IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

• 5 weeks later...
It works fine. Thanks, Jussi.

This looks very interesting.

I have used SACD extractor to generate DFF files from ISO files.

Then I have converted DFF to DSF (for tagging) by using JRiver.

Now I have horrible pop noise.

Is this AuI ConverteR THE solution to eliminate the noise while keeping the sound quality?

This looks very interesting.

I have used SACD extractor to generate DFF files from ISO files.

Now I have horrible pop noise.

Is this AuI ConverteR THE solution to eliminate the noise while keeping the sound quality?

Yazsan55, we are discussing multiple tools here. The one that does ISO to DFF then to DSF (yet keeps the tags from the ISO contents) is Bogi's ISO2DSF, not the AuI converter. Which are you asking about? You referenced Bogi's quote yet said "AuI".

Yazsan55, we are discussing multiple tools here. The one that does ISO to DFF then to DSF (yet keeps the tags from the ISO contents) is Bogi's ISO2DSF, not the AuI converter. Which are you asking about? You referenced Bogi's quote yet said "AuI".

Sorry for the confusion I made.

I meant AuI.

So ISO2DSF is different from ISO2DSD (Sonore)?

Or more straight questions;

1. So ISO2DFS can extract DFF from ISO and convert to DFS with tags from ISO, WITHOUT making POP/Click noise?

2. If it still makes noise, I need to stick to DFF files but is there any way we can edit tag for DFF file?

Thanks for your help.

AND I am very grateful for your SACD ripping guide. That is fantastic and I appreciate your generosity of sharing your time and knowledge.

JRiver conversion is DFF to PCM and then PCM to DSF, so you loose some sound quality.

ISO2DSF uses DFF2DSF tool from Miska, which does this conversion without any quality loss (no PCM stage appears in the conversion).

So ISO2DSF is different from ISO2DSD (Sonore)?

Yes. Download the zip from http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files-21780/index8.html and read the PDF guide for overview how to install and use the tool.

Or more straight questions;

1. So ISO2DSF can extract DFF from ISO and convert to DSF with tags from ISO, WITHOUT making POP/Click noise?

If POP/Click noise was caused purely by sacd_extract to DSF conversion, then the currently known answer is yes. POP/Click noise can have more reasons. Give it a try.

2. If it still makes noise, I need to stick to DFF files but is there any way we can edit tag for DFF file?

No need to deal with non-standard DFF tags, when you will use ISO2DSF to create tagged DSF files.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Thank you very much for your advise.

I was working on your application and I have, in one folder, following files.

AddContextMenuItem.bat

dff2dsf.exe

dff2dsf_multi.bat

DFFtoDSFv110.pdf

license.txt

RemoveContextMenuItem.bat

According to the instruction, I just need to go to any dff files and right click.

I cannot see Sent to or another menu for DFF2DSF.

Am I missing something?

Thank you very much for your advise.

I was working on your application and I have, in one folder, following files.

AddContextMenuItem.bat

dff2dsf.exe

dff2dsf_multi.bat

DFFtoDSFv110.pdf

license.txt

RemoveContextMenuItem.bat

According to the instruction, I just need to go to any dff files and right click.

I cannot see Sent to or another menu for DFF2DSF.

Am I missing something?

You need to run AddContextMenuItem.bat.

After that, if you don't see the 'DFF to DSF' context menu item, use the corresponding part of ISO2DSF documentation, which is more complete in this area.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

Is there DSF2DFF converter also? As far I heard, only some strings in file header needs changing. Someone, who can wrote such programs, maybe include both options in one package: DFF2DSF and DSF2DFF. Bogi?

Sorry, english is not my native language.

Fools and fanatics are always certain of themselves, but wiser people are full of doubts.

Is there DSF2DFF converter also? As far I heard, only some strings in file header needs changing. Someone, who can wrote such programs, maybe include both options in one package: DFF2DSF and DSF2DFF. Bogi?

The entire data layout is different between the formats. So all the data needs to be rewritten. I would otherwise do such, but I never implemented DFF writing algorithms, because for my testing purposes DSF was enough (and better).

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

I started getting to know how it works.....

I can now see ISO2DSF is running, extracting DFF file to 'Unknown album Unknown Artist'

Then when it finishes its job, dff files disappear and Unknown artist - Unknown album.cue only remains. Nothing more.

What do you think?

Such troubles happened with some ISO's. In that case sacd_extract creates DFFs with corrupted (shortened) metadata. I have no easy solution for this case.

That sound great Miska, Kiitos kiitos!

I better wait until you release it. I have done nearly 400 ISOs extracted to DFF then converted to DFS by JRiver and POPPOP noises everywhere (I didn't have a player to check until today).

Next time I do this, I would rather do it right. When about do you think you'll release the fix?

Thank you for your answer.

I've tried 5 albums and all of them were making dff files with Unknown artist.

Then at the stage of DFF to DFS conversion, program delete all and make cue file.

So I might have done something not right...

All ISOs!

You have 400 ISOs and the first 5 do this thing ... I am surprised. I have no such ISO, but other forum member sent us such a DFF (extracted by Sonore ISO2DSD) and Miska found the shortened ID3 tag.

I am curious you got Unknown artist - Unknown album for all 5 these ISOs.

Please make a command line call for one of those ISOs and send me the generated CUE sheet.

sacd_extract.exe -C -i <ISO_file>

Miska, the newest dff2dsf.exe v1.2.2 reports error if pathname(s) contain spaces. Previously such filenames/pathnames were processed correctly, if they were enclosed in double quotes.