3 hours ago, crenca said:

Thanks for the post - I am not all that enamored with this particular album but I found a couple by Apparat that went into the bookmarks...

Glad to hear it.  Apparat and Moderat (Modeselektor + Apparat) are definitely more listenable in a seated position than Ellen Allien.  If you can track it down the Sasha Involver remix of "Arcadia" is very good.  

Since I'm on the topic of down tempo techno this new release was playing tonight.

vE5aOv8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some nights a classic film touched by digital preservation before it degrades further is a good compromise.  Tonight that film played inside my head while listening to this Pentatone remaster of the BSO under Seiji Ozawa.  Summer has definitely arrived.

cover.png

3 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

I am very much sorry you limited yourself to Soviet "interpreters" of this beautiful music.

I would like to allow you opportunity to suggest a better "interpreter" of the music, Sergei Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 1 (Сергей Васильевич Рахманинов Симфония №1).   

I subbed in a less disputable choice until the current discussion on what I deem a sine qua non in my listening room has been settled.

41iimejd49L.jpg

7 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Ashkenazy, Previn, Jansons

So a Russian leads off your exemplary list of recommendations meant to instill in me the worth of non-Russian interpreters of this work?  Janson's recordings with the St. Petersburg Phil. book ending this remonstration leads me to assume you are poking fun in some farcical manner.  Tersely.

035-violin-concertos-by-black-composers-

Thank you for the clarification.  Even if it is one I'm loathe to discuss at length here where it could easily prove disruptive.  

Now then, let's see who wants to deconstruct Bruckner & Skrowaczewski - Symphony No. 4 'Romantic'.   x-D

MI0001102268.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

I went on a Dorati hunt awhile back and this find meshed neatly with an interest in the works of Joaquin Turina.  Quite obviously I enjoyed it, but the Dorati conducted first disc opener is among the newer recordings being from a live concert in 1951.  From there inwards it reads like a veritable who's who of the early to mid 20th century; Narciso Yepes, Moura Lympany, Turina himself, Conchita Supervia, and Walter Susskind among others.  

Joaquin-Turina-Grabaciones-Historicas-co

I actually changed my mind about listening to Strauss' Symphonia Domestica after realizing the extent of madness I've witnessed lately in relation to a rash of first children being born this Summer.  A Schubertiade it is then.  Kicking off with what seems the happiest of songs in this moment.

1200x630bb.jpg