IGNORED

Auralic Aries (Hardware) - Impressions and Information

Interesting, he told me it came with a 1.2 meter cable between the Aries and the power supply, and a 1.2 meter IEC for the power supply. So I find that quite disappointing.

Barr

We ordered customized slim type to fit into ARIES box, but it sounds just not RIGHT. I am not a cable believer but my sense tell me I can not attach this one...

If you want to become a cable believer and want a try, please just PM me your address. I will mail you one, but dont hate me after you can hear the difference.

I'm perfectly fine with you not including a cheap power cord. In my 25 years of this hobby I've yet to come across a component that didn't benefit from a good power cable.

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

We ordered customized slim type to fit into ARIES box, but it sounds just not RIGHT. I am not a cable believer but my sense tell me I can not attach this one...

If you want to become a cable believer and want a try, please just PM me your address. I will mail you one, but dont hate me after you can hear the difference.

Mr. Wang, I appreciate you responding to my complaint directly. If you believe that an after market power cable would sound better than the power cable you had ordered for the linear power supply, then I do accept that. Just as I accept your opinion that wireless sounds better than an ethernet connection with the Aries. My Aries should arrive on Tuesday and I am looking forward to it.

My only suggestion would to be clear on the marketing material you have for the Aries that a power cord is not supplied and that you recommend the use of an after market power cord.

I believe there are many of us quite excited about this product, so our expectations are high, whatever method you can offer for us to provide feedback to you, and hear back from you would be well received.

Thank you.

Barr

Silver Circle Audio | Roon | Devialet | Synology | Vivid Audio | Stillpoint Aperture | Auralic | DH Labs

Fortunately, it does: SQ is very good! Agree on the software, although things are working quite well with Lumin app now.

Yeah I have downloaded the Lumin app and it appears very stable,shows all artwork and most important categorizes all artists and albums properly so I can locate what I want to hear quickly.

I received my Aries today and got it up & running w/o any problems - pure plug & play. I have a Metrum DAC with a M2Tech hiFace1 based USB board which uses a custom protocol/driver. So as expected, I have to use the Aries coax output with the Metrum.

So my question for Mr Wang: is there any chance that you may support hiFace1 based DACs in the future? I have read somewhere that the Aries runs a Linux kernel. The hiFace1 Linux driver is included in newer kernels and can be compiled easily into older ones (I did it myself for the Squeezebox Touch).

I have disabled the digital volume control in my Aries. I also would like to switch off the display and have done so using the remote. However, the remote for my Naim preamp uses the same IR codes as the Aries remote, and the Aries display wakes up and stays lit the next time I adjust the volume on my preamp.

This makes the display-off functionality less useful. It also happens if I use the (inactive) volume button on the Aries remote.

The expected behaviour IMO should be that the display should stay off when told so.

It looks like a symbol to indicate the (+) and (-) charge of the pin and sleeve. I guess it was black out because they got it backward.

2 Ch stereo

Auralic Aries>Wireworld AES>Kitsune Holo Spring DAC L3>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>Sonic Euphoria (fully balance autoformer)>Van Den Hul-The Second balance cable>D-Sonic M3-1200S-A (Anaview AMS1000-2600)>Synergistic Tesla Accelerator cable>Ohm 3000 speakers plus Omni Harmonizer super tweeter

I received my Aries today and got it up & running w/o any problems - pure plug & play. I have a Metrum DAC with a M2Tech hiFace1 based USB board which uses a custom protocol/driver. So as expected, I have to use the Aries coax output with the Metrum.

So my question for Mr Wang: is there any chance that you may support hiFace1 based DACs in the future? I have read somewhere that the Aries runs a Linux kernel. The hiFace1 Linux driver is included in newer kernels and can be compiled easily into older ones (I did it myself for the Squeezebox Touch).

Yes, we create a customized realtime Linux kernel. There will be no problem ti integrate the driver if we have source code. This is the same with Mytek 192DSD, we have found the driver code on github and the kernel engineer is looking into it now.

So the manufacturer got the polarity markings wrong and your ok with that ?

I am not OK at all. But what can we do when been kidnapped by the supplier after paid $$$$$ for plastic injection mold already? Delay shipping for another 60 days waiting for replacement?

Yeah wait another 60 days .I would be worried that other more significant errors were made to the unit internally after seeing that .

mine too and for the whole batch. (+) and (-) are revised when i got the component.

Sorry but as the manufacturer you should have fixed this. If it's made to spec and the spec that you supplied is correct, then they the case manufacturer eats it. If it's the other way, then you eat it. Certainly sending units out to customers is a beta unit. This isn't correct how we do business in the USA. Not me at least.

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Since nobody else seems willing to do it, I will. Since we all own a beta unit this is how it's done.

I found that plugging the unit in into LAN (hardwired) is the quickest way possible for the DS App to see the unit. After that, it takes some clicking on the app since it's a bit slow compared to JRiver. However, it will kinda work. So, once you get it all connected which is very simple you will need to update the firmware. You must let it just sit and talk to the AURALiC firmware ghost. I had to go out and came back after a few hours and the 1.5 update was waiting waiting for me to approve. Below are some screen shots which are very self explanatory. The firmware version is in the lower right hand corner. One more thing, use hardwire to get it going and then you can just click "wireless" in the DS app and switch over. Mine is playing now as I type this.

1.4.jpg

1.5.jpg

updating.jpg

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Sorry but as the manufacturer you should have fixed this. If it's made to spec and the spec that you supplied is correct, then they the case manufacturer eats it. If it's the other way, then you eat it. Certainly sending units out to customers is a beta unit. This isn't correct how we do business in the USA. Not me at least.

I dont think this is the correct place to complain but just want to tell you the true story.

After eating a whole batch of 2000pcs NG(not good from our standard) parts in May, the supplier was unwilling to provide any future service even we double the price. After a long negotiation with them, they agreed to delivered 1000pcs that meet our QC standard at doubled price. After the parts arrived, there are still 50% rejected, however, they wont accept any return so we have to pay for everything. The print error on all 1000pcs is actually last issue we have concern.

The supplier has been cut off already but we will loss the money we already invested for plastic mold (probably cant be used for other supplier) and looking for a new one. The major problem is looking for another supplier. We no longer taking new order since middle of July because of this but has to fulfil existing back orders.

HiFi is not a good industry, small quantity but high quality standard, no supplier is willing to work with. Huge money lost already, something we paid for the lesson as the first time we use plastic, never mind...

I dont think this is the correct place to complain but just want to tell you the true story.

After eating a whole batch of 2000pcs NG(not good from our standard) parts in May, the supplier was unwilling to provide any future service even we double the price. After a long negotiation with them, they agreed to delivered 1000pcs that meet our QC standard at doubled price. After the parts arrived, there are still 50% rejected, however, they wont accept any return so we have to pay for everything. The print error on all 1000pcs is actually last issue we have concern.

The supplier has been cut off already but we will loss the money we already invested for plastic mold (probably cant be used for other supplier) and looking for a new one. The major problem is looking for another supplier. We no longer taking new order since middle of July because of this but has to fulfil existing back orders.

HiFi is not a good industry, small quantity but high quality standard, no supplier is willing to work with. Huge money lost already, something we paid for the lesson as the first time we use plastic, never mind...

I'm not complaining, I'm stating a fact. Send me the drawings and I'll have my injection molder quote it. Perhaps you ought to think about manufacturing in the USA. It can be done (Schiit has proved this) but it takes work.

I'm sorry for the lost money, it's terrible that you have to go through that but is it fair for the customer to eat it too with nothing said? I don't think so.

Oh, since some have asked for some reason here is the LPS. Why one would pay the extra money for the Femto Clocks and LPS and then pay for another LPS is beyond me but this hobby doesn't make sense most of the time. ;-)

For your pleasure.

LPS.JPG

One more thing since we're speaking about power. The remote does not come with (2) AAA batteries so you will need them too. Plan ahead! Power cord and (2) AAA batteries.

Wang;

Thanks for sharing this info.

Is there anything else (hardware wise) that needs to be fixed from batch1 to batch2, or is it just the case marking?