IGNORED

HQ Player

Love the sound of HQPlayer on my Mac, but not the library management. Right now I'm dragging and dropping from JRiver Media Player 21 and that seems to give me most of what I want-- most essentially to organize both Flac and DSD by album artist, with albums in order by year. Any other suggestions for a good Mac music library management tool to try?

Roon is nice but expensive but it does have a nice app too. I wish there was a cheaper solution that had an app.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I have a problem getting HQPLayer/NAA working with a new DAC I just got today.

Background: I have no problem getting HQPlayer working on my Mac Mini, connected via Ethernet to another Mac Mini running NAA, connected via USB to an OPPO 105D.

Now I am trying to get the same HQPlayer on the Mac Mini, via wifi to a MacBook Air running NAA, connected via USB to a Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse DAC/Headphone amp.

HQPlayer "sees" the Woo Audio under "NetworkAudioAdapter" in HQPlayer preferences. It lets me select it.

But HQplayer does not let me add any music to the player.

And the NAA on the MacBook Air reports immediate connection & disconnection.

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): discovery from 192.168.2.227:52398

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): connection from 192.168.2.227:56058

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): CoreAudio default device id: 55

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): CoreAudio devices: 3

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): CoreAudio device: Built-in Microphone (48) - Apple Inc.

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): CoreAudio device: Built-in Output (55) - Apple Inc.

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): CoreAudio device: WooAudio (39) - XMOS

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): begin disconnection

[/Applications/networkaudiod] (555): disconnected 192.168.2.227:56058

Also, the port reported by NAA for connect & disconnect is different each time.

Is this a firewall problem? In my router?

Thanks!!

[uPDATE] The connection between the MacBook Air the Woo Audio DAC/Amp works. I can play locally stored music just fine. The problem is between HQPlayer and the NAA, I think.

Hi Brandon,

I see that you connect the PC with HQP to the Oppo 105D via USB. Please help me for the detail set up.

Newbie using, I have a quick question.

Setup: Win10, Roon, HQPlayer, Mojo Dac, Headphone Out.

1. How can i up-sampling from DSD64 to DSD256. What setting do i need to set.

2. How can i put HQplayer to start on boot. any other option other than batch file?

Thank you.

Ismewor

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,
CASSOtM Trifecta Mod 75ohm MCI, TheLinearSolution TCXO Router

Analog: SME 20/2, SME V, Skala, Esoteric C03 Phono

not sure whether this question has been asked before - any idea whether ALAC will be supported by HQPlayer in the future?

My music are nearly all in ALAC, For my brief testin, HQPlayer sounds good, but converting all the ripped music again ...

Not anytime in foreseeable future. But if you like to play ALAC or similar, you can use Roon together with HQPlayer...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Hi,

not sure whether this question has been asked before - any idea whether ALAC will be supported by HQPlayer in the future?

My music are nearly all in ALAC, For my brief testin, HQPlayer sounds good, but converting all the ripped music again ...

You can stream any format foobar2000 supports to HQP. On PC that is...

check here: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/stream-hqplayer-desktop-foobar2000-29676/

Really easy in iTunes at the album level. It's quite fast too. You can do it prior to each listening session, or just take the time to do everything.

Dedicated Line DSD/DXD | Audirvana+ | iFi iDSD Nano | SET Tube Amp | Totem Mites

Surround: VLC | M-Audio FastTrack Pro | Mac Opt | Panasonic SA-HE100 | Logitech Z623

DIY: SET Tube Amp | Low-Noise Linear Regulated Power Supply | USB, Power, Speaker Cables | Speaker Stands | Acoustic Panels

There's 2 other GUI's mentioned on the HQPlayer web site (External control applications) and discussed here: Muso and Alchemy. They have lots of nice features.

Yes,those are options but I require an app so I can access my library and control my music from a tablet. I know Muso has a web app but when I tried it it did not work reliably at all for me.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Contemplating reinstalling HQP (Linux) this w/e.

What's current thinking about best distro for HQP (not NAA)? I used to use Mint which was easy at least, recommendation is Ubuntu studio, but other than coming with loads of applications I don't need, not sure why this is "optimised" for HQP? Or how about a minimalist Debian install?

Contemplating reinstalling HQP (Linux) this w/e.

What's current thinking about best distro for HQP (not NAA)? I used to use Mint which was easy at least, recommendation is Ubuntu studio, but other than coming with loads of applications I don't need, not sure why this is "optimised" for HQP? Or how about a minimalist Debian install?

If an Ubuntu flavor more toward the minimalist side appeals, you may want to have a look at Lubuntu. Or just go with Debian if that's what you like. I think the Studio recommendation may have to do with a low latency kernel, which of course you can install yourself in whatever distro you choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If an Ubuntu flavor more toward the minimalist side appeals, you may want to have a look at Lubuntu. Or just go with Debian if that's what you like. I think the Studio recommendation may have to do with a low latency kernel, which of course you can install yourself in whatever distro you choose.

Thanks, tried to install HQP with Ubuntu Studio but get the following error with gdebi:

Error:dependency is not satisfiable: qtdeclarative5-controls-plugin

Bearing in mind Ubuntu Studio is a recommended distribution for HQP, this could all be a little easier...reminds me why I went back to Windows in the first place..

Does anyone know the different between the

ASDM7 and ASDM7 512+fs

Which one better for quad dsd dac?

DigitalDac: Chord DAVE, Amp: MC275 Mono, Preamp: FirstSound, Source: Esoteric K01X, Cable: TaraLab GME interconnect,

Can I install the Network Audio Daemon on an ARMv7 SoC (AllWinner H3 quad core Cortex ) runing Debian Jessie with Armbian linux kernel 3.4.112-sun8i ?.

I have the following libasound2 / ALSA tools packages installed

libasound2:armhf 1.0.28-1 armhf shared library for ALSA applications

libasound2-data 1.0.28-1 all Configuration files and profiles for ALSA drivers

libasound2-dev:armhf 1.0.28-1 armhf shared library for ALSA applications -- development files

libasound2-plugins:armhf 1.0.28-1+b1 armhf ALSA library additional plugin

I downloaded the networkaudiod_3.4.0-32_armhf.deb package from here https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/ .

But when I try to install it thee is a dependency problem as it says it needs libstdc++6 (>=5.2). The installed version of libstdc++6 is 4.9.2-10 which is the latest available from Debian.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks, tried to install HQP with Ubuntu Studio but get the following error with gdebi:

Error:dependency is not satisfiable: qtdeclarative5-controls-plugin

Bearing in mind Ubuntu Studio is a recommended distribution for HQP, this could all be a little easier...reminds me why I went back to Windows in the first place..

did you try sudo apt-get install qtdeclarative5-controls-plugin

or whatever the proper install command is?

edit: looks like that package is "deleted" from some repositories. It does say head package is qtquickcontrols-opensource-src. Not sure if installing that would get you there, maybe someone else knows

did you try sudo apt-get install qtdeclarative5-controls-plugin

or whatever the proper install command is?

edit: looks like that package is "deleted" from some repositories. It does say head package is qtquickcontrols-opensource-src. Not sure if installing that would get you there, maybe someone else knows

Thanks. Missing packages made me think maybe I was using the wrong version of Ubuntu Studio. I was on 16.10. Installed 16.04 instead and HQ player installed fine.

Miska,

I made a series of "HQPlayer.xml" settings files (obviously with different names) which I would like to double click and import them by HQPlayer.

However, with Windows 7 I cannot associate such files with HQPlayer. Somehow, when I do it manually, always a different program is opened (foobar, acrobat,...). I noticed that HQPlayer is not recognized as a "regular" program to associate to.

Is there another way to do it without going into HQPlayer and select "Import settings"?

You mean the difference between ASDM7 and AMSDM7 512+fs?

When I asked Miska I think he said he couldn't give details without revealing the secret of the design.

The reason I asked because they are similar name. Or it could well be not related at all.

He could start by telling us what "ASDM7 512 +fs" stands for, and in what situation we may prefer to use it.

This is from Miska earlier in this thread:

The differences are more technical by nature, rather than aiming for any specific behavior. There is no clear way to describe the sonic differences. Main difference driving decision for a certain DACs is noise shaper order for 5th and 7th order modulators, 7th order modulator pushes more noise out of audio band and thus gives better SNR, but it also means that the noise outside of audio band increases on steeper slope and puts more demands on DAC's low-pass filter. So DACs using very simple low-pass filters are better sticking to 5th order modulators.

DSD* modulators are fixed configuration ones while ASDM* modulators are adaptive in various ways based on source signal. So the DSD* ones are simpler and the ASDM* ones are more advanced algorithms. But you can just listen and decide which way you prefer, there is no clear way to say how something sounds and what should be used, apart from the modulator order as discussed above. Now in the latest beta there's a new special beast called AMSDM7 tailored for >= DSD512 speeds (it is also allowed for DSD256, but then your mileage may vary depending on DAC - i need to do more measurements to see how it behaves in such cases).

I'll try to remember to update the manual too for next release to reflect the description above.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ecomputeraudiophile%2Ecom%2Fshowpost%2Ephp%3Fp%3D588816&share_tid=20293&share_fid=154126&share_type=t&share_pid=588816

Miska,

I made a series of "HQPlayer.xml" settings files (obviously with different names) which I would like to double click and import them by HQPlayer.

However, with Windows 7 I cannot associate such files with HQPlayer. Somehow, when I do it manually, always a different program is opened (foobar, acrobat,...). I noticed that HQPlayer is not recognized as a "regular" program to associate to.

Is there another way to do it without going into HQPlayer and select "Import settings"?

I can make shortcuts to HQPlayer executable opening each different setting file.

Something like: "C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\HQPlayer-desktop.exe" test1.xml

However, I would like to change settings on-the-fly whereas, every time I click on each shortcut, it opens a new instance of HQPlayer.

How can I set a desktop icon that allows me to change settings on-the-fly?