2 HardDisks (1TB ntfs ad 2 TB ext4) connected via usb to the RPi3, the small one has the main library (film and audio) and the Moode Library was created with this one while the larger (2TB) is a backup. I mounted both of them on new folders and updated the smb.conf to see the two HDs as na1T and nas2T in the home network so I can see in my internal network both of them but I cannot modify or cancel the 1TB HD when operate from a pc in this home netwok...do u know why? I also changed ownership and rights (chown and chmod 777) but it is no possible to work with the files on the 1TB disk (only from ssh shell)...suggestions?

Concerning DLNA server, I wonder if it exists a configuration files, where I can find this file? At the beginning it was not possible to see the second HD (2TB) from the TV that pickup up the file from the dlna server.

Thanks

Hi everybody, I cannot make Airplay working with my Moode 3.1 installed on a raspberry pi3, with the embedded wi-fi receiver.

It is not a big deal for me, because I rarely use Airplay, but it would be nice to have when I have friends visiting.

My config is the following, under "Configuration/Audio":

AirplyaConfig.png

I can see my airplay receiver in my Apple devices (mac, ipad), but when I select it and start streaming from my chosen Apple device, there is no sound coming in Moode.

In Moode plyaback tab I just see the following:

AirplayNotWorking.png

And in moode logfiles I could not find anything giving me any clue on what is not working.

In /var/log/moode.log I have this line:

20170118 212644 worker: Job airplaysvc

And in /var/log/auth.log I found this lines:

Jan 18 21:46:45 moode31 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -a MoodeAirPlay -S soxr -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh -- -d hw:1 -c PCM

Jan 18 21:46:45 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-mixername

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-alsavol PCM

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-mixername

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-alsavol PCM

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session closed for user root

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/killall shairport-sync

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/rm /tmp/shairport-sync-metadata

What am I doing wrong? What else should I investigate?

Thanks!

Hi everybody, I cannot make Airplay working with my Moode 3.1 installed on a raspberry pi3, with the embedded wi-fi receiver.

It is not a big deal for me, because I rarely use Airplay, but it would be nice to have when I have friends visiting.

My config is the following, under "Configuration/Audio":

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32603[/ATTACH]

I can see my airplay receiver in my Apple devices (mac, ipad), but when I select it and start streaming from my chosen Apple device, there is no sound coming in Moode.

In Moode plyaback tab I just see the following:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32604[/ATTACH]

And in moode logfiles I could not find anything giving me any clue on what is not working.

In /var/log/moode.log I have this line:

20170118 212644 worker: Job airplaysvc

And in /var/log/auth.log I found this lines:

Jan 18 21:46:45 moode31 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/local/bin/shairport-sync -a MoodeAirPlay -S soxr -w -B /var/www/command/spspre.sh -E /var/www/command/spspost.sh -- -d hw:1 -c PCM

Jan 18 21:46:45 moode31 sudo: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-mixername

Jan 18 21:49:11 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-alsavol PCM

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-mixername

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: www-data : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/var/www ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/var/www/command/util.sh get-alsavol PCM

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/killall shairport-sync

Jan 18 21:49:18 moode31 sudo: root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/ ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/rm /tmp/shairport-sync-metadata

What am I doing wrong? What else should I investigate?

Thanks!

Hi,

Airplay volume is controlled by sender so make sure that volume is turned up on iTunes or whatever app you are using as player.

What audio device are u using?

-Tim