IGNORED

umm, what happened to the dbt thread?

Good question, I too typed a reply to Merril who had directed a question to me. Posted it briefly and then the whole thread was gone.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

Yes, I went there looking for it, being afraid in advance of that whole thread now being gone. So it is.

But NOW I seriously don't like it. I know, it is a technical thing that this will happen (thread starter gets not banned but completely removed) and now I SERIOUSLY feel that so much time has been wasted. That thread was quite serious you know (in my view).

I can't be sure, but I seem to see that it's not really gone. Just moved to space we can't see. Maybe the DBT thread can come back somehow ?

Not a serious question I guess, but if it happens I think a few will feel better. Must have been 100s of hours of typing all together in there.

Oh well.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

That is weird. Even if someone is banned, their posts don't disappear. (Not that I ever wanted to see trithio banned; he was no prot.)

In this case trithio's account got deleted. Happened to prot7 the same. That gives the option to delete all the posts as well.

Lush^3-e      Lush^2      Blaxius^2.5      Ethernet^3     HDMI^2     XLR^2

XXHighEnd (developer)

Phasure NOS1 24/768 Async USB DAC (manufacturer)

Phasure Mach III Audio PC with Linear PSU (manufacturer)

Orelino & Orelo MKII Speakers (designer/supplier)

In this case trithio's account got deleted. Happened to prot7 the same. That gives the option to delete all the posts as well.

Must be an optional thing on Chris' part. Prot was banned, yet all his posts--including the threads he started--are still here. I hope Chris can fix this since the thread had interesting posts.

Besides, I don't think trithio deserved to be banned. We have seen much worse--at both ends of the spectrum--and sometimes it just takes a while for the most opinionated to learn how to moderate their tone so as to be civil to the rest. Trithio was just beginning to settle down. Heck, there are some very prolific members here that at one time I don't think I could stand to be in the same room with, but now I'd be happy to share a beverage and some barbeque with (provided their political views we're not as extreme as their audio dogma ;)).

Well this why I don't take part in Steve Hoffmann forums anymore. If someone says something against the ideas of Steve, he removes the entire thread. You can put time in replying quite nicely and then due to someone else, the entire thread vanishes.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

I love that this forum is getting cleaned up. It has felt that every topic was devolving into a back and forth of name calling and character smearing not to mention silly arguments that simply have no way of resolution much as the partisan bickering the US congress has displayed in years of late.

David

headfi have the following in their terms and conditions, might be of use here

If what you want to post includes words/phrases like "placebo," "expectation bias," "ABX," "blind testing," etc., please post it in the Sound Science forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service

some other good ideas there as well

There is no harm in doubt and skepticism, for it is through these that new discoveries are made. Richard P Feynman

http://mqnplayer.blogspot.co.uk/

headfi have the following in their terms and conditions, might be of use here

If what you want to post includes words/phrases like "placebo," "expectation bias," "ABX," "blind testing," etc., please post it in the Sound Science forum.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service

some other good ideas there as well

There are good and bad aspects to that. It makes for a cleaner forum for both groups. However it becomes a seperate, but equal idea when it is actually neither.

It makes for a cleaner forum for both groups. However it becomes a seperate [sic], but equal idea when it is actually neither.

+1

It's not often that I agree with you, Dennis, but I am happy to do so on this occasion. :)

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

There are good and bad aspects to that. It makes for a cleaner forum for both groups. However it becomes a seperate, but equal idea when it is actually neither.

Sometime bad little boys need to be sent to their rooms, fairly or unfairly, for the sake of the rest of the family. So it sounds like a great idea to me !

And, if you look at the Head-fi.rg text, they do say "please" :)