IGNORED

The new 192 KHz version of Dirac Live is now online

flak

My tweeter was damaged using a different piece of software (Fuzzmeasure 3) in a way it was not intended to be used. It is by no means Dirac's fault at all.

In fact, before it failed, the other measuring program revealed that Dirac indeed was doing exactly what it claimed to be doing.

I am a huge fan of Dirac, and think it is money far better spent than it would be on something like a designer power cord or speaker cables or interconnects. The differences are real, audible, measurable, and a marked improvement. For people like me who don't have a lot of spare change, this really helps to maximize the potential of my system.

hmmm - I can't seem to get Dirac to work. Went through the calibration and using the filter created - Dirac is selected as output device in sound control panel. Filter is ON and Dirac says streaming. But - only sound is coming out of the left speaker.

Any clues?

Using Decibel player

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

hmmm - I can't seem to get Dirac to work. Went through the calibration and using the filter created - Dirac is selected as output device in sound control panel. Filter is ON and Dirac says streaming. But - only sound is coming out of the left speaker.

Any clues?

Using Decibel player

No clue. It could be a lot of things. I assume you have tried Dirac filter OFF as well as bypassing Dirac entirely. It seems like a job for Dirac Tech Support to figure out. That could be slow if not in Europe due to the time difference.

No clue. It could be a lot of things. I assume you have tried Dirac filter OFF as well as bypassing Dirac entirely. It seems like a job for Dirac Tech Support to figure out. That could be slow if not in Europe due to the time difference.

Does the same thing in iTunes as well- sound only out of left channel.

If I don't use Dirac Processing - sound is fine - both channels play

Using decibel - the Dirac processor control panel says streaming and filter On but sound only from left channel

see screen shot for settings...

Screen Shot 2016-11-27 at 12.10.20 PM.png

Dedicated 20A>>MacBook PRO Core i7>Decibel>Metric Halo LIO8(firewire) or Exasound e28(usb)>RedCo Mogami Multi Channel Snake Balanced Interconnect Cables via DB25 Neutrik Balanced Connectors 3 pin Male XLR-Blk/Gold or BJC RCA Cables

Dedicated 20A>>Dual APC LineVoltageRegulators 1200Wx2>>McCormack DNA 1 DLX mono blocks>Mogami W3104 bi-wire>Aerial 10T v2 Mounted to SoundAnchor Stands+Spikes

Separate 20A>>Dual HSU Research 10 inch Subwoofers

In the DAP - The up and down bars are your volume. Left is all the way up, right is down.

AFAIK, the sliders are for gain and delay. I see those two displayed as applying to Output 1 (0,0). One has to highlight Output2 to adjust its sliders although the values are displayed.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile