IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

This is odd, I was told when I asked that it came with a cable for both the connection from the power supply to the Aries as well as one from the power supply to the wall.

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Yes, every thread has "that guy" who asks the silliest of questions. Until I get the hang of this stuff, I am THAT guy I guess.

I just received my Aries LE. It has everything I need with the exception of the power cord that goes from the "wall" to the supply. Am I missing something I am supposed to have? Is that my responsibility to supply that piece of the puzzle? And if so, is that typical???

Thanks!

So you have the Aries LE version WITH the linear PSU? I thought that came only with the more expensive version...

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

I misspoke. I have the higher end "Aries", not the Aries LE. That being said, my unit came with the upgraded external power supply as well as the cable that attaches the power supply to the Aries. What my shipment lacked, was a power supply that goes from the wall to the power supply itself.

I've sent an email to support as well as left a phone message with the North American Auralic sales rep.

I misspoke. I have the higher end "Aries", not the Aries LE. That being said, my unit came with the upgraded external power supply as well as the cable that attaches the power supply to the Aries. What my shipment lacked, was a power supply that goes from the wall to the power supply itself.

I've sent an email to support as well as left a phone message with the North American Auralic sales rep.

If you've spent the dough on the linear power supply version of the Aries, you are doing it a misdeed pairing the supply with a cheap $2 power cable. Spend some money on a high quality power cable so you can use it to its potential. That might be the reason why it didn't come with a cable. I've purchased audiophile gears that doesn't come with cable because they assume you will pair it with a high grade power cable yourself.

If you've spent the dough on the linear power supply version of the Aries, you are doing it a misdeed pairing the supply with a cheap $2 power cable. Spend some money on a high quality power cable so you can use it to its potential. That might be the reason why it didn't come with a cable. I've purchased audiophile gears that doesn't come with cable because they assume you will pair it with a high grade power cable yourself.

Fair enough. The audiophile gear I've purchased in the past has always been mid level I suppose. But to be honest, that's how I would classify the Aries. I've never purchased a piece of electronics that didn't have a power cord, so that's a new one for me, hence my inquiry.

I don't argue that a higher end power cord is less a "misdeed" than something cheaper, but it just came as a surprise. To me "UP"grading means you move UP from something more entry level. This arrives with no ability to turn the product on out of the box. I would think that should be at least noted somewhere, so I can plan for it or factor it in to my decision to purchase.

But you guys teach me, if this is standard fare, then consider me "schooled".

I cannot recollect ever purchasing any sort of electronic device that required, but did not include a power cord, save for music effect pedals that could run on batteries as well (in which case the batteries were included).

Just took a look at Auralic's website. While they don't show a user guide for the Aries yet, the other products' user guides show an AC Power Cord included. So I would guess that this was a mistake by whomever or whatever packed your unit. Did your Aries come with a user guide? If so, it should show whether or not a cord was supposed to be included.

Jim

Well, I should give Auralic the benefit of the doubt until I get a real answer. There are users here who have the product, so hopefully one of them will chime in and set the record straight. I imagine if it was accidentally left out of the box, they will correct the problem.

Just took a look at Auralic's website. While they don't show a user guide for the Aries yet, the other products' user guides show an AC Power Cord included. So I would guess that this was a mistake by whomever or whatever packed your unit. Did your Aries come with a user guide? If so, it should show whether or not a cord was supposed to be included.

Jim

I have the guide here. It doesn't include those details unfortunately. I'm going to ease back from any assumptions at this point. I'm guessing this was a little mistake.

Thanks.

Jim

Mine came without a power cord. I am actually very happy about that as over the years I have collected tons of those cords, now all just sitting in a closet. No wonder copper prices have risen over the years...

All great audio gear benefits from better power cords, and Aries is no exception. I use a LessLoss cable - expensive but worth it.

Mine came without a power cord. I am actually very happy about that as over the years I have collected tons of those cords, now all just sitting in a closet. No wonder copper prices have risen over the years...

All great audio gear benefits from better power cords, and Aries is no exception. I use a LessLoss cable - expensive but worth it.

Wang from Auralic was just kind enough to email me and clarify that they do NOT include an AC power cord, for the very reason some of you are stating. Most audiophiles do not use them.

As I said earlier, consider me "schooled".

I cannot recollect ever purchasing any sort of electronic device that required, but did not include a power cord, save for music effect pedals that could run on batteries as well (in which case the batteries were included).

Me too and I've bought my share.

rogerdn

Wang from Auralic was just kind enough to email me and clarify that they do NOT include an AC power cord, for the very reason some of you are stating. Most audiophiles do not use them.

As I said earlier, consider me "schooled".

Interesting, he told me it came with a 1.2 meter cable between the Aries and the power supply, and a 1.2 meter IEC for the power supply. So I find that quite disappointing.

Barr

That seems a bit on the "cheap" side to me. I have plenty of extra power cords, but they still ought to include one for those like eligeorgia. My Teddy Pardo PS didn't come with one, but that was understandable as it was shipped direct to me from Israel and just adding the power cord would have increased the shipping cost substantially.

That seems a bit on the "cheap" side to me. I have plenty of extra power cords, but they still ought to include one for those like eligeorgia. My Teddy Pardo PS didn't come with one, but that was understandable as it was shipped direct to me from Israel and just adding the power cord would have increased the shipping cost substantially.

Well, the AREIS does come from China...no excuse though. The Pardo unit is ~$450 depending on the unit. Again, for me, the power cord is the least of the issues. The software needs a lot of help.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos