IGNORED

Bicycles

I live downtown Copenhagen, the film shows my everyday exactly as it is - day and night, summer and winter.

Some of the bike lanes are actually wider now 2 years later ;-)

Cykling creates healthy, happy people in a more sustainable and enjoyable city.

Come visit and I'll lend you my bike so you can try for yourself.

Alternatively, enjoy the new people friendly areas in down town New York.

Promise Pegasus2 R6 12TB -> Thunderbolt2 ->
MacBook Pro M1 Pro -> Motu 8D -> AES/EBU ->
Main: Genelec 5 x 8260A + 2 x 8250 + 2 x 8330 + 7271A sub
Boat: Genelec 8010 + 5040 sub

Hifiman Sundara, Sennheiser PXC 550 II
Blog: “Confessions of a DigiPhile”

I live downtown Copenhagen, the film shows my everyday exactly as it is - day and night, summer and winter.

Some of the bike lanes are actually wider now 2 years later ;-)

Cykling creates healthy, happy people in a more sustainable and enjoyable city.

Come visit and I'll lend you my bike so you can try for yourself.

Alternatively, enjoy the new people friendly areas in down town New York.

Pete Copenhagen is on the wife's bucket list of places to visit.

The Truth Is Out There

Pete Copenhagen is on the wife's bucket list of places to visit.

I'll give you a surround experience you won't forget ;-)

And lend you a bike or set of roller-skates to get around town.

I was actually considering a trip to Boston and New York this summer.

Unfortunately I think my CO2 budget is low, as i road-tripped 6000 miles around and across the US from LA to Dallas in a Dodge Charger last year.

I suppose I'll stay home and cycle around Denmark, do a bit of yoga and such.

I'll give you a surround experience you won't forget ;-)

And lend you a bike or set of roller-skates to get around town.

Unfortunately I think my CO2 budget is low, as i road-tripped 6000 miles around and across the US from LA to Dallas in a Dodge Charger last year.

A couple of bikes would be nice and you can keep the roller blades as I would hate to injure any of your country men and women or even trees lol

The Truth Is Out There

A couple of bikes would be nice and you can keep the roller blades as I would hate to injure any of your country men and women or even trees lol

I only have one bike to lend, but . . .

The city bike system offers locals as well as travellers easy access to a bike when ever you need one.

Electrically assisted, with build in tablet / GPS / map / tourist info / internet access, "Bycyklen" takes care of you.

City bike system

Bycykkel.png

PS. Notice to Americans: you need a pin for your credit card for the City bike as well as everything else here.

I only have one bike to lend, but . . .

The city bike system offers locals as well as travellers easy access to a bike when ever you need one.

Electrically assisted, with build in tablet / GPS / map / tourist info / internet access, "Bycyklen" takes care of you.

City bike system

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12852[/ATTACH]

PS. Notice to Americans: you need a pin for your credit card for the City bike as well as everything else here.

Pete, 'Bycyklen' how cool.. Thanks

The Truth Is Out There

My Cannondale

IMG_1401.jpg

Just for music:Mac Mini 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 60GB SSD, 16GB RAM (Mid 2011) OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 > WD NAS 6TB > Audirvana+>Roon Server > HQPlayer >iPad for Roon Remote> Teac UD-503 DAC > Audio Quest Cinnamon USB cable > Cambridge Audio Azur 840C > Cambridge Audio Azur 840A > Polk LSi 15 > DIY Speaker Cables.

Hope you managed to take in some of the sights around Arizona, Utah and New Mexico.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

My Cannondale

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12885[/ATTACH]

I have a Cannondale that looks (and costs) nothing like that. Serves for getting me around local parks on rides w/ my wife and friends.

Edit: BTW, forgot to say - Beautiful bike.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Neither does mine:

10099-bicycles-image2.aspx.jpeg

ca. 2001 Crackandfail somethingorother. Derisively referred to as my "assistant professor bike". Probably something DigiPete might even approve of. Generator hub and lights. Aluminum. Hand made in US frame. Stiffer than a 3 day old corpse at the side of the bike trail. Commuted on it every day for about 7 years, until I broke down and got a mountain bike ...

Very nice bikes here!

I've been riding my Bertoni (Columbus Matrix Steel tubing) for about 28 years. It came with Shimano 105 group which has held up amazingly over the decades. Always a fun ride and has to be one of my most economical purchases -- of all time.

IMG_0590.jpg

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

My last was a Chas Roberts White Spider. Made to measure frame and Bontrager forks, components from what I considered some of the best available at the time. (1990s).

Sadly sold now, health issues mean my cycling days are over.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Very nice bikes here!

I've been riding my Bertoni (Columbus Matrix Steel tubing) for about 28 years. It came with Shimano 105 group which has held up amazingly over the decades. Always a fun ride and has to be one of my most economical purchases -- of all time.

25 years ago, bike companies made stuff to last a lifetime. My Dura Ace/LOOK pedals probably have 40,000 miles on them. Then they realized, hey this is a limited market, and if we keep this up, we'll run out of customers, because people won't ever need to replace anything. So, they started making parts out of plastic, and increased the price by a factor of ten. Did we really need 11 gears in the back, and electronic shifting?

Sure, bikes are lighter and stiffer, but they're like eggs--great until you drop them. My Litespeed titanium frame, on the other hand, got run over by a Chevy Suburban, and was unscathed. I rode 70 miles on it this morning. Now, it's time to listen to some music!

Here's mine, inherited from my great great great grandfather. I had to stop drinking to handle it. The hard part is getting on the seat (or use a cellular phone...). My great-grandfather on the picture ("Big Foot" Roch).

Granpa_BIKE.jpg

Roch

In keeping with ethos of this site, what do you think of this Moulton Double Pylon?

I really should read posts properly ... I read that as a Monty Python to start with! And looking at the picture nearly confirmed my first reading ... the Ministry of Silly Bikes perhaps!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I really should read posts properly ... I read that as a Monty Python to start with! And looking at the picture nearly confirmed my first reading ... the Ministry of Silly Bikes perhaps!

Blasphemy! In the extreme. Looks aside, they are fantastic bikes to ride.

MacMini 8Gb OSX > Pure Music / Bitperfect / Amarra / iTunes > Synology DS215J NAS > Schiit Wyrd > Stello U3 > Naim Uniti Atom, Harbeth P3ESR. Meier Corda Arietta Headphone Amp > Sennhieser HD650 Phones (Cardas rewire). Isol-8 Powerline Axis. Isotek GII Orion Power Conditioner. Cardas Clear USB Cable. Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cable. All other cables by Mark Grant.

Vinyl still has it's place. Technics SL1200. Modified with Mike New Bearing, KAB Strobe Disable, MCRU 2 box PSU, Isonoe Feet, SME M2-9 Tonearm > Goldring 2400 >Rothwell Simplex Phonostage.

Blasphemy! In the extreme. Looks aside, they are fantastic bikes to ride.

[video=youtube_share;ZNeq2Utm0nU]

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Superb. IMHO, the best film they made.

• 3 weeks later...

ICE Trice Q

27 gears

Ajustable suspension

Low and sleek

Laid back view on life

Sexy red

Build for speed

Actually build for life in the fast lane ;-)

ICE Trice.jpg

And glamour shot:

ICE.jpeg

She is 'pre-owned' but in great condition, just like her daddy.