IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

I'll write my impressions about AO 2.0 vs 1.4 on mac mini music server soon. I need some time to listen more but for now, I can tell that they are totally different and 2.0 has good improvements.

I also use Schiit Gungnir Dac and I can't success on installing asio driver. I want to try installing it again because I want to listen in core-mode.

When I open the cmedia zip file for asio driver, there are sub directories like win7, win8, win8.1 and I really don't know which sub directory should I choose to install the right driver for Win 2012 server R2 on a mac mini.

Hello Phil, I upgraded to 2.00, and are very satisfied !!!

I wanted to ask you something...

Unfortunately I have not noticed in beta;

Using RewriteData in Server 2012 R2 Core mode (Bug head rewriting program), if you try to Use clean the user select button, to rewrite the data in a folder detterminata, appears an empty explores resources, where it is not possible to select any path, even writing it manually!

The function is therefore totally inutilizabile! a hassle !!!

I know that the beta phase is now closed, but unfortunately I realized the problem just now!

Since we are in so many to uilizare Infinity Blade in Server 2012 R2 mode + AO core, I wanted to ask if you have a solution?

It would be enough even a script with file.dll be injected in windows ...

Thank you

Anto

Hi

it seems this needs explorer. This will probably never be possible in core. Rewrite data has also no relation to AO. Please contact the developer of it, he shall find a solution.

thanks,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Exactly. This issue is known by the HQPlayer developer since a long time and he has not in mind to fix it.

but you can use Total Commander as work around.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I very much like to install AO 2.0 on Win 10 but I hope to install and play immediately , OK if I do not get the best performance from AO - that maybe later , not lazy but really do not have the ability to do it easily. Is this possible from latest AO ?

Why shouldn't you get the best performance from AO? And what exactly should be possible with AO 2.00?

I of course hope to have best from AO but fear I might not be able to achieve so easily without spending a week or so , I am not good at computering stuffs and many such terms are unfamiliar to me - just primary school standard & I hope I can enjoy AO with ease right from the start , I may then choose to dig deeper with time . It would be great if AO would allow an easy start just by pushing a button .

Hi

well, actually it does. Setup means to doubleclick setup.exe and wait 30-60 seconds. Running AO takes about 3-4 minutes. You can start with express mode, this will ask no questions.

best,

Phil

Hi

50% of the manual are pictures and another 25% isn't about AO at all, it's about computer audio in general. So no need to be scared, but still a very good idea to read the entire manual. You can only profit a lot from it.

Best,

Phil

Hello Phil, congrats for your efforts and for your beatiful software.

I've updated AO to 2.00 version on my Audio PC, but I have a problem.

I have a dual PC system where the two computers are connected directly with optical fiber cable and TPLINK adapters.

On PC server, where I have a second ethernet card just for music, and on the micro-PC that acts as NAA (fanless Gygabyte 2807 with WS2012R2 and Audiophile Optimizer) I have modified the properties in IPV4 Protocol, setting a static IP address and a different subnet mask (following the advice of Audiophile Optimizer manual), so the trasmission of HQP is isolated from Internet and from main home network.

To be more clear:

- on pc server, the general ethernet card, connected to router, has IP 192.168.1.1 and DHCP enabled, the second ethernet card dedicated to HQP has static IP address (192.168.2.1);

- on naa the only one card has static IP address (192.168.2.2.).

I use HQPLAYER in NAA mode (with MUSO) and rarely JPLAY.

But with new versions of networkaudiodaemon (3.4.0) and HQP (v. 3.14 beta), it is necessary to enable also IPV6 settings.

The problem is that on the pc server, I set without difficulty IPV6 static address (0:0:0:0:0:ffff:c0a8:203), but on NAA I can't do the same; I enter IPV6 static address (0:0:0:0:0:ffff:c0a8:203) and the subnet prefix length 64, leaving all other fields blank, but when I restart the system, in the network adapter properties IVP6 tab, always return the automatic settings ("obtain an IP address automatically")

Actually on audio pc I'm in GUI mode; I will switch to core mode when I solve this problem with NICs settings.

What could be the cause?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my english... :-)

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

Hi

it seems you configured the same IP (IPv6) for both machines? This results in an IP-Address conflict so one of both machines goes back to DHCP to avoid it. You must use different IP's.

But this is not about AO, and this is also no support thread. This is a feedback, experience and questions thread about AO, so please start a dedicated thread if needed here: Highend-AudioPC (Sponsored)

Best,

Phil

Hi

well, actually it does. Setup means to doubleclick setup.exe and wait 30-60 seconds. Running AO takes about 3-4 minutes. You can start with express mode, this will ask no questions.

best,

Phil

And this is the setup of AO, i can't imagine this to be any easier:

Best,

Phil

Hi

it seems you configured the same IP (IPv6) for both machines? This results in an IP-Address conflict so one of both machines goes back to DHCP to avoid it. You must use different IP's.

But this is not about AO, and this is also no support thread. This is a feedback, experience and questions thread about AO, so please start a dedicated thread if needed here: Highend-AudioPC (Sponsored)

Best,

Phil

ok, thanks. It was my error in writing, obviously I meant "204" (final) and not "203" about IPV6 static address on NAA.

Anyway, I will open a new dedicated thread in that section, eventually.

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

I also use Schiit Gungnir Dac and I can't success on installing asio driver. I want to try installing it again because I want to listen in core-mode.

When I open the cmedia zip file for asio driver, there are sub directories like win7, win8, win8.1 and I really don't know which sub directory should I choose to install the right driver for Win 2012 server R2 on a mac mini.

The only thing I know is that you should use setup file inside Win 8.1 directory

to install.

Windows Server 2012r2 = Windows 8.1 driver

Thank you. There are sub directories to choose and I think I should try the ones under win8.1 folder :)

I tried to use win 2012 server r2 in core-mode once on my mac mini but I couldn't success. Lots of errors occured and neither me nor Phil could solve them. I'm now afraid of trying again and I really can't decide if core-mode worth this kind of risky trying because minimal server mode is also playing really nice. Being an audiophile and giving just an afford, not money, pushes me to take this kind of risk. :) I did it once and I failed. What do you think, is worth to try again?

Core-mode vs Minimal server mode, should I take the risk of installing everything from the beginning? Is it really playing better than minimal-server mode or just a little difference if anyone can hear. (If there is little difference, it's worth to try) :)))

Is there any CA member who can help me with the sound quality of core mode vs minimal server mode?

Thanks for your answer. I'll try soon if I can make it work in my computer.

I want to write my experience on upgrading AO 1.4 to AO 2.0. First of all I want to thank Phil for his hard work on AO while making this upgrade because he made it not only for windows 10, he also made this for windows server 2012 server users too. Upgrading was so easy for me, just run the setup and hear the improvement.

I don't know how to explain the change in correct words because of my poor english but I can give an example;

The difference is like 1080p HD video and 4K video. It was 1080p before and now its between 1080p and 4K. (Maybe Phil want to work some to make it 4K, thats because I don't say 4K) :)

The instruments seperation is better. Micro details are better and they are not artificial or irritatingly much. They are more musical and audible.

Bass sounds are very different from 1.4 and in a good way. They are tight and organised. (I can't find the right words for them)

My Soundstage was very big because of speaker replacement on my system and with 2.0 it becomes a little bit bigger but not much.

On 1.4, I didn't like the digital filters and I used X/X(windows default) but with 2.0 I'm using 2/D and find this filter much dynamic and not irritating as on 1.4. The Clarity is much better and it is not artificial.

I never like my speakers mid-range sound and with 2.0, the mid-range sounds a little bit low not much but a little low for my system, especially for vocal sounds. In my soundstage, vocals are a little bit on behind the cymbals... But in general, the music is very balanced.

I'm satisfied with the results with AO 2.0. I congratulate and thank Phil for this upgrade, this is the cheapest and best upgrade for my system...

Regards

Tugsay Kulaksiz

Hi,

PROBLEM SOLVED

MRendu has no trouble working with the AudiophileOptimizer.

The problem was a setting in Fidelizer 7.

I was using Extremist.

Please uncheck:

Prioritize optimization for network streaming over workstations.

Now you will have access to all mRendu settings and use the AudiophileOptimizer running on Windows Server 2012.

Thanks Phil for producing such fabulous software. The AudiophileOptimizer is the best thing that's ever happened to my PC playback system.

The mRendu works flawlessly in all modes and all playback software I'ved used with the AudiophileOptimizer 2.0 both in Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012.

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel