IGNORED

The new 192 KHz version of Dirac Live is now online

flak

Yes, this is a no brainer add on. I also hope they change the behavior of the cursor when grabbing an anchor on the target curve. Now turns into a “hand” and hard to see your precise location; worse, the feedback of your location is lost when moving the anchor. Not sure why they changed this.

• 4 months later...
Made new filter with version 1.10. No issues found and enjoying filter now with Qobuz/Pure Music Streamthrough. Haven't tried hires files yet.

Where do you get the filter for PM streamthrough? I tried tech support for PM but no solution other than maybe a new DAC.

ROON w/ TIDAL > iMac (21.5", Late 2013) 3.1 GHz Intel Quad Core i7 - 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 > macOS Catalina 10.15.7 > 250 Apple Flash Storage / SSD > Apple Airport Extreme > Bluesound Node 2i > Audioquest Cinnamon Digital Coax > Peachtree Audio Nova 150 > Monster HTS 1600 > Blue Jeans Speaker Cables > Vintage Klipsch Kg2 Speakers

Where do you get the filter for PM streamthrough? I tried tech support for PM but no solution other than maybe a new DAC.

The thread being on the introduction of upto 192khz in Dirac was referring to the creation of a new Dirac filter, through which I listen to Pure Music Streamthrough. :-)

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

Yes, this is a no brainer add on. I also hope they change the behavior of the cursor when grabbing an anchor on the target curve. Now turns into a “hand” and hard to see your precise location; worse, the feedback of your location is lost when moving the anchor. Not sure why they changed this.

I suggested a new TAB on the right along with HELP to show you all your Anchor Points - Frequency and dB's. That way instead of trying to move the point with the "hand" pointer, you could just change them in this TAB. IMO that would be easier and more efficient.

But was informed (Flavio can correct me here if I misstate) that the "exact" points are not that critical when the curve is generated.

Dear all,

I'm a long time reader of this forum, but was not registered yet :-(

I'm using Dirac Room Correction since a few years, and recently upgraded to the free 192 KHz version. I use Pure Music and Audirvana + (latests versions).

What I noticed is that after the new DRC upgrade, PM or A+ (Itune integrated mode) took a very long time to load.

After a lot of tests, installation / deleting of different versions of every software, I found the cause of this bug : the new Dirac audio processor ! I solved the problem by uninstalling it and install the previous version, and everything works like before. I kept the new version of the calibration tool.

Any idea about what can cause this problem with the new version of the processor ?

Thanks in advance.

Mac Book Pro 8Go RAM- 256 Go SSD (El Capitan - Pure Music + Audirvana + Dirac room corection) - Berkeley alpha USB - Dacs : Ayon CD5 + Shiit Yggdrasil - Isomax PC2XR - Preamp : Supratek Cortese - Power amps: Cary CAD 211 AE + Esoteric A03 - Integrated amp : Pathos Ethos - Speakers : Sonus Faber Stradivari Homage

• 1 month later...

I tried the Dirac trial and was fairly impressed by the results, and am still considering a purchase but I didn't like having to run the Audirvana/Dirac separate applications so am waiting for the Audirvana AU plugin (and any pricing of that) before deciding.

On another note though, is anyone here using Dirac Live stereo version in a 2.1 setup with a single subwoofer? I'm looking at adding a sub, and the ability to integrate it well using Dirac alone would be a plus, but am a bit confused as to how effective Dirac will be without using a active crossover or MiniDSP solution.

My setup would be:

Mac Mini > Audiolab MDAC DAC/Pre > Balanced XLR Out > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11s

and

Mac Mini > Audiolab MDAC DAC/Pre > RCA Out > ATC C1 active sub line-level input

Alternatively I could use the high-level sub inputs and go:

Mac Mini > Audiolab MDAC DAC/Pre > Balanced Out > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 and C1 sub

So my question really is, how effective will using Dirac Live alone on the Mac Mini be in integrating the sub and the mains in this setup? Or does that really require some kind of active crossover down the chain? Thanks in advance...

Mac Mini > RME ADI-2 DAC > Hypex Ncore monoblocks > ATC SCM-11 speakers & C1 subwoofer

Hallo

my stereosetup is two Nubert NuVero 7 (German loudspeakers) with two subs Nubert NuLine AW-600. Dirac is Running on an iMac 27". Independent on how the subs are integrated, e.g. parallel or between amplifier pre-out and main-in, Dirac will dramatically improve the sound of the bass. The roomodes have disappeared, so the subs are integrated very well, also in phase.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
In recent beta versions of Dirac, support of high frequencies is not consistent, 176.4 & 88.2 do not work as well..

I have a long list of bugs.. was looking if there is anyone else using Dirac today

There hasn't been an Update for a Long time, unfortunately. But I like Dirac on the Mac. I wish there would be a possibility to control the results by doing a second measurement an showing the results of the changings...

You too? So it is Dirac then.. I thought it is something else.. wow

We fried tweeter of my friend.. these are 65,000$ speakers

I measured and corrected with Dirac, and then measured the corrected version with Fuzzmeasure 3, which kept telling me to crank up the volume, so I blame it, not Dirac!

Fortunately, mine were $2K speakers, and B&W replaced the tweeter under warranty (even though I told them exactly what I had done).

VST?

Mostly, Kal.

I sent crash dumps to Dirac, sometimes it paladin crashes Jriver. I succeeded to catch this in debugger.

But the frequencies is something strange

I must say that I am surprised as I have not had any problems with it using JRMC on Win machines. No crashes, no tweeter damage and no anomalies.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

no tweeter damage

My tweeter was damaged using a different piece of software (Fuzzmeasure 3) in a way it was not intended to be used. It is by no means Dirac's fault at all.

In fact, before it failed, the other measuring program revealed that Dirac indeed was doing exactly what it claimed to be doing.

I am a huge fan of Dirac, and think it is money far better spent than it would be on something like a designer power cord or speaker cables or interconnects. The differences are real, audible, measurable, and a marked improvement. For people like me who don't have a lot of spare change, this really helps to maximize the potential of my system.

I use it every day (Mac OS X 10.11.x) without any issue. I use the AU beta plugin. It seems to help avoid a lot of these reported problems.

Ive used Dirac stereo for a few years now and can't imagine being without it (would love to see it replace Audyssey in the higher end pre/pros and receivers)

not it sure what updates are occurring but can't imagine leaving the plug in for A+; allows you to bypass core audio on Mac and use integer mode.

I have found the plugin to be far superior to the standalone interface.

Havent communicated with Flavio is quite some time (usually do directly); hope he can provide insight on an upgrade beyond current beta status.