IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I'm using RoonServer to stream it's output to HQPlayer on my CAPSv4 Pipeline so that I can do DSD256 upsampling. This works very well. I've set up RoonServer to start automatically as a Windows service, and I want to configure HQPlayer as my shell using the Service Tool. But when I do that, I lose the SDM output method in the main window, and it only shows "Auto" and "PCM" output, which defeats my ability to perform DSD256 upsampling. If I restore the Windows shell in Service Tool and manually launch HQPlayer, the option to perform DSD (or SDM) output is restored. So at the current time, this means I can't set HQPlayer as my default shell using the Service Tool.

Has anyone else run into this?

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

I'm using RoonServer to stream it's output to HQPlayer on my CAPSv4 Pipeline so that I can do DSD256 upsampling. This works very well. I've set up RoonServer to start automatically as a Windows service, and I want to configure HQPlayer as my shell using the Service Tool. But when I do that, I lose the SDM output method in the main window, and it only shows "Auto" and "PCM" output, which defeats my ability to perform DSD256 upsampling. If I restore the Windows shell in Service Tool and manually launch HQPlayer, the option to perform DSD (or SDM) output is restored. So at the current time, this means I can't set HQPlayer as my default shell using the Service Tool.

Has anyone else run into this?

This may not help you at all but I use Fidelizer to auto start HQP for me. I have no issues converting to DSD.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

I am going to install AO 2.0 on to my Win 10 64bit for the 1st time , just a question , I have programs say Adobe reader , Advance Systemcare , Driver Booster etc. Do I need to un-install them for a clean AO setup or AO will disable them for me when working ? My PC is meaned to be delicated to music playing but would it be nice to have these softwares looking after my PC in the long run ? If no need to un-unistall - will I have them working again before starting AO in the next PC start up?

Hi,

I will soon reinstall my carbon CAPS (upgrade of motherboard/processor). Until now, I used Win Server 2012 R2 with AO 2.0.

For my new server, is it better to use Windows 10 or to continue with Win Server 2012 R2?

Thank you!

Hi Larryng

No need to uninstall them and they should also work just fine after using AO.

Best,

Phil

As first time installing AO 2.0 , I am cautious and I do have the following questions ;

1. I choose Express and I am not asked to remove One Drive , Defender etc. as it is because I am just using Express mode , correct ?

2. What is the difference between running Service Tool / Strip Down Window & just AO as both involve restarting , Should running AO already stripping down Window ? I ran AO - restarting & run Strip down Window & restarting - just an idiot question - what is left behind for me ?

Thanks in advance ?

Larryng

Hi

OneDrive and Defender can only be disabled/removed on Pro/Enterprise Editions of Windows 10. Since Home Edition cannot process group policies these two questions are not available for the Home Edition.

The Strip-Down feature of ServiceTool is something completely different than AO, please see the PDF guide for more details.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

OneDrive and Defender can only be disabled/removed on Pro/Enterprise Editions of Windows 10. Since Home Edition cannot process group policies these two questions are not available for the Home Edition

The Strip-Down feature of ServiceTool is something completely different than AO, please see the PDF guide for more details.

Best,

Phil

But mine is Pro-version , now on Express Mode !

Hi

then please use advanced or ultimate mode of AO.

Express Mode is supposed to ask no questions :-)

best,

Phil

I have tried both Advance & Ultimate modes and I can confirm that only Ultimate would allow shutting down both One Drive & Window defender and I must also say that there is no other choice but to choose Ultimate as it offer the best SQ and in Ultimate mode , I can still use VNC and HW PC monitor without any problem , so really Window 10 AO is very easy to use !

I do have a little problem here - I was installing AO Advance on my Samsung notebook and although I have disabled Window Defender prior to installation (if not disabled - no way to run AO exe.) but during installation , Window defender (?) constantly poped up and warned me of malware and informing me that it was removing the detected malware .

It does worried if installation was completed and if Defender had removed "part"of the AO , thus I would like to ask how do I know that AO is working correctly after starting

again ?

I can also confirm that AO 2.0 only asked me if I wanted to disable One Drive and Windows Defender if I chose Ultimate Mode during the optimization run. Advanced Mode never asked me.

CAPS Pipeline with HDPlex Linear PSU running Win10 64 bit, AO 2.0, RoonServer, HQPlayer -> T+A DAC8 DSD -> Linear Tube Audio's MicroZOTL2 Headphone Amp with Mojo Audio's Illuminati Linear PSU -> Focal Utopia/Audeze LCD-3

Hi

Yes that's fine, that's no issue. I just had it wrong in my mind, it's only in ultimate mode and as said only technically possible on non-home editions.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi,

I will soon reinstall my carbon CAPS (upgrade of motherboard/processor). Until now, I used Win Server 2012 R2 with AO 2.0.

For my new server, is it better to use Windows 10 or to continue with Win Server 2012 R2?

Thank you!

Up... :-)

Hm, good question, but not many answers :-)

well so far i got/heard about very mixed results. Many still prefer Server 2012 R2, especially in core mode. But on the other hand i also got many reports about Windows 10 with AO being magical and better than Server 2012 R2.

I think as very often in computer audio this depends on the used components and the hardware. Probably impossible to predict a result, so only personal testing will show you what sounds best for your setup.

A Dual Boot Setup on one machine with Win10/Server 2012 R2 is the best way to find out.

Hi Folks

Beta Phase for AudiophileOptimizer 2.10 is open. Please see detailed infos here:

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f28-highend-audiopc-sponsored/audiophileoptimizer-2-10-beta-thread-29135/

Best,

Phil

Hi Phil. I updated to AO 2.0 but now I can't get any output via JPLAY. Nothing else was changed in my system.

I have since tried various AO settings (but not reset using ST). I also reinstalled JPLAY to no avail.

JPLAY appears to play but there's no output. Please help .

Hi

Unplug your USB cable and turn your DAC off. Plug the USB cable back in and turn your DAC back on, also check the right input is selected on your DAC. If you need more support open up a support request via email, but i don't think that this is related to AO in any way to be honest.

Best,

Phil

Phil, I salute you.

I have been considering AO for quite a while, downloaded AO this afternoon and the sound is amazingly good. Using it on Win 10. Have the same problem as billg re Jplay at the moment. Jplay keeps dropping out, but then, so do ifi drivers. Win 10 is the culprit I think. Still that is half the fun, trying to work these problems out. Thanks again for a stunning piece of software.

Regards Bill

• Win 10 (64), (Front Room) Phil's Audio Optimizer, Tidal/Roon, HQPlayer, RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Hegel H300, van den Hul - The Clearwater, PMC Twenty.24's.

Hi Bill

thanks a lot! :-)

i've opened up a ticket at JPLAY, let's see what they say. AO has no changes in regard to JPLAY since a very long time, so i don't think AO is causing this problem. But as said, i am looking at it with JPLAY.

Best,

Phil

Hi billg & budy

I've spoken with the JPLAY developers today. Please get in contact with them via [email protected] and tell about your issue. They will have a look at your systems and hopefully find out quickly whats going on.

Best,

Phil

I have been using AO Win 10 for 2 weeks and I am running it almost everyday just to run in mini PC & T+A DSD8 , within period , AO runs perfectly and no problem so far , I would say , the SQ improvement is most noticeable from the 1st time you run it , I am running AO with HQPlayer & a few days ago , I tried it with Bughead - which I found the SQ to be slight behind HQP (both PCM) , but with AO , the SQ of Bughead - no DSD of course , is indistinguishable from HQPlayer , AO also improve JRiver in a most noticeable way , I must say , with AO's 5 activation keys per licence , it is actually a bargain , likewise , HQPlayer also , you have almost unlimited activations on your own PCs , before , I thought both were expensive (I mistook one activation only for one PC - like Fidelizier Pro) but now I consider these 2 softwares very cheap & a must for those really care about SQ , an average good PC plus these 2 softwares enable you to listen to music quality not much different from those expensive players - I have MPD-5 , Burmester 069 , Parasound CD1 , Esoteric X-03SE/G-03X etc. and I hope I am at least qualified to this statement --. Support from AO is excellent - almost the same day , no idea about HQPlayer - not yet !! This is no advertisement - just my own if not humble opinion only . Never thought PC SQ would come this so far !