IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

New update 4.17.14. Don’t know what it does.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

Nice touch with the search update.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

• 2 weeks later...

I always thought that synchronization would be a potential problem with AMM. Carefully recheck your settings on your A10 and network connection to your NAS. If you still have problems, contact your dealer or Aurender.

FYI:

On the Linux file-system type which Aurender uses, there is an unfortunate 2 GB maximum file size. I have seen 2XDSD tracks in excess of 20 minutes duration that will exceed that file size limit. Unfortunately those super large files cannot be supported on the Aurender system at this time.

So before you download a very large file (in my case a DSD 128 file) check its size. 

Thank you @AriMargolis for your speedy assistance.

12 hours ago, agladstone said:

Is this why I can’t seem to get DSD 256 or most DXD tracks / albums to be recognized on my N100H?

DSD 128 is the maximum that Aurender allows on USB and DSD 64 is the maximum for SPDIF. So your DSD 256 files/tracks won't work regardless of size. 

For other sample rates if your files are too large, they won't play. This seems to be a Linux problem. Roon had similar problems but fixed them but they (AFAIK) sling their own code. 

2 hours ago, Ponzi said:

I apologize if this has been asked already, but how do I cause a download from HDTracks to be seen by the ASC-10?  How do I get the down load on the ASC-10 hard drive?

This isn’t too difficult but requires some explanation as you are actually at your computer. My suggestion is to call your dealer and he/she should be able to walk you through it in a few minutes.

1 hour ago, Ponzi said:

I can get the down load into the N10’s hard drive.  But not the ASC-10’s.  I will noodle on it.

Okay then. Can your ASC-10 see your hard disk files and have you used AMM? If so, can you see the files on the ASC-10 from your computer (on a windows based machine you have to do this from the Network icon found under Desktop in your browser? If not, you will need to log the ASC-10 into your computer (should be the same process as with your N10)

• 2 weeks later...

"New" update - Listed on web site as April 11, 2019 but listed in the App store as April 26, 2019

Conductor 2.9.21

Released on April 11 2019

• Improved the positioning of the Aurender name and IP of the connected Aurender server
  • Fixed overlapped menu panes in UI
  • Selected playlist can now be loaded to “Playlist Editor”
  • Scanning will now start after changing resolution setting of album cover
  • “Show albums with cover only” fixed

1 hour ago, AriMargolis said:

@JS21 @Mazza Yes, this has been an issue. Are you on the latest software? There have been some improvements there.

When you use the "add to library" function to add streaming content to your Aurender library, the Aurender system adds a "link" to that album to your Aurender library database. The problem is, if the location of that album on Tidal's servers changes, it renders those Aurender library db links false. Unfortunately when that happens, the system is unable to "remove from library" those albums...

If there are Tidal albums you wish to remove from your library, but can't - please send a remote support request email from the Conductor app (Settings>Help>Send remote support email) and note which albums you'd like to have deleted. We will take care of it for you.

I don't stream so this isn't a problem for me but for those who do, there should be a permanent fix for this. These types on niggling problems not being resolved are bad for Aurender's reputation. 

Any word when the new app will be available?

Anyone having problems displaying the back cover (back.jpg) when playing an album?

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, agladstone said:

Upgrade time!! 

I just sold my N100H and now it’s time for an upgrade! 

Trying to decide between ACS10 16TB model, ACS10 24TB model (the 24TB model has not only 8TB larger HDD space, but also a 480TB SSD Cache and more RAM too vs. the 16TB model - it’s $1200 more for the 24TB vs. 16TB - is it worth the additional cost? Will there be benefits above and beyond the additional 8TB’s of HDD storage???). 

Another thought... Would the N10 bring me increased sound quality vs. the ACS10 and enough to justify giving up the more advanced features of the ACS10 and the fact that it’s a much newer model vs. one that may be towards the end of its lifecycle?? 

And lastly in my decision process.... is there a non Aurender streamer / player that may be even better performance and / or feature wise out there now (Auralic G2, Innous Zenith MKIII, Lumin something, perhaps even some sort of optical Rendu / Sotm sort of trifecta combo coupled with a roon server and Roon and HQP )??? 

Please chime in and let me know your thoughts on this?? 

Thanks!!! 

It would be nice if we knew the present configuration of your system 😊. DCS makes a nice system as does Rendu/Sotm (dependent upon configuration).

Don't get too carried away about the size of the HDD unless you have a very large collection or plan to expand it. If I was looking at Aurender, I would get the newest model available that had the features I needed. Since my collection is already in digital format I don't need a internal burner, YMMV. 

From what I can glean from the somewhat obtuse Aurender statements, the N10 and W20 are better sounding than the newest Axx units although there may be some aspects of the respective units where this is not true. The ACS10 is certainly more convenient and includes DACs.

If I were buying and had a great DAC, I would look for a very good used N10 or W20. We do know that major upgrades to the W20 will be available soon. What we don't know if these upgrades are applicable to the present models. IIRC we also don't know the status of the N10 which would be a bit worrisome to me. I would hate to sink that much money into a unit only to see it superseded shortly afterward (It has happened to me with other products 😖).

5 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Does the Conductor App have the capability to set "Favorite" albums as a group for content stored locally on the Aurender hard drive?

Do you normally "stream" your music from an external HDD/NAS (as opposed to storing all of your music on the internal HDD)? If so, where is a "Playlist" stored and will it serve you as a "Favorite" group.

17 minutes ago, Booster MPS said:

Shout out and thanks to those posting here for the guidance as you can now count me with the N100H owners.  I appreciate the information and the reviews on this thread.  I have long been over due to retire my 2012 Mac Mini / A+ combo, although Audirvana has really served me well.  I have known for a long time that I needed to move to a purpose built machine with a lower noise floor and no concern for transition between OS versions.  So now we sit in my home office loading files.....

@rwwjr44 thanks for the reply.  I take your reply to mean that to create a grouping or mini library of "Favorite" albums, just make each one of those albums its own playlist.  Let me know if I interpreted that correctly.

IMG_3481.JPG

Yes playlists will work. They are a bit clumsy to use until you get the hang of it.

• 3 weeks later...

I just noticed that the Conductor screen doesn’t completely fill my iPad 11 inch Pro. Is this normal?

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AriMargolis said:

@jfddoc you'll just have to come to the show and find out! Just kidding. More info will be released soon, but in the mean time here are some key differences:

-Uses SSD's instead of spinning drives

-Larger SSD cache (1TB)

-Linear power supply replaces switch-mode PSU

-2X Isolated LAN port

-Upgraded OCXO clock

-Support for higher rate DSD

Will it still have batteries?

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 8.33.21 AM.png

I know but I am just a bit impatient. 😁

9 minutes ago, edje said:

Anybody tried the new conductor app? It is launched today in the App store!

Thanks. Just now playing with it. So far, it looks very good.

20 hours ago, honeymustardsteve said:

Did that a few times already. Prob didn’t test it on older iPads....

I didn't search Aurender's site very well but couldn't find a mention as to what versions of ios are not supported. 

@honeymustardsteve You now have a very good reason to upgrade your iPad. 😁

12 minutes ago, sfseay said:

If Aurender wouldn't be so stubborn and would starting supporting Roon issues like future compatibility would be eliminated.  I moved on from Aurender after purchasing Roon.  Having said that I realize that Roon isn't for everyone and many people don't like it or won't be purchasing it.  Still, Aurender's reasons for not supporting Roon don't make sense.

In their present configuration, Aurender devices don't seem to be compatible with Roon. You may be able to kludge a Roon/Aurender configuration but...