IGNORED

The "Official" Aurender Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, DancingSea said:

I wish this were true.  But Roon absolutely has a unique sound quality.  As does Audirvana, or HQPlayer or Amarra.  Software has perhaps an equal effect on SQ as hardware.  Both are equally important.  Part of Aurender's secret SQ sauce is Conductor software.

I disagree, obviously. 

If the server is sending the bits unaltered, there is no mechanism by which they could conceivably sound different.  An Excel spreadsheet contains the exact same numbers whether stored on a NAS and retrieved via SMB or stored in the "cloud" and retrieved via HTTPS.  The bits are the same; therefore, the content is the same - same applies for music files: there's nothing special about them.

Again, if a specific software actually DOES sound different (or an endpoint handles that stream differently), that's a problem, not a feature.

NOTE: this is NOT to say that Audirvana (say) or Amarra is NOT doing something internally that "sweetens" the sound in some way, which may be difficult to detect if outputting directly to a DAC (e.g., via USB, etc.).  But if they're actually just sending the file to a renderer (e.g., via DLNA), then they WILL sound the same unless the renderer is mishandling the stream.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

I’ve heard clear differences in streaming software on the same devices, and they all sounded differently. 

- Innuos Pulse/Roon on an Innuos Pulse

- Roon/mConnectHD on Bricasti DACs equipped with Network Card

- LuminApp/Roon on two Lumin streamers

I have little doubt Conductor 4 will sound differently than Roon on Aurender devices.

The good news for most Aurender owners is the choice of streaming experiences.  

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

10 hours ago, Koso said:

If you want a more stable version right away, I recommend switching to the beta. The procedure is simple and is on the Aurender website here: https://ask.aurender.com/hc/en-us/articles/19629437629335-How-to-Install-Conductor-V4-Beta-for-iPad-

Thank you for that info. I downloaded the latest Beta iteration of Conductor V4 and will test it later today.

Audio Note AN-E SPx AlNiCo, Audio Note P4 Tonmeister 300B Balanced Monos, Bricasti Audio M21 DAC,  Aurender N30SA, Esoteric UX3-Pi, Audio Note Sogon, SPx and WyWires cabling, Environmental Potentials EP-2050 Whole House AC Filter, Torus TOT Mini Isolation Transformer, Dedicated Audio AC Circuit

43 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Is V3 of Conductor generally stable?  Are these lamentations of bugs limited to V4?

V3 is stable indeed! I've spent more time on V3 recently just for that. I am testing current V4 beta now. So far so good.

Synergistic Research Powercell 12UEF > Innuos PhoenixNET > Aurender N100H > Innuos PhoenixUSB > Ferrum audio Wandla + Hypsos DAC > Simaudio Moon 600i / Gato Audio DIA400S > Dynaudio C1 speakers > Siltech, Shunyata & Stealth cabling

On 6/28/2021 at 1:07 PM, AurenderAmerica said:

N200 runs a little leaner with 2 x 35W transformers as opposed to ACS10's 2 x 50W. 

I’m reading older posts so note that I’m reviving one of Ari’s from June 2021— 

Ari suggests the ACS10 has a more muscular power supply than the N200. But on the Aurender site, the ACS10 is described thus: 

Power Consumption

Play (16.5W), Peak (23.5W), Standby (6.5W)

And the N200 is described thus: 

Power Consumption Play (15W), Peak (35W), Standby (5.1W)

So the N200 delivers more wattage at peak levels, and more than doubles its “play” wattage. Doesn’t that data suggest the N200 has a more robust power supply than the ACS10?

It’s part of the appeal of the N200 for me, since I expect more power = better SQ.

Aurender N200 music server, Bryston BDA-3 DAC, PS Audio BHK Signature preamp, Bryston 4B3 power amp, and Diapason Adamantes III monitor speakers. Power cords from AudioQuest and Shunyata; interconnects from Silnote Audio.

In any case, got a great deal on a 2 year old used A100 ($1285) from The Music Room.  Will keep my Roon/HQP rig for when a chic GUI calls.  Was surprised that Aurender will provide a full 2 year manufacture's warranty on a used unit from an authorized dealer.  Impressive.  Never heard of a company doing that.

Does Conductor V4 improve on the overall organization and GUI from V3?  I'm leery of diving into V4 if it's going to be buggy, at least for now.

32 minutes ago, DancingSea said:

Does Conductor V4 improve on the overall organization and GUI from V3?  I'm leery of diving into V4 if it's going to be buggy, at least for now.

Conductor V4 GUI is similar to V3.

The recently released Beta V4 is not buggy in my system. V4 has the benefit of vTuner internet radio, which V3 lacks.

8 minutes ago, GJo said:

Conductor V4 GUI is similar to V3.

The recently released Beta V4 is not buggy in my system. V4 has the benefit of vTuner internet radio, which V3 lacks.

What improvements do you experience with V4 over V3?  Is it just the Tuner internet radio?  Or is there more to it?

2 hours ago, GJo said:

Just vTuner for me. I use internet radio on a regular basis, so it's a nice added feature.

Otherwise, I don't notice much difference between the versions, but others who have drilled down deeper may have more to offer in that respect.

On the Aurender websites for V4 they list improvements as "New Settings Menu", "Play Action Commands" and "Internet Radio by vTuner".  Not exactly a large list.  But who am I to complain given I have no idea what's required to accomplish even that?

I have a question for the N20 owners, as mine runs significantly hotter than the N10 and the ACS10. Not sure if this is normal, I mean it's amplifier level hot, not very comfortable to keep my hands on the top for long.

I dont want to bother Aurender support, if this is normal.20240109_223121.thumb.jpg.518d8d3902e8d0a137781c60841a836f.jpg

On 1/8/2024 at 8:54 PM, scoc said:

Instead of all the latest Roon talk I would like to know how the earlier mentioned new AP20 is sounding?

I dont know if the sound signature is similar, but as al long time user (since 2017) of a A10 I can say that this is one of my best investments in audio. It is so good that I dont dare to upgrade to the next level Aurender with the risc of a different (and worst) sound signature. I can reccomend it wholehearted.