IGNORED

HQ Player

10 hours ago, CJH said:

Just loaded 5.7 and added DAC Correction and now hear a much bigger improvement at 512

Did you enable both: matrix processor and dac correction? I can't make it play DSD512 with no dropouts enabling both((...

Not sure if ticking the dac correction box only make it work at all?...

10 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

I just bought another dac (Signalyst dsc2)

I sold my DSC2.5 some time ago to buy me a Holo Cyan 2)))

47 minutes ago, skipspence said:

Did you enable both: matrix processor and dac correction? I can't make it play DSD512 with no dropouts enabling both((...

Does DAC calibration need to be checked here?

DAC.jpg.cdf178fb3b420825c6de6b973e138c18.jpg

11 hours ago, dericchan1 said:

But yes, it just sounds like imaging more precised, more like all the pieces are tied together better - coherency. They're not as spread out and completely unlinked.

So without the correction the Cyan2 sounds like sh*t?

🤔😉

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX

3 hours ago, liyin123 said:

Here are my SDM setup parameters

sinc-MGa is an integer ratio filter. I saw you set your DAC limit to 22.5MHz (44.1x512). If you play the 48KHz-based contents the HQPlayer would not respond. It’s quite normal.

26 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

sinc-MGa 是整数比率滤波器。我看到您将 DAC 限制设置为 22.5MHz (44.1x512)。如果您播放基于 48KHz 的内容,HQPlayer 将不会响应。这很正常。

Thanks for your reply, but my source selection is Output mode-Auto, the problem I have now is that when DAC correction is enabled, the PCM-768 is working fine and the SDM won't play, I don't know what's wrong, here's a picture of the settings that made the difference for me!

DAC校正.png

1.png

2.png

21 minutes ago, liyin123 said:

the problem I have now is that when DAC correction is enabled, the PCM-768 is working fine and the SDM won't play

Please try to disable the pipeline matrix portion since there’s nothing in it. Only enable DAC correction in the post process portion.

2 hours ago, skipspence said:

The Cyan 2 and the dsc2 are two completely different sounding dacs.

55 minutes ago, dericchan1 said:

The Cyan 2 and the dsc2 are two completely different sounding dacs.

Since dsc is a pure diy product and not a brand, I'd rather say: any "dsc" dac built by a local diy enthusiast would be completely different product to an other "dsc" dac built elsewhere)..

1 hour ago, skipspence said:

Since dsc is a pure diy product and not a brand, I'd rather say: any "dsc" dac built by a local diy enthusiast would be completely different product to an other "dsc" dac built elsewhere)..

Yes and the Cyan 2 and the dsc2 are two completely different sounding dacs.

9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

请尝试禁用管道矩阵部分,因为其中没有任何内容。仅在后处理部分启用 DAC 校正。

Thanks again for your reply, it helped me to point out the problem very well, that is to leave the first matrix pipeline unchecked and only enable the DAC correction, and then selecting my cyan2 means that it is already working on the engagement, thanks!

DAC校正正确选择.png

DAC correction (T+A DAC 200) on Mac mini M1 8GB won't run due to lack of memory 🙁.  But otherwise, I'm rocking DSD512 with 7EC-Light and recommended filters, while running Roon server too, so I'm still happy 🙂

14 hours ago, Nay said:

Laiv Harmony Dac for playing HQPlayer any thoughts? I have the Cyan 2 Dac on order but this new Dac looks promising. 

“DSD fans, listen up: USB and I2S are naturally your go-to inputs. Don’t worry, though, the Harmony’s got your back – even R2R purists understand that DSD is here to stay. Those files can’t be played natively on an R2R unit, getting a first-class conversion to PCM, ensuring that all your hi-res goodies are treated with the respect (and the sonic detail) they deserve.”

This was in Sandu review. 
Not sure of the accuracy but DSD to PCM internal conversion is a big NO for me.

@Miska

will there be anymore DACS that have  correction filters added in the future? Why did the DACS you created correction filters for need them do other DACS also need/benefit from the correction filters i have the Denafrips Ares 2 latest firmware.

So basically what do these filters do and do i need one and if i do will i get one lol

Thanks

6 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

That’s not what Jussi says …

Can you show me what Jussi said?

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Sennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s

3 minutes ago, stefano_mbp said:

Here

Thanks! I saw that he mentioned that there will still be problems with the current NAA.

source: 12900H (Intel mini pc w/32GB 240GB NVMe SSD running HQPe V5), RPi 4B/4GB w/10M OCXO clock & supercapacitor(NAA) & RPi 5/8GB & RPi cm4 w/ 10M OCXO clock(NAA)

DAC: Holo audio Cyan 2, Musician Pegasus

Headphone Amplihier: DA&T HA-3, xDuoo TA-05

Speaker: Acoustic Energy AE1 active

Headphone: Sennheiser HD-800 & HD-800s