IGNORED

Fidelizer 6.0 Released with big update and upgrade program

Windows X

I don't get this. If running as Administrator works. Choosing software from Fidelizer and let it run after optimizations should work. I used start command in command prompt. Could you confirm if using start command works fine over there? Maybe I'll need to change a calling method.

Regards,

Windows X

Thank you for your suggestion.

hmm.. your opinion appreciated!

I typed in the command prompt window

start c:\program files\squeezebox\squeezetray.exe

message returned:

can't find c:\program

changed the directory with CD to:

C:\program files\squeezebox

then typed:

start squeezetray.exe

nothing happens...

just as when Pro attempts to start it... nothing....

does this mean my command prompt is shot?

I'm thinking....

I upgraded from 8 to 10, 10 chooses its own power plan every now and then, it just will not see any other pc's on the network, it will let other pc's see it but will not let them connect, I set auto log in but that seems to have forgotten and I need to log in each time.. the usb keyboard gets lost quite often that requires a reboot to get it back.. but just for a while.

I have been afraid to do a clean install but thinking about all the things wrong... maybe I should attempt it :-0

What do you think?

Cheers

DC

Thank you for your suggestion.

hmm.. your opinion appreciated!

I typed in the command prompt window

start c:\program files\squeezebox\squeezetray.exe

message returned:

can't find c:\program

changed the directory with CD to:

C:\program files\squeezebox

then typed:

start squeezetray.exe

nothing happens...

just as when Pro attempts to start it... nothing....

does this mean my command prompt is shot?

I'm thinking....

I upgraded from 8 to 10, 10 chooses its own power plan every now and then, it just will not see any other pc's on the network, it will let other pc's see it but will not let them connect, I set auto log in but that seems to have forgotten and I need to log in each time.. the usb keyboard gets lost quite often that requires a reboot to get it back.. but just for a while.

I have been afraid to do a clean install but thinking about all the things wrong... maybe I should attempt it :-0

What do you think?

Cheers

DC

You need to put double quote " before and after for path with space, like this.

start "Fidelized Player" /high "c:\program files\squeezebox\squeezetray.exe"

I would recommend clean install of Windows 10 if possible. Upgrade works but they mostly don't get everything right. Reinstalling solved a few issues for my case.

Regards,

Windows X

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

header.jpg

Fidelizer started as a geek software written with personal passion to improve audio performance in Windows. It was really like from geek to geek product that most people would find it hard to use. Although I tried to make it much easier to use since version 6, it still wasn’t easy to use for end user.

So, version 7 will be a brand new start to refresh the focus of Fidelizer, a product designed for audiophiles. There’s a lot of changes in user experience along with audio improvements you’ll never see before as I already promised below.

1. Better user experience – Much easier to use with Optimization Wizard that shows only main features selection with description and UX is professionally done with own materials and design.

2. Improve audio optimizations – Audio optimizations will be revised and improved to suit modern needs better with improved optimizations like Hyper-Threading support for an example.

3. Machine Configuration upgrade – Machine Configuration will be revamped again. Free will have default option, Plus will have 3 options and Pro will have 7 options.

4. Improve Windows 10 services management – Fidelizer will shutdown more Windows 10’s specific services for lower footprints.

5. User experience unified – In past, Pro version handles services in Extremist differently so it’s hard to maintain the usability. Now all 3 versions will follow the same design principles.

There’s some parts in free version I’d like to explain here. Because I received a few reports of the following cases in free version as below:

1. Degraded sound quality in YouTube, Tidal and NAS – They don’t realize that they should select Network Streaming optimization level.

2. Network connection not working after using Fidelizer – I already set keep network services selected by default but some people unchecked it not knowing they’ll lose network connection.

As a result, I decided to revise free version to have default option that works good on both local/network storage and removed stopping network services to avoid future user error cases. I hope you’ll like this major upgrade of Fidelizer.

Changelog for version 7.0

Free

-Added optimization wizard to explain main features better

-Improved core optimizations to work better intensive audio processing application such as DSD upsampling

-Launching media player application after optimizations is now optional since there’s no side effects to new process on higher levels

-Merged Network streaming optimizations into main optimizations as “General Purpose” Audio Profile

-Rebranding logo and user experience design

-Revised Fidelizer Upgrade Program instructions to perform update without using Key-Generation Utility

-Services to keep such as Network and User Experience won’t be stopped anymore in new configuration

Plus

-Added Audio Profile feature with 3 profiles

-Improved core optimizations to work better intensive audio processing application such as DSD upsampling

-Improved optimizations compatibility with Hyper-Threading technology

-Improved Windows 10/Server 2016 services management

-Launching media player application after optimizations is now optional since there’s no side effects to new process on higher levels

-Moved Network streaming from User Level to Audio Profile instead to work with stopping services better

-Revised Fidelizer Upgrade Program instructions to perform update without using Key-Generation Utility

Pro

-Improved memory optimizations in system configuration for neutral sound with better transparency

-Improved optimizations compatibility with Hyper-Threading technology

-Improved Windows 10/Server 2016 services management

-Moved Network streaming from User Level to Audio Profile instead to work with stopping services better

-Reworked Machine Configuration as Audio Profile feature with 7 profiles

There’s a lot of changes in user experience and how internal optimizations work so let me know if you have any issue in version 7.0. I tested with some customers and confirmed before releasing it so I hope everything will go well for you.

Download: Fidelizer 7.0

Upgrade: Fidelizer Upgrade Program

Fidelizer Plus/Pro users who pre-order Fidelizer 7 Upgrade before should have received a mail about update and download link by now. If you somehow didn’t receive an update notification as I received some delivery failure message too, please contact me for an update with your customer data to verify.

I bought Fidelizer 6 to use with HQ Player and I have been enjoying it. Since HQ Player uses Cuda offload to send most of the processing to the GPU I have core optimizations turned off. Now in the new version 7 is there a setting for use with the latest HQ Player and Cuda offload? HQP Player does its own core optimization.

I downloaded your free version of 7 and I turned off core settings and it seems to work but I have no idea if that is the best approach for use with HQ Player? I am using this with my Windows 10 computer. Any advice?

I wanted to try this before buying an upgrade but I see settings for JPlay and Foobar nothing for HQ Player?

I bought Fidelizer 6 to use with HQ Player and I have been enjoying it. Since HQ Player uses Cuda offload to send most of the processing to the GPU I have core optimizations turned off. Now in the new version 7 is there a setting for use with the latest HQ Player and Cuda offload? HQP Player does its own core optimization.

I downloaded your free version of 7 and I turned off core settings and it seems to work but I have no idea if that is the best approach for use with HQ Player? I am using this with my Windows 10 computer. Any advice?

I wanted to try this before buying an upgrade but I see settings for JPlay and Foobar nothing for HQ Player?

I'm running 7.0 Pro on a Windows 10, 16 core machine. I also have a CUDA enabled card for HQ Player offload. I only use this machine to process files sent from Roon (different machine) to send to a HQ player NAA (Sonicorbiter SE). I have Fidelizer set to purist and streamer (Windows X suggested this for my use given the machine doesn't have to send USB out). I haven't changed any of the default settings. When HQ Player engages, CUDA is reading as enabled in HQplayer so I don't think you have to do anything to turn CUDA on with the current build...unless the free version is different than the pro version in this.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

I'm running 7.0 Pro on a Windows 10, 16 core machine. I also have a CUDA enabled card for HQ Player offload. I only use this machine to process files sent from Roon (different machine) to send to a HQ player NAA (Sonicorbiter SE). I have Fidelizer set to purist and streamer (Windows X suggested this for my use given the machine doesn't have to send USB out). I haven't changed any of the default settings. When HQ Player engages, CUDA is reading as enabled in HQplayer so I don't think you have to do anything to turn CUDA on with the current build...unless the free version is different than the pro version in this.

Robert

Thanks for your comments but my question really ran mostly to the issue of core optimization use within Fidelizer when using HQ Player. Since you also use HQP you know that it has its own core optimization scheme and Miska suggests not to use any other. I have tried the free version of 7 and just unchecked the core optimization and it all works but I have no idea if that is the best approach. I will say with a brief two hour session I found Fidelizer 7 certainly different sounding than my latest version of 6 Plus on my windows 10 computer (I use usb). So far I have the impression it is an improvement but it is so different I want to listen more before reaching a conclusion.

Thanks for your comments but my question really ran mostly to the issue of core optimization use within Fidelizer when using HQ Player. Since you also use HQP you know that it has its own core optimization scheme and Miska suggests not to use any other. I have tried the free version of 7 and just unchecked the core optimization and it all works but I have no idea if that is the best approach. I will say with a brief two hour session I found Fidelizer 7 certainly different sounding than my latest version of 6 Plus on my windows 10 computer (I use usb). So far I have the impression it is an improvement but it is so different I want to listen more before reaching a conclusion.

I was chatting with Windows X today via email and he suggested that I keep both his optimization and the HQplayer SDM pipeline turned on. Apparently the fidelizer core optimizations just spread processes across the cores. In contrast HQplayer's SDM pipeline spreads the HQplayer load across the cores. I just did a series of tests where I upsampled DSD64, DSD128, and DSD256 to DSD256. My machine is pretty powerful so none of these are a very big challenge...DSD64 to DSD256 pulls about 9-10% CPU and 256 to 256 pulls about 13%. I ran with and without the fidelizer core optimization engaged and with and without the HQplayer SDM pipeline.

In general it appeared that the fidelizer optimization tended to spread things out a bit more...but it wasn't dramatic. Likewise, HQplayer SDM pipeline also spreads things out a bit more regardless of whether the fidelizer was engaged or not. The bottom line is that I have so few processes other hqplayer pulling significant load I don't think it really makes much difference. I do think that SDM pipeline is valuable if you are running a quad (or more) core machine...but it will really depend on what you are trying to do and how fast the single-core processor speed is. HQplayer appears to use 4 to 8 cores if SDM is engaged. Jussi has mentioned possibly trying to expand this in the future.

Incidentally enabled CUDA does increase the number of threads and handles and slightly decreases the processor utilization even when fidelizer core optimization is engaged.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Incidentally enabled CUDA does increase the number of threads and handles and slightly decreases the processor utilization even when fidelizer core optimization is engaged.

Robert

once again, thanks for your comments. I also have a fairly high powered computer and I find that the Cuda offload with HQP is a great advantage. I can run 16/44 source and upsample to DSD 256 or even DSD 512 without any problem and very reasonable core usage. The Gpu does most of the work.

I guess I am curious about how others including yourself find the sonic improvements in version 7 over the latest version 6? I personally found them to sound very different. I have already commented that my initial impression from a brief listen was that although very different, version 7 sounded better. I would be interested in comments from other users.

My first impression was that Fidelizer 7 pro had a somewhat duller sound. But then I realized my expectations might have been just too high and it was disappointment instead of deteriorated SQ. Therefore my conclusion is that the sound quality has remained the same (in my system).

Sorry for late reply. I was busy with traveling back to my place and organizing stuff from laptop to main PC yesterday.

installed 7.0 can't get any music to play, keeps asking to restart.

Have you tried uninstalling previous version first and then install 7.0?

was using 6.14 without any problems, installed 7.0, ran for a while now it says it was not built to run with this machine, computer is acting very strange, can't uninstall 7.0. not happy

That's strange. You can install 7.0 just now. It looks like Windows Management Instrumentation service isn't working properly. Are you using AO and made some changes recently? Please check User Guide for recommended settings with AO.

By the way, you can uninstall Fidelizer Pro 7.0 with this software.

http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/downloads/fidelizer_pro_uninstaller.zip

Fidelizer doesn't tamper HQPlayer's core affinity if you run after optimizations or with Fidelizer as media player application. You can try it without worries.

Use Fidelizer 7 Pro on WIN 2012 R2 without any problem

Glad to hear it's working fine on 2012 R2. :)

My first impression was that Fidelizer 7 pro had a somewhat duller sound. But then I realized my expectations might have been just too high and it was disappointment instead of deteriorated SQ. Therefore my conclusion is that the sound quality has remained the same (in my system).

Fidelizer 7 Pro has 7 audio profiles. Could you tell me about your system setup and your Fidelizer Pro 7 configuration? You may want to try Audio/Network Render for optimal audio playback.

Let me know if you have any questions about Fidelizer 7.

Regards,

Windows X

Just installed 7.0 Pro. What is the recommended audio profile setting in Purist mode with Roon/HQ Player on the same Win 10 machine?

I am streaming Tidal in this scenario.

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

Just installed 7.0 Pro. What is the recommended audio profile setting in Purist mode with Roon/HQ Player on the same Win 10 machine?

I am streaming Tidal in this scenario.

Since HQPlayer comes with extensive DSP features, I recommend Purist/Network Player combination.

Regards,

Windows X

Sorry for late reply. I was busy with traveling back to my place and organizing stuff from laptop to main PC yesterday.

Fidelizer 7 Pro has 7 audio profiles. Could you tell me about your system setup and your Fidelizer Pro 7 configuration? You may want to try Audio/Network Render for optimal audio playback.

Let me know if you have any questions about Fidelizer 7.

Regards,

Windows X

Thanks for your comments.

My system setup is: NAS > Router > HTPC/Windows 10 > DAC. I have tried 'Audio Render' and 'Network Render', both in Purist mode. The other settings do not apply for me right?. Furthermore I have all the options checked.

I like 'Audio Render' most, more forward and less fuzzy sound. But like I said, all works fine but I don't hear any improvement compared to Fidelizer 6.13 (didn't install 6.14).

Just installed Fidelizer 7.0 Free, Purist, all checked. Using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, JRiver MC21/JPLAY 6.2 official.

Initial impressions are of a somewhat fuller/thicker and warmer sound. There's a sameness now to most of my rather diverse (and differently recorded) music in its sonic signature that I don't quite like. I miss contrast, bite, and a bit of clarity and "lightness." Sometimes the sound even borders on being slightly muddled.

To be honest this, to my ears, sounds like a character is imposed - something that doesn't aid the signal to better fruition into what it is, but rather blends into it as something it isn't.

Back to 6.12 for now. Would like to learn of the impressions of others on v/7.0.

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

Just installed Fidelizer 7.0 Free, Purist, all checked. Using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, JRiver MC21/JPLAY 6.2 official.

Initial impressions are of a somewhat fuller/thicker and warmer sound. There's a sameness now to most of my rather diverse (and differently recorded) music in its sonic signature that I don't quite like. I miss contrast, bite, and a bit of clarity and "lightness." Sometimes the sound even borders on being slightly muddled.

To be honest this, to my ears, sounds like a character is imposed - something that doesn't aid the signal to better fruition into what it is, but rather blends into it as something it isn't.

Back to 6.12 for now. Would like to learn of the impressions of others on v/7.0.

I was happy to see your post. I was beginning to think I was the only one who found a significant sonic difference between 6.14 plus and version 7 (demo). I am not prepared to say one sounds better than the other but I find that there is an obvious difference in the sound. I wonder how others might find this? I would also be interested in comments about this from Windows X.

I was happy to see your post. I was beginning to think I was the only one who found a significant sonic difference between 6.14 plus and version 7 (demo). I am not prepared to say one sounds better than the other but I find that there is an obvious difference in the sound. I wonder how others might find this? I would also be interested in comments about this from Windows X.

Chodi --

How would you, in more detail, describe the "significant sonic difference"?

Source: Synology NAS > DIY Mediaserver • Software: JRiver MC31/Fidelizer Pro Optical output: ASUS Xonar AE 24/192 • DAC/preamp: Blue Cheese Audio Roquefort Digital cross-over: Xilica XP-3060 • Speakers: Electro-Voice TS9040D LX (for active config.)  Subwoofers: 2 x MicroWrecker Tapped Horns • EV horns amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV bass amp: MC² Audio T1500 • Subs amp: MC² Audio T2000 • EV horns cables: Mundorf silver/gold 1mm solid-core • IC: Mundorf silver/gold XLR/Mogami 2549 XLR/Cordial CMK Road 250 XLR • Subs and EV bass cable: Cordial CLS 425 • Power cables: 15AWG Solid-core wire w/IeGo pure copper plugs (DIY)

Thanks for your comments.

My system setup is: NAS > Router > HTPC/Windows 10 > DAC. I have tried 'Audio Render' and 'Network Render', both in Purist mode. The other settings do not apply for me right?. Furthermore I have all the options checked.

I like 'Audio Render' most, more forward and less fuzzy sound. But like I said, all works fine but I don't hear any improvement compared to Fidelizer 6.13 (didn't install 6.14).

From your setup, either Network Render or Network Player should be optimal configuration to play from NAS. Version 7 is like refinement so expecting for ground breaking improvements may not meet up to your expectations as you said before.

I still recommend to choose Network Player/Render for NAS playback since that should work more correct to design with full network utilization. You might consider trying different cables or change some tweaks with your systems for better result.

Free version of Fidelizer 7 is generalized to single route. There's only one audio profile for both local/network audio playback so there're bounded to have ups and downs (For free version only). Some people often choose wrong optimizations and complain so I made it work for both instead this time.

Plus/Pro version will have more profiles with refinements I believe it's working better than before comparing to 6.14. There's a good reason why I made such changes from designing and listening tests.

Regards,

Windows X