IGNORED

Show your interface / media server interface !

This is a thread for members to share screnshots of their computer audio software interface. It should be interesting to see all the different configurations and setups that people are using.

To get the screenshot, simply have the audio software as the main window on your screen and press the "print screen" button (PC). There may be a different way to capture the screen on a Mac. Then open an image editor like Paint, paste and save to a JPG file. You can then upload the file using Tinypic (www.tinypic.com) where you can upload your image for free and obtain a link to post here.

I will start off; running JRiver on a Windows 7 system:

33ky8w5.jpg

There are 2 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi extracampine!

I compared different remote control solutions. All together they were not perfect for me.

Then i located TouchRemote DACP, a plugin for Foobar2000.

It is a really nice option for an iPad user. The iPad App on the other side is called 'Remote', it is an Apple app, intended for remote controlling iTunes.

I prefered J.River over Foobar2000, but this app changed my position - give it a try, and it's for free!

Enjoy listening, Bernhard

Wow looking interesting.

Gregor - that is something else. What resolution are you running at? And which skins/plugins are you using there? Looks like you've set the rear cover art to appear over a translucent tracklisting - nice!

Eurochamp - that certainly looks interesting. Pity that there aren't any screenshots on their website! I think I tried the Remote app in the past - currently using PlugPlayer with iPad.

There are 2 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Screenshot? The interface is the 'Remote' app on your iPad, the programmer of this TouchRemote Plugin only made Foobar2000 communicate like iTunes (seen from 'Remote').

PlugPlayer is very nice, but it was not possible for me to send more then one track neighter to Foobar nor to J.River. When my iPo/ad looses wireless connectivity, the mediaserver stops playing after the actual track. This is a no-go for me.

Next unresolved problem is gapless playback, was not possible for me with PlugPlayer.

Please tell me, how you got it working for you. :-)

Bernhard

Resolution: Audio - 24/88 Video 2560 x 1440 Skin: Foobar DarkOne 2.1. Translucent background can be created by renaming any jpg "artist" and putting it in the same folder as the music files.

Auctioneer: How much do I hear?[br]Audience member: That\'s metaphysically absurd, man! How can I know what you hear?[br] — The Firesign Theatre, [br] Don\'t Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

• 2 months later...

Change of playback software to Foobar, partly due to the improved interface. Album list can organise by artist, album, compilations, genre, etc and is expandable to show tracks and ratings. Art at top shows front and rear covers for all albums. Info box in middle shows playlist, file info (metadata), images in the album directory, artist images taken from last.fm, artist info (biography etc), lyrics, album reviews, the comments field and any text files in the album directory (depending on which tab is selected). The waveform seekbar is a real time progress bar with extracted waveform, with spectrogram as an alternative. Status bar shows now playing as well as codec, bitrate, sample rate and bit depth.

nyfrqp.jpg

Bigger version: http://i39.tinypic.com/nyfrqp.jpg

I started out re-ripping only my instrumental music, but am now moving on to everything else, hence the low track count.

9letyp.jpg

Apple Mac Pro / SSD / FLAC / Logitech Media Server >> Wi-Fi >> Logitech Squeezebox Touch (w/EDO) >> TOSLINK >> Chord Qute EX >> RG6 >> Goldpoint SA-1 >> RG6 >> James Burgess "Baby Ongaku" (EML 2A3M) >> 12 AWG zip cord >> Omega Speaker Systems Super 8 XRS