IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I'll try that in my first free day. Thanks for the advice. I hope I won't need to reinstall everything from the beginning again. :) I really want to hear the music from core-mode...

I myself have the same problem with some drivers I have.

I install drivers this way

Hi Phil,

I asked about the mrendu on the forum because a friend thought he'd seen a solution to getting it to work with your fantastic AudiophileOptimizer. I couldn't find it so I thought a solution might be available here. I know you're terribly busy launching 2.0 and realize mrendu is not a priority. I'll keep working on it.

As for the Open GLE 3.0 problem with ROON and Windows Server I thought that AudiophileOptimizer was supposed to help with this issue and that's why it's on the menu page.

The problem is not my graphics card. It is built into the i7 4770k chip. I dual boot with Windows 10 and W Server 2012 ROON on the same PC using Windows 10 works flawlessly. ROON on the Windows Server 2012 refuses to start and displays the Open GLE 3.0 error message. So it's not the PC hardware at fault. I assumed after reading the AudiiophileOptimiser manual concerning ROON and seeing the ROON solution on the AudiophileOptimizer menu that' a solution for the issue was there.

I can testify that the AudiophileOptimizer is a brilliant tool for increasing the SOUND QUALITY of your system and it has worked extraordinarily well for both Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012.

Thanks Phil for a job well done.

Steven

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

Hi Steven

the Problem is your graphic card. The onboard gpu's driver lacks support for OpenGL. Thats why you get this error. AO and nothing or noene else can fix that besides proper OpenGL support for your graphic card which does not exist for server 2012 R2.

The driver for Windows 10 has Open GL support, thats why its working there.

Use RoonServer instead on your server 2012 R2 setup.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Exactly, like this one here: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-fatal-opengl-error-when-launched/2178

But now let's get back to topic -> AO 2.00 :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Just purchased AO 2.0 to upgrade my AO 1.4.

While reading the manual for the upgrading procedure, following was stated:

If a new version of the AudiophileOptimizer is released, run the new version of setup.exe over your current setup.

What does it mean? Will setup.exe be run in a USB stick? Or will it be run in the music server folder where the old setup.exe is located?

Please advise.

Hi

it does not matter where setup.exe is located as long as you run it on the machine you want to install/upgrade AO on.

Best,

Phil

Hi Phil :),

I'm using win2012 server R2 with AO 1.4 in minimal server mode on my mac mini. I don't like to use the filters and thats because I use the ones for windows default. Do you recommend the upgrade 2.0 for a user like me for a better sound quality? Will be there any difference in sound quality if I use the default filters again? Are the significant changes in filters or the opimizer itself?

Thanks

Hi

yes indeed. You will be AMAZED how much better 2.00 is. I've put lots of efforts into AO2.00 to also make it a well worth upgrade to current AO users.

But better let others confirm that :-)

Best,

Phil

Hi

yes indeed. You will be AMAZED how much better 2.00 is. I've put lots of efforts into AO2.00 to also make it a well worth upgrade to current AO users.

Best,

Phil

Yup, AL told me its much better. I will find out soon! Kudos.

Send me an email Phil...I have something to discuss.

i don't know how to begin , not to pollute the thread and even i'm also french which it doesn't help..

first : i use roon/tidal/hqp with a usb music content shared on an airport express.

i first install AO xpress setup and i loose the access to the airport , HQP doesn't work and no start menu on windows to get access to something.

second fresh windows 10 install , AO intermediate setting : now i can see my music disk on the airport, and Roon + HQP works fine together .. .. but still not access to the start menu of windows , is it normal ?

second question : what is flavour of the sounds signatures and filter at the install of AO ?

thanks

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Hi

Being french isn't a bad thing, isnt't it? :)

I think you should use "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer" support, this will make HQPlayer work on Server 2012 R2 core & minimal-server mode. if you don't select that option, it won't work.

Please open a support request via [email protected] so we can have a look at your start menu. Works fine over here.

Best,

Phil

Just upgraded to AO 2.0.

Windows server 2012 R2

Roon Server 2.0 runs fine in Core Mode, I can play local media, but I get a transport error when I try to stream from Tidal within Roon. The error doesn't occur in Minimal Server mode.

Is RoonServer/Tidal supported in Core Mode?

Just installed AO 2.0 on my Mac Mini running Windows 10 Home. My setup is very basic: HQ Player and ARCAM irDAC over USB with JPlay driver. Music files are on a NAS directly connected to the Mini. This is my first experience with AO. I read the manual thoroughly and have had no problems even with "ultimate" tweaks and Windows 10 strip-down. I also use this computer for watching movies on iTunes and downloading music files. I notice a few things need an extra step (like opening zip files with right click) but that's fine with me. :-)

The sound is quite something, extremely wide and smooth with wonderful instrumental details. Orchestral recordings especially display amazing separation of instruments. So far I am very pleased. I'm very tempted to invest in a dedicated PC and use the Mini for the other stuff.

One question: is it okay to run Fidelizer in addition to AO?

Over the last few years now, the necessity for a Server version to run AO was a put off, due to the price and somewhat daunting installation. The use of core mode, and setting out of core mode and the time taken for this, also a distraction. guess if you're really dedicated, have been there in deep with software, and rather not go there again.

With the introduction of a Windows 10 single computer build however, AO is a little familiar, and the purchase price is AO itself, and not a substantial investment in Server software.

When comparing on headphones, the output of a CD player versus the current digital chain, the tonality is there from digital, but the spacing and air around the instruments is a little missing from the digital chain.

This affects the image, with the digital chain more mono and flat soundstage wise, whereas the CD player has a distinct height and placement of vocals and instruments. For example when comparing Diana Krall's "Girl in the other room" SACD versus the ripped SACD as DSF, Diana's vocals on the SACD are above middle, on digital playback more classic middle of the head.

I'm reading other members responses about air around instruments with AO, maybe this is the fix that's needed. I gather what I'm looking for is sharper timing and less noise from the source that would mask or interfere with that timing process. These are very fine values admittedly, I can't do that much with HQ Player other than to select some sharper filters which is possible of course, they could make a difference, but usually the "wrong" filter sounds gross right away, and the right filter is a bit of kludge to find.

Then again, it could be the source that's off, however have compared reasonably good sounding Redbook CD's and rips thereof, and noticed the same disparity.

For the next few days will study the installation manual and prepare for an install on a dedicated music PC with Win10 Pro. I gather Norton AV would have to removed and an install of HQPlayer and DDC drivers would need to remain as is on the drive before conversion. If a new version of HQPlayer is available, how does one install the new version, is the core/GUI mode conversion to take place? Sorry these are dumb newbie questions, which could have been discussed many times, maybe it's in the manual after all.

digital chain:

Lenovo M93p tiny Haswell i7-4765T 2.0G 8M 4C LGA1150 16GB Win10 Pro 256GB SSD

Intona 1kV Isolation

Icron Ranger USB extender Cat5e

Mutec MC-3 + USB 1st stage USB to AES3id

Mutec MC-3 + USB 2nd stage AES3id to AES3

Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC

SEAC cabling

SACD

Accuphase DP-720 XLR out

HP

Sennheiser 800S

HP Amp

Accuphase C-2420 Pre-amp

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I think I know just what you're talking about in terms of comparison between CD and computer playback. I would offer the following comments and suggestions:

In terms of placement, I prefer the more focused sound of computer playback. What sounds like "air" is often (for me) more haze, jitter and distortion of the image. That said, I understand your comment about a flat image with less illusion of separation. I use HQ Player as well, and to my ears AO restorees much of the true "air" and three-dimensionality. You could opt for the trial and see if you agree.

Secondly, and you may not want to hear this, I have tried both SSD and HD for my playback computer, and I strongly feel that SSD produces a cramped sound with a truncated top end and thinner bass, the result being very much what you describe with your computer playback. An HD results in a more natural, spacious sound to my ears. Perhaps there's nothing you can do about this, unless you are handy with computers and have the time and patience. One way to test this is to buy a 1 TB laptop HD and an inexpensive USB/SATA adapter, install W10 on the USB drive and try booting and running HQ Player from that.

Finally, when was the last time you tried the DAC straight from the computers USB port? Forgive me because it's a bit presumptuous, but sometimes you can start adding tweaks and gadgets and lose an honest sound. Feel free to ignore this part of them comment. :-)

Over the last few years now, the necessity for a Server version to run AO was a put off, due to the price and somewhat daunting installation. The use of core mode, and setting out of core mode and the time taken for this, also a distraction. guess if you're really dedicated, have been there in deep with software, and rather not go there again.

With the introduction of a Windows 10 single computer build however, AO is a little familiar, and the purchase price is AO itself, and not a substantial investment in Server software.

When comparing on headphones, the output of a CD player versus the current digital chain, the tonality is there from digital, but the spacing and air around the instruments is a little missing from the digital chain.

This affects the image, with the digital chain more mono and flat soundstage wise, whereas the CD player has a distinct height and placement of vocals and instruments. For example when comparing Diana Krall's "Girl in the other room" SACD versus the ripped SACD as DSF, Diana's vocals on the SACD are above middle, on digital playback more classic middle of the head.

I'm reading other members responses about air around instruments with AO, maybe this is the fix that's needed. I gather what I'm looking for is sharper timing and less noise from the source that would mask or interfere with that timing process. These are very fine values admittedly, I can't do that much with HQ Player other than to select some sharper filters which is possible of course, they could make a difference, but usually the "wrong" filter sounds gross right away, and the right filter is a bit of kludge to find.

Then again, it could be the source that's off, however have compared reasonably good sounding Redbook CD's and rips thereof, and noticed the same disparity.

For the next few days will study the installation manual and prepare for an install on a dedicated music PC with Win10 Pro. I gather Norton AV would have to removed and an install of HQPlayer and DDC drivers would need to remain as is on the drive before conversion. If a new version of HQPlayer is available, how does one install the new version, is the core/GUI mode conversion to take place? Sorry these are dumb newbie questions, which could have been discussed many times, maybe it's in the manual after all.

digital chain:

Lenovo M93p tiny Haswell i7-4765T 2.0G 8M 4C LGA1150 16GB Win10 Pro 256GB SSD

Intona 1kV Isolation

Icron Ranger USB extender Cat5e

Mutec MC-3 + USB 1st stage USB to AES3id

Mutec MC-3 + USB 2nd stage AES3id to AES3

Playback Designs MPD-3 DAC

SEAC cabling

SACD

Accuphase DP-720 XLR out

HP

Sennheiser 800S

HP Amp

Accuphase C-2420 Pre-amp

Confirming that Roon server still doesn't work in core mode. My music is on a separate NAS drive and I get "transport error". Also there is an error message from Roon at startup. I did choose "add Roon support" when running AO.

Screen Shot 2016-06-28 at 12.22.08 AM.png

Just upgraded to AO 2.0.

Windows server 2012 R2

Roon Server 2.0 runs fine in Core Mode, I can play local media, but I get a transport error when I try to stream from Tidal within Roon. The error doesn't occur in Minimal Server mode.

Is RoonServer/Tidal supported in Core Mode?

Hi Mikem1,

Can you elaborate your setup? I tried 2012 Core mode but I can't let roon to play music to HQPlayer. In Minimal server, roon plays to HQPlayer just fine.

Thanks

John

Hi

Best,

Phil

I can highly confirm that 2.0 breathes new life into music. I am running in a AudioPC + uRendu setup with Roon/HQP combo and minimal server mode in WS 2012 R2. I was very much skeptical about upgrading from 1.40 to 2.0 since the uRendu is touted to work in a PC independent manner but it doesn't appear to be the case. I didn't have to listen for hours to make this conclusion and from only a couple of reference recordings, its very much apparent that 2.0 has taken the computer audio to new heights again.

Bravo Phil and I wish you could make the Roon work in a core mode as soon as possible. I am almost certain that core mode will make it to another level.