IGNORED

HQ Player

I am trying to install HQPlayer 3.16.4 (64 Bit) onto an older PC running Linux Mint 18.2 (Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 3.2GHz, 2G Ram). I realise that it won't be suitable for PCM to DSD, but I can live with that.

HQPlayer installs OK but fails to run, because the CPU does not support the SSE4.2 instruction set.

So I am wanting to download the last version of HQPlayer that does not require the CPU to support the SSE4.2 instruction set. The Signalist website only offers the latest version.

Can someone supply that version of HQPlayer please? 

Also I was considering installing Miska's custom kernel from https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/xenial/

Do I simply install the appropriate linux-image and linux-headers packages?

Regards, Rob

38 minutes ago, sonata said:

I am trying to install HQPlayer 3.16.4 (64 Bit) onto an older PC running Linux Mint 18.2 (Intel Core 2 Duo E7200, 3.2GHz, 2G Ram). I realise that it won't be suitable for PCM to DSD, but I can live with that.

HQPlayer installs OK but fails to run, because the CPU does not support the SSE4.2 instruction set.

So I am wanting to download the last version of HQPlayer that does not require the CPU to support the SSE4.2 instruction set. The Signalist website only offers the latest version.

Can someone supply that version of HQPlayer please? 

Also I was considering installing Miska's custom kernel from https://www.sonarnerd.net/src/xenial/

Do I simply install the appropriate linux-image and linux-headers packages?

Regards, Rob

At Signalyst go to News and download 3.13

1 hour ago, bibo01 said:

At Signalyst go to News and download 3.13

Hi bibo01, I tried going to MAIN then NEWS, but when I click on the link for V3.13.3, the only version available to download is 3.16.4

I reset Safari and also tried Chrome, but not luck.

What am I doing wrong?

16 hours ago, Miska said:

Then it works! :D

Does the samplerate drop-list in main window list 44100 as available rate? Note that some buggy drivers also fail to actually switch or use the rates they advertise.

depending on the values set in windows soundmixer I can play 48, 96 and 192 or 44, 88 and 176 using wasapi. Soundmixer settings should not be of any concern but they are in this case; Pink Faun I2s bridge using Cmedia (CM8828 i guess) into Pink Faun DAC 2.32 (PCM1795). You discussed this earlier with Jord @ PinkFaun, ring a bell? One option is that the problem is in HQP's wasapi implementation, in which case you probably can and will fix it one day...

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

22 hours ago, sonata said:

HQPlayer installs OK for me on Linux Mint 8.2, but fails to run because my CPU does not support the SSE4.2 instruction set. So I am wanting to download the last version of HQPlayer that does not require the CPU to support the SSE4.2 instruction set - I understand this is V3.13.3

When I go to the Signalise website, it only offers me the latest version.

Can someone supply HQPlayer version 3.13.3 or lower please? 

Thanks, Rob

Miska or anyone else, can you help me with HQP 3.13.3 for Linux? Thanks

12 minutes ago, bibo01 said:

I would gladly help you as I have it, unfortunately I cannot access my PC right now because of a main switch problem. So I hope someone else will help you out.

Thanks bibo01.

Maybe you could PM me later when your switch is working again. Rob

On 7/6/2017 at 4:37 PM, jdubs said:

Hey Guys

What horsepower is needed to upsample 16/44.1 to DSD (128 or 256)?  Can a new Apollo Lake NUC do it?

Thanks,

Jim

Like maybe a minimum PassMark score or something like that?  

-Jim

8 hours ago, jdubs said:

Like maybe a minimum PassMark score or something like that?  

-Jim

IMO, It wouldn't be able to do all filters to DSD128 nevermind DSD256.  It would be wise to move up the NUC models.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

9 hours ago, bibo01 said:

It's a laptop that requires service. It's going to take a few days, so after WE.

If you haven't received help in the meantime, which I hope so, I will PM you.

I tried the main web page where all the versions are listed and it takes you here where only the latest version can be downloaded. Maybe miska can help? Trying a random selection of versions it seems all links now point to 3.16.4.

🎸🎶🏔️🐺

On 7.7.2017 at 4:33 PM, m3lraaHnevetS said:

depending on the values set in windows soundmixer I can play 48, 96 and 192 or 44, 88 and 176 using wasapi. Soundmixer settings should not be of any concern but they are in this case; Pink Faun I2s bridge using Cmedia (CM8828 i guess) into Pink Faun DAC 2.32 (PCM1795). You discussed this earlier with Jord @ PinkFaun, ring a bell? One option is that the problem is in HQP's wasapi implementation, in which case you probably can and will fix it one day...

Ahh, yeah, buggy driver. Quite typical for C-Media/Realtek/etc. Should work better on Linux...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Ahh, yeah, buggy driver. Quite typical for C-Media/Realtek/etc. Should work better on Linux...

Buggy indeed, somehow I got none, none, 192, auto to work on redbook?! HQP, Roon and DAC where all showing 192 so I am pretty sure about the frequency but how can this happen without a filter active? I have been trying to repeat this behavior because the sound was great but sadly have not managed yet. Some funky stuff going on here ?

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

Sorry, I only have the window version i think not the linux. Miska should able to help. just drop him a PM.

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

Hi guys.

While I read the 386 pages of this thread, maybe someone can help.

Yesterday I downloaded the HQP software and I can't make it to upsample to DSD without problems.

I have an Core i7 4770, Windows 7x64, and an Oppo Sonica Dac via USB.

There are some noises an glitches on SDM mode.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Murkboy said:

Can you help me?

can you please post a pic of your settings?  I have an old i7-3770s pc that I upsample redbook to DSD512 so your machine should be able to do this as well with the right combination of settings of course.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

First, try any of the -2s oversampling options.  The non -2s ones are pretty CPU intensive.  Also, for max volume set it to -3db to make sure you dont have clipping.  Let me know if this works.

Also can you please post a pic from the main page? I am interesting in seeing the settings in the drop down menus.

BTW, it looks like your DAC is capable of DSD512.  A lot of people feel 512 sounds better than 256 but lets first make sure we can get 256 or perhaps even 64 or 128 to play.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

8 minutes ago, Murkboy said:

Still problems... what's the best option in "modulator"?

Pls post a pic from your main page.

When you say problems, what is happening?

Other components:

The drop down lists on the main page should match whats in the settings.  Can you pls manually adjust the drop downs?  Also, pls open windows resource monitor and see what the CPU usage is like just to be sure.  

Other components:

1 hour ago, Murkboy said:

Noises on the reproduction of the tracks:

19577335_10214261156829226_7157700404819345812_o.jpg

A few suggestions, though not sure how well they will work for you:

* If you don't have an NVIDIA graphics card in your PC, uncheck "CUDA Offload"

* Change "DAC bits" back to Default

* Try "SDM Pack" settings of "none" (native DSD) and DoP.  Your DAC only supports native DSD at DSD512, but at DSD256 and lower try both settings to see if one works better than the other

* Set "Multicore DSP" to full tick mark (instead of just grey square)

* Set Windows power plan to "High performance".  "Balanced" and "Power saver" plans cause constant stuttering with my HQPlayer up-sampling 24/192K PCM to DSD512

12 minutes ago, scan80269 said:

A few suggestions, though not sure how well they will work for you:

* If you don't have an NVIDIA graphics card in your PC, uncheck "CUDA Offload"

* Change "DAC bits" back to Default

* Try "SDM Pack" settings of "none" (native DSD) and DoP.  Your DAC only supports native DSD at DSD512, but at DSD256 and lower try both settings to see if one works better than the other

* Set "Multicore DSP" to full tick mark (instead of just grey square)

* Set Windows power plan to "High performance".  "Balanced" and "Power saver" plans cause constant stuttering with my HQPlayer up-sampling 24/192K PCM to DSD512

Thanks, now it's better.

I have an Asus GTX 950 OC

My plan was in "high performance"

Can I improve my settings?

19577335_10214261156829226_7157700404819345812_o.jpg